30+ mpg again

I think a 24v head would help spoolup down low, but I'm no expert. I don't think it'd be worth the work of the swap though.

me too. im gonna do a compression test and see how the rings are doing. if they are shot, im going to pull the engine and do the swap

just so you know my speedo is 10mph off

photobucket-3831-1317823741167.jpg

[ame="http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp259/crabbelle/?action=view&current=photobucket-3713-1317824152584.mp4"]2011-10-05_09-55-32_947 video by crabbelle - Photobucket[/ame]

Dang that's some low rpm. I put down 854rwhp with my VE and got 27mpg on the way back home at 65mph, with the windows down. So economy and power can definitely go hand in hand...how much timing are you running? Running massive amounts of timing on mine seemed to help in by at least a few mpg. Got electric fans yet?? I would stick with the 12 valve head, it is probably more efficient at the rpm your turning.

thought about the blower setup turbolvr is making?
CompD Mobile Device

Right now timing is at 20*, im going to bump it up to say 23 or 24 and I also got a set of 5x14s with 142* spray pattern coming. For im going to swap out my h2 cam for hamiltons mpg cam first. See what that does then do the timing, then add a tonneau cover. Basically one thing at a time to get accurate accounts of what does what. Also im not running any fans

LOL good point.

short bed on this truck??
CompD Mobile Device

no still 8'. i was going to cut it down, had the 6' bed and everything but i like the fact of being about to put a bike in the back and not worry about having the tailgate down

Dang, you do have a lot left...I would bump timing a lot, and aero is worth its weight in gold......something like this:

brent-salt.jpg

im riding dirty right now, i like the stance and look, when the first snow hits im going to switch out to my aluminum 17's and highway tires. but i would like to find a lower valnce like that ford has
photobucket-548-1317614866461.jpg

0418111832.jpg

Last edited:
just installed the new injectors. sdx 5x14. ive been running ddp injectors for the past 4 or 5 years. and they were nice for sure, but having the correct spray pattern did wonders. no more haze and throttle since more responsive. im going to take it for a spin tomorrow and see what it has for solp feel

just so you know my speedo is 10mph off

So if your speedometer is off by 10mph are you going off of gps miles? If not wouldn't your miles traveled be represented by the mph your truck thought you were going instead of your actual miles traveled?

we did the math a while back and as long as I times what the truck shows by 1.1, it gives the actual mileage.

Back