30+ mpg again

Yeah it would be cool to see how a bunch of different timing settings interact with the cam.

My intake is from my front bumper, My truck weighs 5800lbs, manifold and turbo blankets, i don't know lol

My intake is from my front bumper, My truck weighs 5800lbs, manifold and turbo blankets, i don't know lol
I drove 50-55 today an my egts are 580-670*. I idle 400 at a red light.

Just wondering your secret.

we have two totally different setups, different injectors, cams, turbo(s), pump, im sure ur timing is different than mine as well. but here is a pic of the motor, we had to pull it to retrieve a tappet, which was nice because i wanted to replace my oil pan while it was out.. but that tappet cover is sexy

309524_10150339896736922_728536921_8797261_503768014_n.jpg

Last edited:
we have two totally different setups, different injectors, cams, turbo(s), pump, im sure ur timing is different than mine as well. but here is a pic of the motor, we had to pull it to retrieve a tappet, which was nice because i wanted to replace my oil pan while it was out.. but that tappet cover is sexy

309524_10150339896736922_728536921_8797261_503768014_n.jpg
No doubt our setups are different. Just trying to see if you were doing anything special.

bump....

been watching this thread and wanting to do the "fan delete" but didn't see a part # for a belt with a/c. right now my rclb 2wd is getting about 25 with only mods being tonneau cover and missing fuel plate, wanna get closer to 30.

Did it help much? Might have to try that on my next tank. Did it keep the temp more consistent, mine jumps up and down all day and never gets over 180 or so with 50-70 degree temps.

bump....

been watching this thread and wanting to do the "fan delete" but didn't see a part # for a belt with a/c. right now my rclb 2wd is getting about 25 with only mods being tonneau cover and missing fuel plate, wanna get closer to 30.
I can get you a part# tomorrow. I forgot to look today. I couldn't get my fan off, its easier to remove the hub anyway.

Yeah I would rather remove the hub and run a shorter belt than just removing the fan if there is a belt out there that fits with a/c. Thanks

I don't notice a difference with my fan on or off the truck. Temps stay the same, except it warms up a hair faster.

^ did you just pull the fan or everything and run a shorter belt?

Yeah I would rather remove the hub and run a shorter belt than just removing the fan if there is a belt out there that fits with a/c. Thanks
Gates # K080702HD. Length is 70 3/4"