47re won't shift out of first

i can post up pictures of the tfod-3 install instructions if that'll help. the gov seloniod is unplugged and the pig tail secured out of the way during install. when my trans guy accidentally plugged it in my trans was doing some weird stuff .
it sounds like your computer still has a say in whats going on.

i can post up pictures of the tfod-3 install instructions if that'll help. the gov seloniod is unplugged and the pig tail secured out of the way during install. when my trans guy accidentally plugged it in my trans was doing some weird stuff .
it sounds like your computer still has a say in whats going on.

That would be nice. I've been trying to find it lol. Just the pinout.

Everything else works, so i just want to disconnect the wire for the sensor so i can plug the harness back in and get od/lu back.

y3y4azu7.jpg
e2avesy9.jpg
4u9equ9u.jpg
azaqe5yp.jpg
de6uzyny.jpg
asunysu5.jpg
2evu5u6u.jpg
ybugajad.jpg
yre6uqys.jpg

That's everything I have hope it helps

I should. Just gonna snip the pressure sensor signal wire to computer, and if that doesn't fix it, I'm gonna drop the pan and unhook the sensor.

When I bought my truck it wouldn't shift if I was in the throttle to hard, all I did was adjust the bands and you could floor it and it would bang right through the gears.

Ok, so I snipped the #4 wire, the pressure sensor signal wire, and everything worked great for about 5 minutes. Now I'm back in the exact same situation, whether that harness is plugged in or not.

Starts in 1st, will sometimes shift to 2nd if I'm under 1000rpm, but it's rare. TV adjustment seems to do nothing.

Can someone post up the band adjustment specs? I can't remember them anymore.
Should I snip that pressure sensor power (#2) or the ground wire (#5) also?

I also remember on my old 1/2 ton, I had a problem similar to this, where it shifted fine until the transmission got warm, then I lost all but reverse. Trans shop said the filter was clogged. Is that a possibility?

I wish I had a better answer, but you don't need to adjust anything until you figure out your failure. You will end up masking what's wrong.

And yes, it does sound like you're failing to build enough pressure to force the VB to the next shift, but I'm not sure how that flow path works on a manual VB

Last edited:
I wish I had a better answer, but you don't need to adjust anything until you figure out your failure. You will end up masking what's wrong.

And yes, it does sound like you're failing to build enough pressure to force the VB to the next shift, but I'm not sure how that flow path works on a manual VB

I guess I'm dropping the pan tomorrow and checking the filter.

Got a better test today now that I'm calm and had a decent nights sleep.

The truck drives completely fine until it starts to warm up. Then it takes longer and longer for it to shift into 3rd, until it won't shift at all unless I let out of the throttle and slow down to idle rpm. Then 2nd starts taking longer and longer to shift, until it also just stops entirely. Once it's up to operating temp, all I have is 1st and reverse, which are still super responsive.

Going to the store now for a new gasket and some oil, going to drop the pan and see a metal shaving wonderland I'm sure.

so I started to adjust the rear band, it was extremely loose. so I torqued it to spec and back off 3 turns, and now it still feels pretty loose. Is that right?

Thought I had read on here about adjusting for a 1/4" gap on the bands? Ive been told torque to 72" lbs and back off 1 turn also on performance builds.

This is a decent powered street truck. I just left it at 3 turns for rear, 2 for front. About to test drive.

Test drive.

It will now shift only to 3rd, and only if coasting. Then i can downshift to 2nd, but that is the only way to get 2nd.