47re won't shift out of first

Have you tried unplugging all electronic connections and test driving it? That will tell you if the computer is doing anything at all.

Yeah. Now i tried again. I had every gear, then 3rd would slip into neutral until i applied throttle/rpm, then it would jump back into 3rd. Then i lost lockup, then everything.

I'm done driving it until someone can give me an idea to try, or until we can figure out how to get the trans out from under the truck.

Sure the shifter is adjusted properly?
How many miles on this build?

Earlier this year I had trouble with mine shifting. Here's a link to the thread instead of typing it all out again:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166438&highlight=shift
Did it end up being the 2nd gear servo?
Sure the shifter is adjusted properly?
How many miles on this build?

Yup. Works fine until it gets warm. To me, it sounds like a pressure problem. Bleeding off or something. Scott's problem actually sounds a lot like mine.

Also, maybe 35k at the most on this trans. About 10k was towing, 15k highway, the rest city/street/base driving.

The first time it happened Dave Goerend suggested the filter change and it fixed it. 2 months later it happened again and I changed the filter, adjusted both bands, and replaced the solenoid and transducer and it hasn't happened since.

I suspected my TC coming apart and stopping the filter up, but it hasn't happened since, so I really can't tell you if it was the filter change or the parts swap that fixed it. It would shift OK until the temps got up and then it would do like yours, didn't want to shift under throttle and no lock-up.

The first time it happened Dave Goerend suggested the filter change and it fixed it. 2 months later it happened again and I changed the filter, adjusted both bands, and replaced the solenoid and transducer and it hasn't happened since.

I suspected my TC coming apart and stopping the filter up, but it hasn't happened since, so I really can't tell you if it was the filter change or the parts swap that fixed it. It would shift OK until the temps got up and then it would do like yours, didn't want to shift under throttle and no lock-up.

Your's is still a regular automatic VB correct?

I guess what I meant is, will the transducer and/or solenoid allow pressure loss in a manual vb? I don't really know what they do in the trans lol.

Do you remember what was done to convert it ? Was it a specific kit that was installed ? I agree with the above about some kind of leak down or pressure loss . When my trans was acting up the trans guy i take it to accidentally plugged in my gov solenoid . Which brought it back into service and the trans didn't want to shift when I told it to . I would shift 1-2 and when to vehicle speed hit around 20 it would shift . Unplugged that solenoid or snipped the wire to pin 5 and its back to normal. Being that you lost lock up and od I would think something else is going on . I'll try and find the hydraulic schematics and post them

Your's is still a regular automatic VB correct?
Yes, it is a Goerend VB, still shifts automatically.

I guess what I meant is, will the transducer and/or solenoid allow pressure loss in a manual vb? I don't really know what they do in the trans lol.
I would think if yours is a manual VB, the transducer and/or solenoid would not function as in mine. I was mainly relating my experience with a clogged filter. I mentioned replacing the transducer and solenoid simply because I couldn't say exactly which fixed my problem the 2nd time since I did it all at once.

Do you remember what was done to convert it ? Was it a specific kit that was installed ? I agree with the above about some kind of leak down or pressure loss . When my trans was acting up the trans guy i take it to accidentally plugged in my gov solenoid . Which brought it back into service and the trans didn't want to shift when I told it to . I would shift 1-2 and when to vehicle speed hit around 20 it would shift . Unplugged that solenoid or snipped the wire to pin 5 and its back to normal. Being that you lost lock up and od I would think something else is going on . I'll try and find the hydraulic schematics and post them

It was a transgo kit with some parts sub'd in IIRC. It was a few years ago. I don't think it's in the VB though, as it all works fine until it gets warm.

Nice find.

Yes, it is a Goerend VB, still shifts automatically.

I would think if yours is a manual VB, the transducer and/or solenoid would not function as in mine. I was mainly relating my experience with a clogged filter. I mentioned replacing the transducer and solenoid simply because I couldn't say exactly which fixed my problem the 2nd time since I did it all at once.

Ok, thats what I figured. I did change the filter out just in case. You have me leaning into that servo though. I need to get the pan dropped again and check it out.

So tomorrow I'll check out the transducer/solenoid, and attempt to get at the servo. I know you can get it without dropping the trans, but you do have to drop the valvebody correct? Anyone got a picture or description of it's exact location, and if there's anything special needed to remove it? It should have a type of oring that would be leaking/damaged?

So I readjusted the bands again, and took apart the governor body and put it back together, didn't actually change anything, but everything works now. Lol