5.9 gone now 6.7

I would think the cng would be a problem as it isn't being accurately measured and timed like the diesel injection?

Not sure how it would be a problem.
It's mixed with the air on the way in and its injection is controlled by rpm/tps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

am thinking of swapping 2010 6.7 into a 2007. I here diff opions on injectors to use. will the 2007 ecu fire the 6.7 injectors and is harness the same or will I have to change ends for injectors thanks

how has your swap worked out. Have you had any problems with using 6.7 injectors with your ecm? I am swapping a 2010 6.7 into a 2007 that had 5.9 thanks

how has your swap worked out. Have you had any problems with using 6.7 injectors with your ecm? I am swapping a 2010 6.7 into a 2007 that had 5.9 thanks

Just a warning but if I were you I wouldn't keep posting repetitive questions unless you want a permanent vacation from here.

If it's actually a real question, then yes, the 07 ECM will fire them and no you don't need a new harness.

am thinking of swapping 2010 6.7 into a 2007. I here diff opions on injectors to use. will the 2007 ecu fire the 6.7 injectors and is harness the same or will I have to change ends for injectors thanks

Is your 07 a 6.7 truck?

Like mentioned about the answer is on post 71.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was just sitting here bored and playing with a 6.7 injector and a 2003 5.9 injector and I'm getting the same reading for resistance with my el cheapo ohm meter.

At some point I'm going to remove the solenoids from some junk ones, just to see what all is different internally that might affect a cold start.

Mark.

Um, yes.
one of the intake valves on #5 decided not to return to its hole, Mr Piston was coming up and didn't care Mr Valve had not vacated the area yet. A fight ensued and both if the received fatal injuries.

The engine note has all new pistons, cam valve springs, twin turbos..

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

If the CNG was being injected via your injectors that is a different story. If you are fogging a fuel in with the air, I would expect it to cause damage.

If the CNG was being injected via your injectors that is a different story. If you are fogging a fuel in with the air, I would expect it to cause damage.

Um WTF?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

WTF is you are adding untimed fuel, search- Why does propane make a engine go boom? Timing

Although propane and CNG are similar they are not the same. Propane WILL ignite under compression, CNG will not, this is why we use CNG and not Propane.
The CNG had nothing to do with my intake valve sticking in the open position which is what cause the destruction.

So to summarize. CNG is nothing like Propane when it comes to this application and to be honest even IF you still think it is I'm not open to debate this subject.
the truck is fixed, running great (with CNG) and sold.

Party on.. :ft:

Back