$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

Some people will never get it. When it comes to competition there will ALWAYS be someone to push the limits of whatever rules are on thier class, especially when there is this much money and recognition on the line. Try to make rules to regulate it more close to where it is an actual street driven, everyday, pull the trailer in, anyone can compete truck and you will have a rule list 6 pages long and tech will take 6 hrs for 100 trucks to check it all. This is all old news in the pullin world, welcome to it Drag Racers. Drag racers have actual rules for once and I think the world may just come to an end.

So..... if you do not have the balls to step up to the class then STFU and sit back and watch. I garranty you there will be plenty of people that will not complain, put thier 500.00 on the line and race. Its always the broke ass guys that want the rules to fit "thier trucks" the way they already are so they can just hop in the truck and go to the track and win. Its the guys that you never hear from that will show up, kick ass, win the show and take the money home, you wont see them on here complaining about rules.

Bring it and hope you brought the best. If you complain enough maby somone will come up with a race that will pay 50,000.00 to the best Powder Puff competitor.

Exactly. Like I said, thats just racing.:rockwoot:

I love the idea. But these trucks that will be racing, the one that wins will have come on a trailer, not pulled the trailer.

Other then that, you guys got one of the best idea's I've seen the past 6 years going for ya.

I don't think you are going to go anywhere in the country and see a race that could pay 50k and the car/truck not be on a trailer. Shoot guys don't even drive their junk to Pinks and it only pays 10k.

Atleast I agree with Don for once. This isn't the Average Joes race this a a high dollar build truck that is going to win this race. I imagine that Jeff has that 6.7 already chopped up and tubbed sitting with a nice Scheid 2.6 turbo on it.

It's coming down to a shop truck now it be Beans or Garmon Compy truck. Whatever. Well you can count Snow White out.

We were already discussing the having our own big payout race last night that will be the Average Joes race and National Trails would be a good spot.

Did you read what Jeff just posted?

See I've read your lame ass comment since you've been on my board(Yes this is my sand box) you have done nothing but make empty comments about what you are going to do and how great you are....But you never do a Damn thing!

If you got such a problem take a trip up to a Ohio and see what I am doing. For the longest time. I have had a another damn engine in the shop getting machine work done. Or among other things helping my brother out all kinds of crap. Before then kid I would have been down for this race and completely went ball's out with the debit card to build a truck. Guess what I just cant go spend another $70K in engines machine work tranny's setups everything. Yes thats right $70K out of my own pocket thats not including the trucks. I don't gets parts sponsored to me or can right parts off for taxes.

Bring your truck up you and me can runs those bad boys at the trails tonight.

The first couple of posts in this very thread say that this race was set up "not for the Big Dog Racers but for guys who did not want to spend their life savings on a build"

In this "heads up race" the trucks without a 5K dollar turbo, a PCM shift controlled auto trans, a roll bar system, and a back half suspension on 2wd models are done for. I mean I guess this is not spending your life savings to build a truck, but then again this will go deep into a 20K dollar range for many people and thats before they have a truck to put these parts into.

I understand the rules and all. I am not trying to stir the pot at all here. I am trying to understand how a race for the average guy who cant spend his life savings is ever going to win this.

:clap: both your posts. The name of the race should probably change. With something like "pro turbo/truck shootout" in it. Maybe, if there's a next race...it will more suited for the average truck..

You guys never should've said this was for the average Joe and u wouldn't have this problem. Lol didn't you get this from sled pulling....2.6 street class...lol nothing street about it.

If you got such a problem take a trip up to a Ohio and see what I am doing. For the longest time. I have had a another damn engine in the shop getting machine work done. Or among other things helping my brother out all kinds of crap. Before then kid I would have been down for this race and completely went ball's out with the debit card to build a truck. Guess what I just cant go spend another $70K in engines machine work tranny's setups everything. Yes thats right $70K out of my own pocket thats not including the trucks. I don't gets parts sponsored to me or can right parts off for taxes.

Bring your truck up you and me can runs those bad boys at the trails tonight.

$70K with nothing to Show...Flat Awesome! I'm done with you.

Stay out of this thread until you have something important to share.

Travis, that's not what I tried to say, I was a little to litteral. Your right, you would trailer in for a race that far away no matter what you have.

You guys never should've said this was for the average Joe and u wouldn't have this problem. Lol didn't you get this from sled pulling....2.6 street class...lol nothing street about it.

Wait till all threads about 2.6 after this race :lolly:

Travis, that's not what I tried to say, I was a little to litteral. Your right, you would trailer in for a race that far away no matter what you have.

Gotcha. I misread. Please accept my humblest apologies.

Last edited:
:clap: both your posts. The name of the race should probably change. With something like "pro turbo/truck shootout" in it. Maybe, if there's a next race...it will more suited for the average truck..

You mean 8000 pound 4x4 trucks with lift kits and twins?

OK, I understand the reason why people are complaining. However, I am so excited about this race I can't sleep. I have been pulling over to check any comments on my Droid every thirty minutes and the last three pages or so have been people that are unhappy. It's cool to not agree with the rules, they sure don't bode well for my Excursion. But who here is ready to F&$#ng race man. I just had to type something out positive. I can't wait to light the f$## tree in Feb.

Atleast I agree with Don for once. This isn't the Average Joes race this a a high dollar build truck that is going to win this race. I imagine that Jeff has that 6.7 already chopped up and tubbed sitting with a nice Scheid 2.6 turbo on it.

It's coming down to a shop truck now it be Beans or Garmon Compy truck. Whatever. Well you can count Snow White out. We were already discussing the having our own big payout race last night that will be the Average Joes race and National Trails would be a good spot.

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

Snow White will fit right in:nos:

oh wait I don't use that stuff anymore:stab:

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

Snow White will fit right in:nos:

oh wait I don't use that stuff anymore:stab:

Don't get me wrong. Id love to see a Ford take the race just to see the looks on everyones faces. The simple power that CR guys are making out of a Sled Pulling 2.6 Turbo is not in your favor. Do a CR conversion like Swamps and she will be good to go.

I think somewhere the description for this race got messed up. when Jeff called me Monday he told specificly this race was not for your average idiot diesel truck racer that shows up with is buddys races and then kicks in somebodies bed side. This race is strictly for the VENDORS and whoever they would like to sponsor to get in. Now there will be some induviduals that dont belong to a shop send in 500.00 and come race but the main purpose was for Vendors to sponsor trucks to race, come set up a booth the 500.00 entry pays for the booth space.

This is how it was presented to me and makes more sense for how its set up, anything competing for 50k will not be for your average joe so get over it.

Don't get me wrong. Id love to see a Ford take the race just to see the looks on everyones faces. The simple power that CR guys are making out of a Sled Pulling 2.6 Turbo is not in your favor. Do a CR conversion like Swamps and she will be good to go.

Now I know you are trying to hurt my feelings , the last part is adding insult to injury.

This is the perfect race to show what a 7.3 can do if someone wants too bad enough.

This will be a drivers/tuners/truck setup race plain and simple and just because you can make a 1000rwhp does not mean you have any better chance of winning than a 700 rwhp truck.

I think somewhere the description for this race got messed up. when Jeff called me Monday he told specificly this race was not for your average idiot diesel truck racer that shows up with is buddys races and then kicks in somebodies bed side. This race is strictly for the VENDORS and whoever they would like to sponsor to get in. Now there will be some induviduals that dont belong to a shop send in 500.00 and come race but the main purpose was for Vendors to sponsor trucks to race, come set up a booth the 500.00 entry pays for the booth space.

This is how it was presented to me and makes more sense for how its set up, anything competing for 50k will not be for your average joe so get over it.

Wow that's a lot of vendors.

Now I know you are trying to hurt my feelings , the last part is adding insult to injury.

This is the perfect race to show what a 7.3 can do if someone wants too bad enough.

This will be a drivers/tuners/truck setup race plain and simple and just because you can make a 1000rwhp does not mean you have any better chance of winning than a 700 rwhp truck.

Then I will say again. If power is not a play then why is not anyone touching Scheids Rail. Zanes Rail or the Banks Rail.

Tuning and setup and making the tree are all great. Power has A LOT to do with it. Or Wide Open and Banks would be ahead of Sheid.

Take in the fact it's at Sea Level and Cool Air. More power can be had out of the Higher elevation 1000HP hot summer heat Ohio trucks.

Keep lying to yourselves and say that power has nothing to do with it.

$70K with nothing to Show...Flat Awesome! I'm done with you.

Stay out of this thread until you have something important to share.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Go get 'em Phil!! I love the guys that like to tell how much they've spent...I know what I've spent in this sport, and frankly, I'm almost ashamed!!!

It's fun, but DAMN!!
Chris:D