contain water and/or ice only. Tank must be securely mounted to
frame, frame member, or OEM floorpan. To permit “making a class”
due to a difference in scale calibration, a maximum removable
weight of 100 pounds (or as outlined in Class Requirements) is
permitted. Removable weight must be securely mounted to the
frame or frame structure by a minimum of two 1/2-inch-diameter
steel bolts per 100 pounds, or one 3/8-inch steel bolt per 5 pounds;
all other weight bars, pucks, etc. must use minimum 1/2-inchdiameter
SAE grade 8 bolts for attachment. Hose clamps, wire, strapping, tape, tie wraps, etc. for securing weight or ballast
prohibited. Acceptable forms of ballast are 1) Heavier gauge steel
floors (i.e., 16- or 18-gauge, heavier gauge and/or plate steel
prohibited); 2) Frame reinforcing cross members; or 3) the addition
of protective equipment such as roll bars, flywheel shield, etc. If
additional ballast is needed and is permitted by Class
Requirements, it must be permanently attached to frame, bolted with
two 1/2-inch-diameter bolts per 100 pounds, with nuts welded to
bolts. Maximum amount of removable and/or permanent ballast,
unless otherwise stated under Class Requirements, is 500 pounds.
Cars running 8.49 and quicker are limited to 250 pounds maximum,
per SFI chassis specification.
So to be technically in compliance with the NHRA rules, the guys wanting to add over 500 lbs are out (unless they add it in really heavy-wall crossmembers or something like that).

Because they're the ones who will be handing out the prize money. :hehe:

Everyone who has entered is in this thread... Jeff's thanked them in print..

We have a LOT of folks committed and still waiting for the check...

The check in hand is the key...Untill we recieve it, It's just words..... I just hope all these commitments don't get their feelings hurt when they finally mail the check and we have to mail it back cause we're full..

The entry list (money in hand) will continue to get thanked publicly here by Jeff's post..

I think that some people might be shocked to see the wide group of people that says they are going to enter. Jeff and company were first to ante up, and are the ones shelling out money for the event.

ok let’s work on getting some entertainment , for the time between rounds , big wheel races anyone, for the kids , a few home grown bands ,as in maybe a open stage for any band to make noise during the day.

I would say only family type entertainment

I think that some people might be shocked to see the wide group of people that says they are going to enter. Jeff and company were first to ante up, and are the ones shelling out money for the event.

ok let’s work on getting some entertainment , for the time between rounds , big wheel races anyone, for the kids , a few home grown bands ,as in maybe a open stage for any band to make noise during the day.

I would say only family type entertainment

Two words: Karaoke Contest!!!

Two more words:
Cooler Races!!!

I see the Ballast issue was brought up - here is the NHRA rule:

So to be technically in compliance with the NHRA rules, the guys wanting to add over 500 lbs are out (unless they add it in really heavy-wall crossmembers or something like that).

I was thinking that as well. in SS and Comp its only removable weight if you can remove it , wielding the nut on is considered non removable.
I remember when a few comp cars wanted to get in the heavy altered classes; I saw ½ steel plate in the floors. I would recommend drill collar bumpers at 125 lbs per foot.
No sand bags for sure , this needs to be safe

Rules

If we really get into NHRA rules I think there just might be a few hurt fillings at this race. There's a few more rules that I could see some problem's with. I will bet anything that staging goes out the window at this race. Jeff

And the staging should go out the window at this race, it's a limited turbo class, they should spool faster than lightning.

I know when i go to the line, if the guy next to me aint ready.....oh well. I came to win, not test and tune!

Courtesy staging is just what it sounds, treating each other with respect. This race should not be about dirty tricks, or being just plain rude.
Will I do all I can to win a race under the rules , yes, I came to win, but this is why you have rules to keep in gentlemanly. Just as in ladders, I have seen people scheduled to run each other loan each other parts, and help the night before, this is good sportsmanship.

As to entertainment , I recommend Tim Turner be the MC and announcer of this event , now do we have any talented people on her that are planning to attend , that could provide some relief

So if Garmon's diesel and your business are entering trucks why is it you guys get to know whose entered and the other 98 entrants who paid the same as you aren't allowed THAT info? :badidea: IMO thats :bs:

Really!!! What difference doe's it make? You know for a fact there is going to be some STIFF competition there. To be perfectly honest Jim, I really couldn't tell you who is in and who is not. We just deposit check's counting down to 100. I would be really hard pressed to produce a list for you right now. I can tell you for sure that there are some BAD AZZ truck's from all over this country and Canada already entered. So your saying that you may or may not enter based on who's entered? Come on Jim, your better than that! If we decide to post the list it will not be until all 100 spot's are filled. If you think for one mimute that either Jeff or myself have an unfair advantage you are sadly mistaken. This race was thought out to be for the racer's and tuner's. It has deviated from the original idea a little bit, but we are doing the BEST we can to make this an unforgettable event. Just think, Jeff and I both were the very first to enter, we did'nt have a clue who the other racer's would be. And get this, we DIDN'T care.............Let's race

I'm up for some karaoke...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0m3MP7ZHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0m3MP7ZHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtEodbhVHI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtEodbhVHI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back to race gentleman, we don't need to make it any more complicated that it already is. The rule's have been set, you know what they are. I am not scared of ANYONE that enter's and RACES. If it is the racer's desire to see who is entered maybe we can make that info available only to people already entered. Come on, we gotta have a little surprise and anticipation. I'm thinking this is going to be a FUN event. Maybe we could hire Barry Manilow or Engledink Humperburt to come entertain us between round's:snoop: Come on fella's and lighten up, you would think we are racing for 50K LMAO Gary

Back to race gentleman, we don't need to make it any more complicated that it already is. The rule's have been set, you know what they are. I am not scared of ANYONE that enter's and RACES. If it is the racer's desire to see who is entered maybe we can make that info available only to people already entered. Come on, we gotta have a little surprise and anticipation. I'm thinking this is going to be a FUN event. Maybe we could hire Barry Manilow or Engledink Humperburt to come entertain us between round's:snoop: Come on fella's and lighten up, you would think we are racing for 50K LMAO Gary

YEAH, what he said :clap:

Courtesy staging is just what it sounds, treating each other with respect. This race should not be about dirty tricks, or being just plain rude.
Will I do all I can to win a race under the rules , yes, I came to win, but this is why you have rules to keep in gentlemanly. Just as in ladders, I have seen people scheduled to run each other loan each other parts, and help the night before, this is good sportsmanship.

As to entertainment , I recommend Tim Turner be the MC and announcer of this event , now do we have any talented people on her that are planning to attend , that could provide some relief

Comp, it's not rude or dirty, it's within the rules! the raceing is serious, before and after the track you can be as nice as a flower, but dont come to the line looking for a hand out cause you dont know how to race within the rules, or because you havent raced in 5 years.....:hehe:

Those rules are in place for a reason!! it keeps the racers focused on raceing, not taking a break for coffey and donuts

out of curiosity...how many spots remain? I'm a little shocked that any would be.

Wish I could even entertain the idea of entering myself...hell I even have build ideas I would never be able to have come to be, but I digress.

hows this gary? i couldn't book, engledink, but i got his brother instead.

its_an_addiction_flyer-p2443369986786159912pafb_525-1-1-1-2-1.jpg

Really!!! What difference doe's it make? You know for a fact there is going to be some STIFF competition there. To be perfectly honest Jim, I really couldn't tell you who is in and who is not. We just deposit check's counting down to 100. I would be really hard pressed to produce a list for you right now. I can tell you for sure that there are some BAD AZZ truck's from all over this country and Canada already entered. So your saying that you may or may not enter based on who's entered? Come on Jim, your better than that! If we decide to post the list it will not be until all 100 spot's are filled. If you think for one mimute that either Jeff or myself have an unfair advantage you are sadly mistaken. This race was thought out to be for the racer's and tuner's. It has deviated from the original idea a little bit, but we are doing the BEST we can to make this an unforgettable event. Just think, Jeff and I both were the very first to enter, we did'nt have a clue who the other racer's would be. And get this, we DIDN'T care.............Let's race

What I didn't think was right is the way you posted. I wouldn't expect you to post a list UNTIL the race is filled. At that point it should be available to the entrants. Just to be clear I NEVER asked for a list. I also have no intention of entering a truck, but I will be there to support the event and help if needed. Your post reminds me of these fukking senators and congress people that make laws that apply to everyone but them. May I suggest you chose your words better.:Cheer:

So if Garmon's diesel and your business are entering trucks why is it you guys get to know whose entered and the other 98 entrants who paid the same as you aren't allowed THAT info? :badidea: IMO thats :bs:

OMG we are getting a little sensitive aren't we!