$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

I doubt highly that I will have anything built, but I am going to do my best to come down to spectate if nothing else.

And the day a vehicle with a 1000 pound motor stuffed in the nose pulls the wheels 3 feet is the day pigs fly! And I don't mean Dave catching a ride with Tim. LOL Sorry couldn't resist the analogy.

the Dmax is a lot lighter then 1000 lbs , and wheels in the air is the best way to keep one stuck to the track.

look at any Super Stocker .

here is me at the Dallas event with a 300 cid single 4 barrel motor, 3300 lbs car

Camaro.jpg

the Dmax is a lot lighter then 1000 lbs , and wheels in the air is the best way to keep one stuck to the track.

here is me at the Dallas event with a 300 cid single 4 barrel motor, 3300 lbs car

Camaro.jpg

Far cry from a 6000 pound truck. And a D-Max may be less than a 1000 pounds but it's certainly A LOT more than your 300cid whatever it is.

apples and oranges...

Introducing:

THE SUPER STOCK DIESEL QUICK 16 !!!

Date to be announced but already honed in on Mid/Late FEB. or Early MARCH...

Jeff is calling this a "Customer Appreciation Diesel Race" for diesel Enthusist only....Absolutely NO BS will be tolerated at this race... None of the crap that happened at TS a year ago or Scheid this year.....

We want some fans in the stands but thats not Jeff's main priority here guys... This is about Head to Head All out diesel racing and BIG money to Show APPRECIATION for being involved and helping grow the sport!!!

Vendors that want to set up will only have ONE requirement... You MUST sponsor / Enter a truck for the race....Doesn't matter who it is.. Long as they are running your products and you want it showcased... Enter that truck and bring any Vendor setup you want!! All you big dogs, This is your time to Show that Appreciation for these folks purchasing your products!!

Okay folks... Jeff Garmon (Jeff2) with the help Gary Ray ( Wrongway ) bring you the winter race to be at!!!!!!

Pre Registration ONLY!!!!
$500 Entry Fee ( Jeff, Gary, and I have raised $12,000 ALREADY TODAY...the first day)

Contact Jeff Garmon, Gary Ray or myself to get your entry fee in...Better Hurry!!!

ONLY 100 truck limit to try to make the Top 16!!!

This is how it goes!! :

-Min. Weight = 6000+ lbs
-FUEL ONLY!!! No injectables of ANY kind - No Nitrous, Water, or CO2 for cooling intercoolers!!!
-D.O.T. tires ONLY ( drag radials, Cheater slicks, or street tires ONLY)
-66mm ( 2.6 charger rules ) ONLY!!! If you want to Bush it down, thats fine...Same rules as 2.6 sled rules!!

Scheid Diesel Sled pull 2.6 rules and that the same tech guy that tech'd the Scheid sled pull will be there to tech this race

Not sure about T&T yet but once this gets under way, this is how it will go:

All 100 trucks will have 3 qualifying passes to get into the top 16....

Then it will be just like Pinks All Out.... They will be eleminated down to the #1 Quickest truck of the day!!!

PAYOUTS:

IF ALL 100 SPOTS ARE FILLED, THIS IS HOW IS GOES!!

First Place = $25,000
Second Place = $10,000

3rd Thru 16th places will ALL get $1071.00 ....That's Twice the buy in for this race!!!

Entry Fees:

Mail Checks / Money Orders to:

Garmon's Diesel Performance
1222 High Falls Rd.
Griffin, GA 30223

Or call Jeff at 404-557-4972 to give him your Credit Card so he can run it right then! Those that know Gary Ray, I beleive he is taking them too. I can as well but would rather you give it to Jeff or Gary. I'm lible to skip town with it.....LOL

Race Vouchers will be mailed to Every competitor when payment is Received:

Few more details:

If this race gets rained out, it WILL be rescheduled...No money will be lost!!!

If for some reason that we can Not get ALL 100 SPOTS Filled for this race, IT WILL BE A WINNER TAKE ALL PURSE!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens to be $35,000, Well then Thats what the winner takes to the House!!!!!!!!!

I think that about covers it.... If I forgot something or didn't make something clear, Please post up and we'll see if we can get it handled!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drive::tree:

Oh trust me, from the call's I've been getting everybody is getting innovating LOL In the last week I have heard of some WILD idea's people are coming up with. I think after this race is over there will NOT be a ton of 66mm charger's for sale.............I see the BIRTH of a new racing class!! People, this going to be the end all of diesel drag racing as we know it. Just think of it, an affordable FAST, FUN class of truck's that MOST anyone can build. Everyone think's you have to be RICH to run in this race, I say all you have to do is THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!! Nuff said, Gary :st:

This is the beginnings of real racing. Racing where two trucks actually make it to the stripe under power, and live to come back around, to make another pass.
The more limited the rules, the more you will get innovators in to the class. The .4 tenths pro tree , makes it all come in to prospective.
This is not just about power , it’s about the sport of Drag Racing .

I have been around since the birth of organized diesel racing and after all the pages and years of BS it comes to down to these 3 post that will be the maturing state of diesel racing.

Everything else up to this point has been the normal course of birth, crawling and stumbling to walking, now we enter the stages of learning to run and run at full power.
I personally know a lot of the guys arguing in this thread and while we will always have competitive camaraderie just think of the Mustang(Fox body racing) days back when it started in 92-93 era. When you put limitations on something the true innovators will come out of the wood work and sad to say it will not be many of the guys that have been around for years making smoke shows. This simple set of rules will set apart the racer/tuner from the wanna fit in average smoke show enthusiast/participant.

Camaro.jpg

.98 60's on a 10.5W tire with the front hiked about 6" max.
Your camaro wasn't even close to that kind of power, tire limitation OR 60' time.
You do NOT need to hang the front 3 feet high to plant the tires.

I have been around since the birth of organized diesel racing and after all the pages and years of BS it comes to down to these 3 post that will be the maturing state of diesel racing.

Everything else up to this point has been the normal course of birth, crawling and stumbling to walking, now we enter the stages of learning to run and run at full power.
I personally know a lot of the guys arguing in this thread and while we will always have competitive camaraderie just think of the Mustang(Fox body racing) days back when it started in 92-93 era. When you put limitations on something the true innovators will come out of the wood work and sad to say it will not be many of the guys that have been around for years making smoke shows. This simple set of rules will set apart the racer/tuner from the wanna fit in average smoke show enthusiast/participant.
David , you are dead on , and I am excited about this. Real racing is comiong. and the anti is being bumped up.
some real players will be coming in to the sport. The secret to this racing is hard work, and inovation.

.98 60's on a 10.5W tire with the front hiked about 6" max.
Your camaro wasn't even close to that kind of power, tire limitation OR 60' time.
You do NOT need to hang the front 3 feet high to plant the tires.

With that statement, you truly show that you do not understand drag racing’s basic principles, or the sport of drag racing.

The Super stocker you’re looking at is state of the art at the time, and won a world championship. Was driven by myself, Mike Edwards, , Buddy Nickens, Mike Tumble, and a few others when it was a trainer in Nickens brothers racing camp. All Super Stockers with the small tires it run’s leave like this. The engine is an all gasoline engine no turbo’s just throttle. In other words, power the hard way. Can someone put this guy in his place; you’re so far out of your league, not to be rude , but I’ve forgot more about drag racing , then you will ever know by wiping tires on your buddy’s car.

Back to the subject at hand

In this new diesel racing , huge tires will cost a few precious hundreds over a smaller tire , hence the need to stick it to the ground on the line. SS diesel with become a great class with qualifying times between first and last of no more than a few tenths. This will be real racing, go for good are the days of everyone just doing anything they want, and scattering parts on every pass Fans don’t want to watch that.

With that statement, you truly show that you do not understand drag racing’s basic principles, or the sport of drag racing.

The Super stocker you’re looking at is state of the art at the time, and won a world championship. Was driven by myself, Mike Edwards, , Buddy Nickens, Mike Tumble, and a few others when it was a trainer in Nickens brothers racing camp. All Super Stockers with the small tires it run’s leave like this. The engine is an all gasoline engine no turbo’s just throttle. In other words, power the hard way. Can someone put this guy in his place; you’re so far out of your league, not to be rude , but I’ve forgot more about drag racing , then you will ever know by wiping tires on your buddy’s car.

This has to be Gregs #1 best post of all time! No offence to anyone, just sayin, greg got some balls today! :lolly:

I can't wait to see you again Greg. I wanna know if your guts are as big in person as they are on the Internet.
I fully understand that car was state of the art at the time...it's NOt that time anymore.
You don't have to donthings now the way they were done 15 years ago.

This has to be Gregs #1 best post of all time! No offence to anyone, just sayin, greg got some balls today! :lolly:

Too bad he doesn't have the balls to say that in person. He's had many chances...

PS Greg....I was running mid 8's as far back as 1992 or so.
Don't act like you're the only one here thats ever raced a car.
Come at me in person with that wiping tires comment you piece of sh!t...see what I wipe up then.

Last edited:
How about you all start a new thread called

"PISSING AND MOANING about drag racing" or
"MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS drag racing".

Let's see this get back on topic and all the rest of the BS go in another thread properly titled!

What were we talking about? Thread?

None of my business, but I'm feeling rather grumpy today so wtf.
I don't see anything Greg said that should have enticed a threat? So what if he does say that in person? What was out of line?

"With that statement, you truly show that you do not understand drag racing’s basic principles, or the sport of drag racing.

The Super stocker you’re looking at is state of the art at the time, and won a world championship. Was driven by myself, Mike Edwards, , Buddy Nickens, Mike Tumble, and a few others when it was a trainer in Nickens brothers racing camp. All Super Stockers with the small tires it run’s leave like this. The engine is an all gasoline engine no turbo’s just throttle. In other words, power the hard way (posted by Mr. Nitrious himself and I thought it was worth noting). Can someone put this guy in his place; you’re so far out of your league, not to be rude , but I’ve forgot more about drag racing , then you will ever know by wiping tires on your buddy’s car. "

Couple jabs there, but I don't see a reason for a boxing match.:what:

Just tired of this cocksucker acting like everyone is beneath him because they haven't raced "professionally"
He doesn't know me of what I do but he'll sure run his mouth like he does.
That's ok...no more derailing this thread from me.

unbroken is a cry baby

I can't wait to see you again Greg. I wanna know if your guts are as big in person as they are on the Internet.
I fully understand that car was state of the art at the time...it's NOt that time anymore.
You don't have to donthings now the way they were done 15 years ago.

Too bad he doesn't have the balls to say that in person. He's had many chances...

PS Greg....I was running mid 8's as far back as 1992 or so.
Don't act like you're the only one here thats ever raced a car.
Come at me in person with that wiping tires comment you piece of sh!t...see what I wipe up then.

Just tired of this cocksucker acting like everyone is beneath him because they haven't raced "professionally"
He doesn't know me of what I do but he'll sure run his mouth like he does.
That's ok...no more derailing this thread from me.

end qoute

wow what a douche!! this keyboard tough guy would fight over his panties being twisted because of internet web forum postings. hahahaha

greg has never made me feel like im a lower class of racer because i havent went faster or had as much experience as him and if you take his postings of all the many things that he has been involved in as such, that is a 100% classic case of you being jealous of him for what ever childish reason and showing the diesel internet world how much of a cry baby temper throwing child you are.

good luck to ya with that attitude. it will land you on your azz, the hospitial or in jail then you can have something to cry about. grow up it is not worth it.

Ok this **** needs to stop..I know UNBROKEN personally he is a really nice person..But this thread is about the SUPER STOCK RACE..If you don't have something to say about the race DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD...

You're just saying that because Richard's a behemoth (aka "Moose") who could tie your spine into a sailor's knot... :)

He is a very big guy and pretty scary looking but everytime i've been around him at races ..He is laughing and having a good time:rockwoot: