$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

Cool - we might have to arrange a convoy to FL... :drive:

When it gets closer to time, us texas guys will have to get together and talk about when everyone is leaving. We will be driving to FL also so we may be down for a convoy...

How would the racer's and spectator's feel about a Gamblers race for the 84 people that don't make the Quick 16? I was at the track tonight finalizing the detail's of the 50K race and the track manager asked if I thought there would be any interest. This will be held AFTER the 50K race on Saturday night. I just want to let everyone know that the track official's are REALLY excited about what we are doing and can't wait until the race is here. Make's me feel really good:cheer: I have some thing's to discuss with Jeff next weekend and once we get everything nailed down I can give you all of the detail's. I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it down here for the race. I'm STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! Gary

How would the racer's and spectator's feel about a Gamblers race for the 84 people that don't make the Quick 16? I was at the track tonight finalizing the detail's of the 50K race and the track manager asked if I thought there would be any interest. This will be held AFTER the 50K race on Saturday night. I just want to let everyone know that the track official's are REALLY excited about what we are doing and can't wait until the race is here. Make's me feel really good:cheer: I have some thing's to discuss with Jeff next weekend and once we get everything nailed down I can give you all of the detail's. I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it down here for the race. I'm STOKED!!!!!!!!!!! Gary

That sounds awesome to me!

This would be awesome! Great idea Gary! I bet 83 other people will love this idea!

Aron

Lots of folks been asking me about something for the other 84, so I bet it'll be a big hit...

I think a gambler's race after Super Stock is a great idea - be nice for all those other folks who don't make the ladder have a chance to win fuel money... :shake:

Gamblers race?

The way it was explained to me is you will buy another tech card. Manager mentioned something like 20.00 since you are already there and depending on how many racer's get in as to how big the payout will be. At least it will be something for the guy's that don't make the big show. Admission for the race's are going to be really low, and the weekend pass will be sweet. Jeff and I are not making a penny off of this race, every dollar we collect will go back to the racer's. I really want to thank everyone for all of the idea's and support you are giving. Once the detail's are worked out it will be posted on the track's website. The track will be doing TV, radio, and local newspaper ad's to increase the spectator count. Like I said before, as soon as Jeff and I finalize everything I will post it here. To all of the vendor's, about 1 week before the race we will put all of the vendor's name's in a hat and draw 2 companie's. Then we are going to name the 2 lane's in their name's with banner's for them. So, if you are really lucky people will hear your company name's for 2 solid day's! How's that for participation?? There are a lot of vendor's calling and want to be a vendor for this race but do not have a truck to put in it. So try calling your favorite vendor or manufacturer and offer up YOUR truck. You might get a pleasant SURPRISE!! Gary

im open for someone sponsering my ride ;) and a gamblers race after wards would be sweet.

What is the format for the gambler's race? In traditional terms, they are dial-in bracket races with a sportsman 0.500 tree, but I suppose this could be brackets or a heads-up deal.

What is the format for the gambler's race? In traditional terms, they are dial-in bracket races with a sportsman 0.500 tree, but I suppose this could be brackets or a heads-up deal.

Michael it is a new form of Gamblers race it is officially called a no Pliska's allowed bracket race! Sorry man.LOL

:hehe: No doubt - reminds me of protesting "unfair advantage" to Mark Donahue... Michael has a chunchit valve plumbed in between his eyeball & right foot!