$50,000 Purse for a Diesel Race!!

This Bozo was just trying to make a suggestion... But don't worry, I might be too much of a Bozo to point my camera in the direction of your truck...:stab:

I would be crushed if my truck never made a magazine again!:umno::hehe:

I would be crushed if my truck never made a magazine again!:umno::hehe:

Truly sorry you feel that way man! Most enthusiasts realize the personal and professional rewards of seeing their hard work in the pages of a magazine. They appreciate it. I'm sorry that you are burned out or have been overexposed in the magazines and would not want to see your truck in a magazine. I'll do my best to help you out...:Cheer:

With $18000 the winner(s) could buy their own ad in a bunch of mags... lol

No doubt! Hopefully the winner will spend it wisely! Anyone can buy an ad... editorial and photography only goes to deserving ones... editorial is completely seperate from advertising...

Why don't we worry about all that when we get to Florida? I plan on racing$18 or $18000.........Feb 26 2011 will be remembered as the rise of the CR:rockwoot:

Truly sorry you feel that way man! Most enthusiasts realize the personal and professional rewards of seeing their hard work in the pages of a magazine. They appreciate it. I'm sorry that you are burned out or have been overexposed in the magazines and would not want to see your truck in a magazine. I'll do my best to help you out...:Cheer:

No doubt! Hopefully the winner will spend it wisely! Anyone can buy an ad... editorial and photography only goes to deserving ones... editorial is completely seperate from advertising...

Chris,

Gary asked for comments/opinions from the racers/entrants involved ONLY. Pretty simple if you ask me.:what:

While I think you do a great service to our sport, unlike some, I don't "get off" by the possibility of magazine coverage and could care less if you choose not to "point your camera" at my truck based on my comments.

I "realize the personal and professional rewards" of what I do when I go down the track, not when some pimple faced, pre-pubecent kid is holding the corner of a magazine with one hand trying not to get it sticky.

Besides, I am only doing my best Greg Houge impression at this race anyway. ;) :hehe:

Chris,

Gary asked for comments/opinions from the racers/entrants involved ONLY. Pretty simple if you ask me.:what:

While I think you do a great service to our sport, unlike some, I don't "get off" by the possibility of magazine coverage and could care less if you choose not to "point your camera" at my truck based on my comments.

I "realize the personal and professional rewards" of what I do when I go down the track, not when some pimple faced, pre-pubecent kid is holding the corner of a magazine with one hand trying not to get it sticky.

Besides, I am only doing my best Greg Houge impression at this race anyway. ;) :hehe:

In a thread with 1000s of posts I missed that point, but I did think I read it in another thread that was specific to that subject... Anyhow this thread is obviously not specific to the paid entrants... I read some of the comments and posted a positive opinion with some suggestions that many others felt warranted...

I sure hope you or others NEVER do what your mentioning with the mag, and I don't know you from Adam, but if you are a shop owner or worker and "could care less" (by the way the proper phrasing would be couldn't care less) about getting national magazine recognition that would be great for marketing your shop to potential customers then I just don't get it and don't think you ever will...

But I think we have derailed this thread enough for now so I'll shut up and get back to work allowing room for the paid entrants to post whatever they want here...

the money belongs to every person that has sent a check in until they get eliminated from the top 16...

Fixed it for ya!! :D

Like I said above, ealier today, I Was just relaying a message from Jeff / Gary...

I don't care!

You guys can bug them when you get down there....

Yea, I dont think a rule change on who votes when will be too big of a deal. A few more important rules than that were changed after my money was sent in. I say everybody that is entered votes before the race.

:poke: Look what I found on the first page.
Few more details:

If this race gets rained out, it WILL be rescheduled...No money will be lost!!!

If for some reason that we can Not get ALL 100 SPOTS Filled for this race, IT WILL BE A WINNER TAKE ALL PURSE!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens to be $35,000, Well then Thats what the winner takes to the House!!!!!!!!!

I think that about covers it.... If I forgot something or didn't make something clear, Please post up and we'll see if we can get it handled!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

im not a participant at this race so my input doesnt count, but as a spectator, i think the winner take all would be cooler to watch, knowing that guy arent settling or taking it easy because they know they are leaving with something.

Gary, we are coming to race regardless. But just to be clear, are you saying it is winner take all?

Introducing:

THE SUPER STOCK DIESEL QUICK 16 !!!

Date to be announced but already honed in on Mid/Late FEB. or Early MARCH...

Jeff is calling this a "Customer Appreciation Diesel Race" for diesel Enthusist only....Absolutely NO BS will be tolerated at this race... None of the crap that happened at TS a year ago or Scheid this year.....

We want some fans in the stands but thats not Jeff's main priority here guys... This is about Head to Head All out diesel racing and BIG money to Show APPRECIATION for being involved and helping grow the sport!!!

Vendors that want to set up will only have ONE requirement... You MUST sponsor / Enter a truck for the race....Doesn't matter who it is.. Long as they are running your products and you want it showcased... Enter that truck and bring any Vendor setup you want!! All you big dogs, This is your time to Show that Appreciation for these folks purchasing your products!!

Okay folks... Jeff Garmon (Jeff2) with the help Gary Ray ( Wrongway ) bring you the winter race to be at!!!!!!

Pre Registration ONLY!!!!
$500 Entry Fee ( Jeff, Gary, and I have raised $12,000 ALREADY TODAY...the first day)

Contact Jeff Garmon, Gary Ray or myself to get your entry fee in...Better Hurry!!!

ONLY 100 truck limit to try to make the Top 16!!!

This is how it goes!! :

-Min. Weight = 6000+ lbs
-FUEL ONLY!!! No injectables of ANY kind - No Nitrous, Water, or CO2 for cooling intercoolers!!!
-D.O.T. tires ONLY ( drag radials, Cheater slicks, or street tires ONLY)
-66mm ( 2.6 charger rules ) ONLY!!! If you want to Bush it down, thats fine...Same rules as 2.6 sled rules!!

Scheid Diesel Sled pull 2.6 rules and that the same tech guy that tech'd the Scheid sled pull will be there to tech this race

Not sure about T&T yet but once this gets under way, this is how it will go:

All 100 trucks will have 3 qualifying passes to get into the top 16....

Then it will be just like Pinks All Out.... They will be eleminated down to the #1 Quickest truck of the day!!!

PAYOUTS:

IF ALL 100 SPOTS ARE FILLED, THIS IS HOW IS GOES!!

First Place = $25,000
Second Place = $10,000

3rd Thru 16th places will ALL get $1071.00 ....That's Twice the buy in for this race!!!

Entry Fees:

Mail Checks / Money Orders to:

Garmon's Diesel Performance
1222 High Falls Rd.
Griffin, GA 30223

Or call Jeff at 404-557-4972 to give him your Credit Card so he can run it right then! Those that know Gary Ray, I beleive he is taking them too. I can as well but would rather you give it to Jeff or Gary. I'm lible to skip town with it.....LOL

Race Vouchers will be mailed to Every competitor when payment is Received:

Few more details:

If this race gets rained out, it WILL be rescheduled...No money will be lost!!!

If for some reason that we can Not get ALL 100 SPOTS Filled for this race, IT WILL BE A WINNER TAKE ALL PURSE!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens to be $35,000, Well then Thats what the winner takes to the House!!!!!!!!!

I think that about covers it.... If I forgot something or didn't make something clear, Please post up and we'll see if we can get it handled!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drive::tree:
Keep it as it is.

With the addition of Marco / Bob's $10,000, They will have some say so on which way Their money is distributed!

Start Sucking up now!!!!! LOL

Jeff is Flying Marco in locally here and Marco's riding down in the Garmon's Diesel Prevost Bus... That's a LONG time for Jeff to bend his ear!!! lol

I have no dog in this fight, merely a spectator diesel racing. I say leave it winner takes all like it was origanally started. If the winner decides to split it up as a showing of sportsmanship then so be it. They all signed up under a set of rules, so leave them in effect and leave it up to the purse winner to decide if they want to split it up.