5th Annual Gator Diesel Drags - Presented by Elite Diesel

We had an awesome time. Cant wait til the next event. Thanks to everyone that helped us.

NHRDA... another race... another joke

Less than 1/2 hour before the race was cancelled we were told that the rain should be gone within the hour... I'm not sure if it was Gainesville raceway or NHRDA who pulled the plug on the race but it was pretty crappy... They let us all sit there until the rain basically stops and then say that its going to take too long to dry the track (or should I say let all of us stay until all the racers pay there NHRDA membership fees / tech cards and all the specators pay there admission fees, etc...) :kick:--- I don't remember the exact time but it was somewhere around 3pm... if its too late at 3 pm... I think it was too late at 1pm when the original drivers meeting was called. Oh and a "no refund" policy just keep your stubs until next year and we'll give you 10 points... REALLY??? Still don't believe that it would have taken 4 hours to dry the track... I would expect Gainesville to have better equipment than that. To top that off "no rain date"... so I guess NHRDA is going to have 1 Division 4 race this year... WOW!

Anyway... thanks to SGMP (who was able to dry there track - within 2 hours) who after finishing there scheduled havoc race let us test-n-tune the day was not a complete and total waste...

Hats off to SGMP for that one... I agree on the BS flag for calling for Rain, notice how it dried up as we're all leaving?

thanks for the help with efi this weekend ryan, good to meet you. as me and chris were rolling out of town the roads were drying up and we just laughed. not much else we could do i guess.

james

thanks for the help with efi this weekend ryan, good to meet you. as me and chris were rolling out of town the roads were drying up and we just laughed. not much else we could do i guess.

james

Anytime! When he gets the pump situation figured out let me know and I'll turn it up for you guys.

Hats off to SGMP for that one... I agree on the BS flag for calling for Rain, notice how it dried up as we're all leaving?

I did. Thought it was kinda strange that it starts to clear out just as its called off but still had a great time @ SGMP its nice to know that a track like that is only 30min from my driveway. Been there many times but never knew that they would invite the diesel crowd into an already planned event like they did and let the guys run. Hats off to them.

NHRDA... another race... another joke

Less than 1/2 hour before the race was cancelled we were told that the rain should be gone within the hour... I'm not sure if it was Gainesville raceway or NHRDA who pulled the plug on the race but it was pretty crappy... They let us all sit there until the rain basically stops and then say that its going to take too long to dry the track (or should I say let all of us stay until all the racers pay there NHRDA membership fees / tech cards and all the specators pay there admission fees, etc...) :kick:--- I don't remember the exact time but it was somewhere around 3pm... if its too late at 3 pm... I think it was too late at 1pm when the original drivers meeting was called. Oh and a "no refund" policy just keep your stubs until next year and we'll give you 10 points... REALLY??? Still don't believe that it would have taken 4 hours to dry the track... I would expect Gainesville to have better equipment than that. To top that off "no rain date"... so I guess NHRDA is going to have 1 Division 4 race this year... WOW!

Anyway... thanks to SGMP (who was able to dry there track - within 2 hours) who after finishing there scheduled havoc race let us test-n-tune the day was not a complete and total waste...

Wow it is funny how fast you can be thrown under the bus , but that is why i am the president I guess? as I have big shoulders and can take the beating for what is supposedly a bad call.

So if you want to know how it went down here is the whole story. As i am sure many of you also were watching the radar it looked like it was going to clear up after the first bout of rain but then that big cell turned at the last minute and had a huge tail on it. Secondly by the time we made the decision there was over a 1/2 inch of rain on the track and the track manager also let me know that even if we got it dried up that the big end had several places that water would weep up through since we had absolutely no heat in the track so I called the race for safety reasons and not being able to assure the top end would be safe for competitors. Also just so you know as we were getting banners down and trailer loaded up it started pouring rain again about 5pm and was still raining when we left.

The biggest problem is we did not rent the track and with that Gainesville calls the shots but next year that will change and we will rent the track for Saturday event with Sunday as our rain date. Remember also you are not the only ones that lost , we had radio , tv and print ads not to mention staff flights and lodging or getting the semi truck out here from Phoenix so believe me i didnt want to call the race.

This event has done nothing but grow over the past couple of years and we are confident it will become one of the biggest on the East coast for both competitor and spectators and again sorry mother nature had different plans but that wont stop us and we will continue to promote diesel motorsports in a posiitve manner in the future.

Randy Cole

Why does nhrda need a semi...?

It pulls the race trailer, which houses everything. Shirts, contingency stickers, calendars, trophies, computers, printers, and the women who work their @ssses off at every race to get racers signed up and ready to race in the most professional and timely manner. It is a great set-up that they have and it really has set the bar for what Randy has led the NHRDA to become.

For those of you complaining about getting rained out, it's happened to all of us and racing is racing. Try going to Kansas for world finals and getting rained out and not being able to race the next day, but we're back for another season because we love the sport and we love the organization. The NHRDA and Randy have NOTHING but racers safety in mind, so please don't sit there and try to say that he only wanted your money. He easily could of said OK let's race and then when someone slammed into the wall, guess what? You'd be pissed off that he didn't call it. Y'all live in Florida... You think you'd be used to weather screwing everything up.

Another use of the semi - hauling some of the vendor booths from race to race. LOL, I just need to catch up to that dang semi with our new booth sometime soon!

A full blown rig for t shirts and sign up sheets?

Have you ever been to a race? They do everything by computer and internet. The race trailer allows that.

Heck, we just have a lowly 6.0 race truck, guess it doesn't need the enclosed trailer by your reasoning. :what:

Have you ever been to a race? They do everything by computer and internet. The race trailer allows that.

Heck, we just have a lowly 6.0 race truck, guess it doesn't need the enclosed trailer by your reasoning. :what:

Laptops and wi-fi work great... and I don't think he would disagree with bringing a trailer along with a 6.0

Wow how sad it is that some how a marketing and logistics tool is some sort of issue for an organization that is trying to expand our sport and offer us a platform to race under....

I guess when you guys start a business or organization you only purchase the bare minimum building or tools for the start-up? It only makes good business sense to try and give your self room to grow. That's not taking into consideration the marketability of being committed and professional that it represents to sponsors and future sponsors that make our sport possible.

Wow how sad it is that some how a marketing and logistics tool is some sort of issue for an organization that is trying to expand our sport and offer us a platform to race under....

I guess when you guys start a business or organization you only purchase the bare minimum building or tools for the start-up? It only makes good business sense to try and give your self room to grow. That's not taking into consideration the marketability of being committed and professional that it represents to sponsors and future sponsors that make our sport possible.

:thankyou2:

Laptops and wi-fi work great... and I don't think he would disagree with bringing a trailer along with a 6.0

its my trailer and my 6.0. i think everyone here would agree that its a good idea to trailer a 1200hp race truck across the country. Randy and the nhrda is one of the best things that ever happened to diesels. Get over yourself

Back