6.7 silencer ring

Z_man

has anyone tried to remove the silencer ring out of their stock 6.7 turbo?

I'm probably gonna get raped for this but yes I have taken one out. There are three little dowell pin like things on the outside of the compressor lip that you have to knock out then pry like no tomorrow until it pops out. It a very violent process, however after adding a billet wheel that was one loud turbo.

As I recall, the piece that the 3 pins holds in is actually a needed part. The ring needs to be machined out and the pinned bit left in.

Does a deleted silencer ring improve performance??

THIS

IS

COMPD!!

Delete thread. Ban user.

As I recall, the piece that the 3 pins holds in is actually a needed part. The ring needs to be machined out and the pinned bit left in.

correct, if you remove the entire piece, you expose part of the minor diameter of the compressor wheel...

might as well drill speed holes in your intercooler piping while you're at it.

correct, if you remove the entire piece, you expose part of the minor diameter of the compressor wheel...

Explain more on these speed holes. Sounds like a lot of hp is to be gained.

Lol

X2

Great question Gary LOL

Still running that pulling truck?

Last edited:
Building a motor for it right now Taylor! Got pieces scattered across the us!

don't remove it!!! drill 1/2" holes in your compressor wheel, every other blade six holes. Thats where the real gain is!!

this is a joke, only do this if ur an idiot.

Last edited:
I tig welded 2 cop whistles on opposite sides of my compressor wheel.
Talk about loud!

just remove the turbo altogether, eliminates the need for a smoke switch.... ROLL SOME COAL WHOOOOOOOOOOO SMOKE SWITCH YEAAAA DO A BURNOUT YEAAA WHOOOOO I DONT HAVE SLEEVES... sorry, PTSD flashback from scheids