6.7 silencer ring

So not doing that for sound....does an after market intake and filter make the turbo more previlent in these trucks?

Save money and just take the baffle out of the stock tube.. Won't get much louder apparently..

Out of curiosity I just took the ring out of the extra 351VE that I have on the shelf and swapped that housing on to the 351VE that is on my 12 valve. No noticeable difference in power one way or the other, but it is a bit excessive in the noise department. I will probably swap my "silenced" housing back on and replace the ring in the other housing tomorrow.

I pulled this crazy lookin' SOB out last night. Turbo is definetly more noticable but still not over the top. I like it better with it out. :D

IMG_6040.jpg

I pulled this crazy lookin' SOB out last night. Turbo is definetly more noticable but still not over the top. I like it better with it out. :D

IMG_6040.jpg

One of our work trucks may or may not be missing that... Lol

So not doing that for sound....does an after market intake and filter make the turbo more previlent in these trucks?

Put a whole AEM on her 6.7. It's pretty much the same as an AFE stage II and on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being stock it took it to a 2. I always wanted to take the scilencer ring out just out of curiosity but was afraid that if it was annoying it would be too much of a PITA to return to stock so I just left it alone.

Last edited:
I don't have a 6.7l but I did take my silencer ring out on my he351ve just to see. It had more intake noise (sounded like a lot of rushing air). I'm putting my truck on a dyno in the new year and I'll do a back to back run, removed vs installed. Just for chits and giggles

I don't want to be labeled as a "silencer ring MIA douchbag" but if it sounded cool I'd do it and not tell anyone.

:hehe: