6.7 silencer ring

Ive seen a grand total of 3 black people here in mass. I won't get to hear that kind of talk for a while.

My silencer ring is no longer on my 2011. And to be honest, Im pretty dang happy with it!

Good for you!!!

I know!

Its quite satisfying actually. Horsepressures are up. The sound is kicka$$, and panties drop at the mere sight of it!

Who wouldnt want to do it!

So how exactly did you go about removing it?

Like this....

e585b2ee.jpg

Sorry for the bait and switch fellas. Just poking a lil fun....

I figured if Im gonna remove the silencer ring, Id do it with the VGT connected to it.

:D

Ah!! I see what you did there!

lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvej3gTXAzE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvej3gTXAzE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
Why is it that everyone with a "silencer ring" wants to remove it for more power yet the turbo manufactuers sell "race covers" at a premium due to the fact that air flow is improved? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Consumer gullibility. Its the same human factor that makes "cold air" "performance" intakes sell so well despite the fact 99% of buyers will get no actual benefit over the stock filter system (especially those with the 6.0L and 6.4L powerstrokes).

There is no drawback to removing the silencer ring except noise. There is absolutely no power gain or loss.
Cummins offers all their turbos (that have a MWE slot) with or without it. Its a customer specification, nothing more.

Attachments

• Holset MWE slot noise.jpg
    Holset MWE slot noise.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
Consumer gullibility. Its the same human factor that makes "cold air" "performance" intakes sell so well despite the fact 99% of buyers will get no actual benefit over the stock filter system (especially those with the 6.0L and 6.4L powerstrokes).

its really easy to pull in the filter minder on a tuned 6.4

I won't lie. If I knew how, and it was easy. I'd pull the silencer ring out of my 12 also.

I just added another turbo with no silencer ring, ended up working out pretty good.

My exhaust isn't as load anymore though.

Compounds make it nice and quiet!! I like it!

Turbo sing is good, loud raspy exhaust isn't IMHO.

I won't lie. If I knew how, and it was easy. I'd pull the silencer ring out of my 12 also.

Ya, I won't lie either. Now that I have a 6.7L truck.....where's the effin pictures and instructions for this? Is it replaceable if the outcome is not desireable? Don't make me to go to cummins forum to learn anything please. :D

It can be done, but requires drilling out some rivets to do so. I know there is a small write up with pics showing what needs to be done, if you would so want to, write up is on another site.

Ya, I won't lie either. Now that I have a 6.7L truck.....where's the effin pictures and instructions for this? Is it replaceable if the outcome is not desireable? Don't make me to go to cummins forum to learn anything please. :D

Pull the compressor housing off of the charger and drill the pins out on the work bench. So much easier than working over the fender.

I probably won't do it. Just curious. From what I read, it is a little more integral to the turbo than the old rings were. No one can seem to post up back to back dyno runs with proof apparently. :D

No one can seem to post up back to back dyno runs with proof apparently. :D

Because, as has been said several times, there is no measurable difference in power either way.

Its "more integral" because a few rivets drilled and hammered into the housing is cheaper than machining a snap-ring groove.

So not doing that for sound....does an after market intake and filter make the turbo more previlent in these trucks?