72 C10 Duramax Swap

I wondered about the Seats myself, most of those trucks can't handle a new Comfy seat like that very well. Can't wait to see this in person.

I figured if these seats don't work out, I've got a complete set of 07 king ranch heated seats. But I think these look much better in this truck.

Nice build! I am not a fan of body swaps, simply because most people can't do it right. Looks like you have everything lined up properly!

Heater box no fit... fuel filters gotta go
20140104_153935_zps6c153aee.jpg

Thought Id revisit this. As soon as vintage air gets back to me on a price for their gen 4 kit for 67-72 chevy trucks less a compressor, Im going to order it.

Originally I planned on using the 01 dash and heater, but there simply isn't room to make it all work. Now the plan is to use the 72 dash, 01 column and cluster. I thought about trying to make the 72 heater and ac stuff work, but lets face it, this stuff is over 40 years old and its all shot. On top of that its big and bulky, plus most of the plastic has pieces broken. Ive had older trucks like this, and the heater and ac systems suck. I want this truck to be a daily driver not some show truck that only goes out on sunny days. The vintage air kit is nice because it has nothing but a few fittings on the motor side of the firewall.

Nice work in such short time. Looks like a real nice project. The steps will definitely help cover the frame. Does it move under its own power?

No its not running quite yet.

I'm waiting on a new intercooler and piping, the vintage air kit to get here, longer power steering lines, need to get the rear driveshaft shortened.

Also the bed isn't bolted down yet.

I just pulled it outside to get it repositioned so I could get it up on the lift.

Looking great, and I agree with the side step too... but be careful there, it doesn't need to be blingy... may want to look into custom building one that will go wheel well to wheel well and give you easier access to the front part of the bed as well.

Made a 4-5in exhaust out of exhaust pieces I had laying around. Just had to buy a coupler and a 4-5in adapter and some band clamps. Finished it off with a 6in dual wall stainless tip. Sorry, no stacks:ack:

20140121_1737081_zps010c3e0c.jpg

Got the driveshaft back from Midway truck parts. Shortened 16in and new spicer joints.
20140121_1810561_zpsb2880206.jpg

And this stuff arrived today too.
20140121_1813231_zps01ad420a.jpg

20140121_1814111_zps8be2b397.jpg

Picked up a built trans today (suncoast gmax5 and a 1056 converter), and all the rest of the parts I need to finish up. Has a good intake, 40 over lbz cp3, intercooler, transcooler, and lots of other lil misc piece that I will need that would probably nickel and dime me to death.

This was my buddies truck, his woman rolled it last Friday night. He found out yesterday that insurance totaled it ( no surprise there). He already found a new truck and needed some more cash. I was happy to buy it from him.

20140122_1256081_zps43e85b1d.jpg

20140122_1256191_zps83647df8.jpg

Considering I basically gave him what the trans cost for the whole truck... Im pretty happy bout it. Unlike the last parts truck tho, I doubt I will find a big stack of money in this one.

If you want to sell the engine and other drivetrain stuff let me know... I'd like to swap a Duramax into my Tahoe.