8.3L Cummins Transplant

Ah ha. I need to do some more reading. I probably have most of this crap on the truck now and don't know it, but I want to replace all the questionable crap as I go.

Ah ha. I need to do some more reading. I probably have most of this crap on the truck now and don't know it, but I want to replace all the questionable crap as I go.

You do not need the compressor and that stuff to run it on a stand. Might be a good idea to wait on hearing it run before you buy a compressor.

I'll work fast. :)

Last edited:
You do not need the compressor and that stuff to run it on a stand. Might be a good idea to wait on hearing it run before you buy a compressor.

I'll work fast. :)

Ya, I planned on putting the block off plate back on to run it on the stand. I'm sure that single slug air pusher is nice and quiet. No rush, Amigo. I don't spend enough to be a priority. ;)

The wife spent all day both days this weekend in the shop with me cleaning and sorting out junk. God Bless that woman. Soon I'll have enough room to pull the truck in and start torching off all the old schidt. :rockwoot:

Governor for sure like was said. Controls your cut in and cut out pressures. There's a spot or two to mount it directly to the compressor head or you can mount it remotely.

The opening on the side of the compressor showing in the picture is for the air intake adaptor not the governor.

Ya, I'm gonna have to find some diagrams that explain it all to me. I'm quite certain I'm gonna jerk it all out of there and not have a clue how it goes back together. LOL The good thing is, this new setup will be so much simpler and cleaner than the compressor bolted on a huge bracket being driven with belts that's on it now.

I'll cross that road when I get to it.

Flagged as what....over-priced? I figured someone would call me and start jewin' me. Better to start high.

Now...if someone on this forum wants it for something, that is a different story. I'm glad to pass the help along that I have received.....but your harassment will cost you double.

Flagged as what....over-priced? I figured someone would call me and start jewin' me. Better to start high.

Now...if someone on this forum wants it for something, that is a different story. I'm glad to pass the help along that I have received.....but your harassment will cost you double.

Haha, do you need a reason to flag an ad on craigslist? LOL

Haha, do you need a reason to flag an ad on craigslist? LOL

No, but I can certainly make a new listing for manly services and put your cell phone number in it. :hehe:

Edit: Thanks for confirming the number is still valid just now. LOL

Last edited:
No, but I can certainly make a new listing for manly services and put your cell phone number in it. :hehe:

Edit: Thanks for confirming the number is still valid just now. LOL

Haha, no problem, start high though, incase someone wants to negotiate a lower price.

just read this, awsomt thread looks like you made some damn good progress. cant wait to her done, great job so far

just read this, awsomt thread looks like you made some damn good progress. cant wait to her done, great job so far

Progress? Hell, I feel like I ain't don't anything. LOL I'm NOT a motor guy so I have to learn it all along the way. Thank God for good friends and Comp D.

Anyone got a used Cummins #3910787, oil tube for front sump pan? I have a middle sump pan and pickup tube and bracket I'd be willing to trade for it. I developed heart murmur when I saw the price on the new tube.

Anyone got a used Cummins #3910787, oil tube for front sump pan? I have a middle sump pan and pickup tube and bracket I'd be willing to trade for it. I developed heart murmur when I saw the price on the new tube.

Is it the same tube that's used on an ind 5.9 front sump, if it is then yes I have one that I don't need.

Compressor is a match. Ye ye.

efe458aa32873fa3466ac2c5316a4f22.jpg

From dumb phone.

Back