8.3L Cummins Transplant

First off....that is a 720 loader...and second, that pic must be deceiving 'cause the hood is junk. Look how it meets the cowl on the dash. Whoever had it before me was NOT a body man. $.02

Guys... Let's not do this. Let's get back on topic here.

Yeah there's some derail going on here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Did you still need a starter Jory? And have you gotten any pictures of the intake horn and how the air compressor piping connects?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Did you still need a starter Jory? And have you gotten any pictures of the intake horn and how the air compressor piping connects?

Chris said he thinks he has a starter so I'm just waiting to hear back.

I don't think I'll plumb the compressor inlet to the intake horn. I think I'll just put a filter on the inlet and try to grab air from a cool place out of the dust. No sense in robbing boost from this speed daemon.

I guess I'll need a starter. This one is definitely not going to work. My neighbor and I turned a spacer on the lathe this weekend to correct the pilot hole problem, but there is a bigger issue. When the starter is mounted, it is already engaged in the fly wheel. The nose on this starter is too long. It can't retract out of gear far enough.

Probably just need a spacer for the starter, I may have a few here.

Will

924da2af9f2909d935219608cf1de1f0.jpg

0b565166661f18f0ea85dec580fbe784.jpg

Sent from my flashscan v2

Dis^^

A lot of the older M11 engines needed the spacers. Not much experience with the 8.3 starter stuff in an automotive app.

So that ONLYL spaces the starter out, correct? It doesn't adapt the smaller pilot starter to the larger pilot housing does it? I "might" be able to use my turned adapter ring with the spacer. Do you think it will work? How much for me to try it?

I got the head back on last night and set my first set of valve lash ever. Amazing how simple it all really is. Hope fully I can get this SOB running in the next week or so. I need to find an OVF for the IP and a few other little things.

Last edited:
So that ONLYL spaces the starter out, correct? It doesn't adapt the smaller pilot starter to the larger pilot housing does it? I "might" be able to use my turned adapter ring with the spacer. Do you think it will work? How much for me to try it?

I got the head back on last night and set my first set of valve lash ever. Amazing how simple it all really is. Hope fully I can get this SOB running in the next week or so. I need to find an OVF for the IP and a few other little things.

Some space and pilot the starter and some are spacers only. The one Will is holding in the picture looks to space and pilot the starter.

The head is on the engine I take it?

I was always to nervous to try to set the valve lash on my pick ups. Then I had to learn myself setting the valve lash and injector torque on my 855. The first time I did it I think I checked it all about 3 times before I started it. Having 18 bent push rods is not what I was looking forward to.

I forgot about the over flow valve. I'll get one out to you.

The head is on the engine I take it?

I was always to nervous to try to set the valve lash on my pick ups. Then I had to learn myself setting the valve lash and injector torque on my 855. The first time I did it I think I checked it all about 3 times before I started it. Having 18 bent push rods is not what I was looking forward to.

Head is ON!!! I just need to clean up the valve cover and get new seals in it and button it up. I've moved on to getting the fuels system plumbed back. I'm also waiting on a some injector bore brushes before I go back with all the sticks and lines.

I forgot about the over flow valve. I'll get one out to you.

Groovy. Thank you sir. Let me know when it will be here so I can wait at 2400 N Broadway. :hehe: :stab:

I'll send it via USPS.

Whatever is fine, Amigo. At least USPS comes to the mailbox everyday and doesn't get lost in the country. LOL You got my card. Just charge it up.....or however you want to run your business. LOL

I need to get this stupid injector return line fixed while I wait on a spacer and a OFV.

So I twisted the banjo end off the line at the fuel filter housing. For the life of me I can't find how to size banjos online. Google has failed me or I'm just too tire. Not sure which.

OD 14mm[.552"]
ID 8.17mm[.3215]
Barb OD 4mm[.16"]

Not sure I can even get a new fitting barb to slide up in the tube but I need some way to fix it. I can't even find a fitting to try to fix it. I really don't want to buy a new complete return line assy if I don't have to.

Any suggestions or at least a website that shows how to size banjo fitting and where to order?

Any way to use a compression fitting to repair the line? I've used them to fix the return out of the pump.