8.3L Cummins Transplant

Took me three days.....but something caught my eye on the way to feed the pigs this am. #happydance I showed it to her and she won't look at me. Lol.

7bea5f148dc21b8a65d9d856c3722f61.jpg

From dumb phone.

Fire in the hole this weekend?

Sorry to disappoint you, Jeff. I tried like hell. Got a few odd's-n-ends and I'll be ready to bleed the air and make soot. One battery won't turn the big sob but about once so I need to get the match to it that I am using in the stock trailer currently and go dual.

Main thing is the banjo for the inj return line repair. Once it gets here it shouldn't be long. The b1tch took 5 gallons of oil to be full but at least it hasn't leaked a drop yet so that's a plus. LOL

Launch Control Panel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

God dang freakin' auto-rotating picture bull crap. It is fine in the preview. :bang

Sorry to disappoint you, Jeff. I tried like hell. Got a few odd's-n-ends and I'll be ready to bleed the air and make soot. One battery won't turn the big sob but about once so I need to get the match to it that I am using in the stock trailer currently and go dual.

Why not just use jumpers off your pickup...

Effin ignorant sales people.

Chat Transcript
07:04:39 AM [Daniel] Hello, my name is Daniel. I would be happy to assist you today! How may I help you?

07:05:01 AM [Jory] What type of hose does NAPA offer that is 7/8 I.D. and rated for high temp and oil resistant?

07:05:14 AM [Daniel] The web site does not have a search ability to search tools or parts by brand or part name, specifications or size. I am only able to find items by listed vehicle or application.

07:05:15 AM [Daniel] Can I please have the year, make, model and engine size of your vehicle?

07:05:23 AM [Daniel] What hose are you needing for the vehicle ?
07:05:33 AM [Daniel] I can see what is listed online for the application.

07:06:12 AM [Jory] I need a short piece of hose to connect an oil return on an HX-40 turbo to the pan on a 8.3L cummins out of an irrigation pump. Make/Model ain't gonna work.

07:06:31 AM [Daniel] I'm sorry, I'm only able to look up OEM replacement automotive parts by the year, make, & model, or by cross referencing part numbers. The web site does not have a search ability to search tools or parts by specifications. Your local store would be your best resource to help you resolve that question and help you to find the tool or part you are looking for. The local NAPA part stores have more resources to find the parts including the paper catalogs. May I have your zip code so I can help you find the nearest location?

07:06:50 AM [Jory] Is there anyone that can determine parts with knowledge and not clicking buttons? Jesus.
07:07:06 AM [Jory] Never mind. I'll call Vatozone.

07:07:10 AM [Daniel] Thanks for contacting NAPA Online. Please feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance. You can email a transcript of the chat after the chat concludes during the survey. Also, if you haven't signed up yet, you should join our NAPA email list so we can give you the latest news, tips, special offers & discounts. Click here to join.

I just lack some 7/8" hose, some 3/16" hose, and some 5/16" hose and between NAPA, O'Reiliey's, Advance, Autozone, and JohnDeere.....ain't no one in this dayum town got schidt. It's beginnin' to really pi55 me off.

Some tried to sell me vacuum hose, some tried to sell me fuel "vapor" hose....ass ignorant mofo's.

I just lack some 7/8" hose, some 3/16" hose, and some 5/16" hose and between NAPA, O'Reiliey's, Advance, Autozone, and JohnDeere.....ain't no one in this dayum town got schidt. It's beginnin' to really pi55 me off.

Some tried to sell me vacuum hose, some tried to sell me fuel "vapor" hose....ass ignorant mofo's.

That's why I like my local Napa, the owners are who work there, and they actually work on their own stuff! I get antique tractor parts there and oddball stuff for the truck. Last one was I needed to re-route my heater core line to clear a new manifold, stopped told them what I was doing, said they knew exactly what I needed, because he did the same thing to his truck!

These pukes are like "well, I guess if there isn't any over there on the spool, we are out." No schidt schirlock. :bang

They don't offer to say anything like "let me see if I can get some from another store" or "I can order a roll and call when it comes in" or anything.

Gates doesn't have any 7/8 other than coolant hose.
3/4 is 27418
5/16 is 28657
3/16 is 27001 but it is the fuel return/pcv stuff. It is oil rated 50psi working burst should be around 150-200.

looking up parts

Gates doesn't have any 7/8 other than coolant hose.
3/4 is 27418
5/16 is 28657
3/16 is 27001 but it is the fuel return/pcv stuff. It is oil rated 50psi working burst should be around 150-200.

looking up parts

I called NAPA. They will have me some Gates 27001 and 27003 this afternoon.

I got another guy who was actually helpful.

I was on SourceAutomotives site and found the 7/8 return hose with clamps for $17. Shipping was $21 for ground so I basically closed that schidt. Not paying $38 and waiting a week for 6" of hose. (insert "what she said joke" here)

Last edited:
How much pressure would a hose see that is used to splice the injector return line manifold back together?

Shouldn't be to much. The fuel injection stuff would work if you wanted to feel safer. It holds oil fine as well. That's what I used as my feed line for my bypass for the first year.

looking up parts

How much pressure would a hose see that is used to splice the injector return line manifold back together?

On our trucks its minimal, but I'd imagine if it's plugged off it would reach whatever your lift pump pressure reaches if they're tied in to each other.

Also, I just use the hydraulic shop for any hose needs. I rarely use parts stores for anything anymore.

Oil drain turned out well. Got a gauge to check the oil pump installed. Compressor boots and clamps ordered.

58079c748f0c26e1dd5c09c7c38aa7a7.jpg

From dumb phone.