8.3L Cummins Transplant

Book face indicates Jory learnt a little somethin and successfully got this thing goin! congrats man now onto the more frustrating chit like adapters, mounts, and such. LOL

Got the text last night. Sounded pretty good on my flip phone. LOL

Sounded real good in the book face video

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

It's a torquy mofo I can tell you that. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hs4f89iXKc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hs4f89iXKc[/ame]

I got scared of dropping it and added some steel.

attachment.php

Edit: These self rotating pictures are really starting to piss me off.

Attachments

• IMG_6786[1].jpg
    IMG_6786[1].jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
212 Days since this thread started. I've learned a schidt ton and couldn't be more happy with it. Now, like Zach said, off to pull the old crap out of the truck and begin to modify freakin' everything. :D

I'll probably pause and do our taxes first. We normally have them done by Feb 1....but I've been a little distracted.

I can tell you it sounds much different on my PC sound system than it did on my Flintstones phone. My wife was like " what the..." LOL

I can tell you it sounds much different on my PC sound system than it did on my Flintstones phone. My wife was like " what the..." LOL

I'm assuming you just said, "Jory," and she was like....that figures. LOL

I knew you still had a dino powered phone...I got your reply to Jory's text as a single message...like texting my dad...

Chris

Jory, Without going back through it. What's this going in and did you post a pic of it?

David,

Replacing an 8.2L Detroit in a 1989 GMC 7000. The current motor waters the grass out the tailpipe and makes ticking noises. Swapping to this 8.3L Cummins and hopefully replacing the Eaton 5005A 5-speed with a 5106A 6-speed. Plans are to make a flat bed swappable with the dump bed with a gooseneck hole in it with a winch, rolling tailboard, headache rack, yada yada yada. The goal right now it to just get it on the road so I can haul some rock for me and the neighbor. Then I'll worry about the flatbed build later.

attachment.php

I can't wait to have a flatbed to use around the farm to carry the welder, fuel tank, haul hay, etc etc. It will sure be nice. Just doesn't have A/C.

Attachments

• moto_0499.jpg
    moto_0499.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Bahaha I choked on my sammich.

When I get this sex machine done, you can choke on more than just a sammich if you want. LOL

Any by-God it will crank now!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6788.jpg
    IMG_6788.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
David,

Replacing an 8.2L Detroit in a 1989 GMC 7000. The current motor waters the grass out the tailpipe and makes ticking noises. Swapping to this 8.3L Cummins and hopefully replacing the Eaton 5005A 5-speed with a 5106A 6-speed. Plans are to make a flat bed swappable with the dump bed with a gooseneck hole in it with a winch, rolling tailboard, headache rack, yada yada yada. The goal right now it to just get it on the road so I can haul some rock for me and the neighbor. Then I'll worry about the flatbed build later.

attachment.php

Just doesn't have A/C.

Nice looking truck, I've got an 8.3 in my F-800 with an Allision, going to pull the 5th wheel and put a dump bed on it.

As for the AC that's what the wing windows are for when going down the road and a little electric fan for when your stopped.

Look at that nice shinny piping, boots and clamps! All that and it looks like Jeff forgot to throw in a couple cans of paint!

Looks and sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk