8.3L Cummins Transplant

Not sure. I think these lines are those that are shrunk down on the fittings and are evermore done. Not sure if I can heat it up and swap out the end or not. Never messed with one yet. I haven't tried anything yet since I can't even find where to buy fittings. I'd like to save the other end of the line with the other size fitting on it but not sure how to convert it to get a splice in it.

You can find banjo bolts and fittings with barbs. Put a barb banjo and banjo bolt on, put a compression fitting on the other end with a barb and a piece of hose in between. Not sure how much 8.3 return lines are going for so it may not be cost effective in the end but it would work if the return isn't a complete oddball size on the OD.

what is the size of the bolt in the banjo? i got my last couple off ebay for setting up my return on a p-pump.

Fire in the hole this weekend?

Once I get a starter adapter, an OFV, and a return line figured out......getting close.

I have a few switches mounted and some wires ran to the fuel solenoid that I need to terminate and get some fuel lines plumbed from a bucket to the pump.

I still need to get the valve cover on and get the intake air plumbed to the AFC and wastegate too....not that they might matter on a bench run.

So...I buckled down last night with a bottle of Devil's Cut and got some crap done. Fuel system is in except the return. Sticks, lines, OFV, etc are done. Intake cover is done. Valve cover is done. Yada yada yada.

So, I started thinking that it would work a lot better if I re-clock the turbo and spin it around so I took it all apart since I was there. Got water? :hehe: Everytime I got deeper than I really want to I'm so glad I did.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cleaned up nicely though and spins amazingly free with no contact and a decently tight bearing for something that has set outside full of water. I ran some clean oil through it as well.

attachment.php

Now I need to find me a 3" U-pipe and a couple clamps. That's my next google search.

attachment.php

I cut the return line at the #6 hole. I think if I can find a banjo fitting with a tube on it, I can just clamp it over the last tee. I'll work on finding that as well today.

attachment.php

I also need to modify the oil drain a bit. I have two to choose from. I chose to use the ag ext manifold. The normal one has a cracked divider at the flange. Kinda scared to use it.

Of too Google to drop another hunnerd bucks.... LOL

Attachments

• IMG_6714.jpg
    IMG_6714.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6715.jpg
    IMG_6715.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6716.jpg
    IMG_6716.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6717.jpg
    IMG_6717.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6712.jpg
    IMG_6712.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
So I'm guessing a guy should probably use a metal sweep and two short couplers on the turbo outlet?

Jory my guys are sending me some pics of the return lines they have but they think they are wrong. I will keep you posted. If you need boots, clamps, or bends I would honestly take a look at summit. Their shipping is stupid fast.

Jory my guys are sending me some pics of the return lines they have but they think they are wrong. I will keep you posted. If you need boots, clamps, or bends I would honestly take a look at summit. Their shipping is stupid fast.

Thanks. I'm on frozenboost.com now. They have decent prices and Duck recommends them. :D

Why don't you point the turbo at the manifold and just couple them together? Looks like you should be able to reclock everything and handle it with a chunk of straight hose?

Chris

I'll look at it again, but I don't thing they will line up very well for a single piece of straight hose. I'll play with it some more tonight and see what I can make work....once I figure out how to get that mofo'in snap ring back on the inside of the compressor housing. That thing is a B1TCH! LOL

attachment.php

Edit: Got dang self rotating pictures. :bang

Attachments

• IMG_6713.jpg
    IMG_6713.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
Take the one on the intake manifold loose, and see if you can turn it a bit and drill some new holes to point it at the turbo. I can't tell how different the height is, but it's not like you're trying to hold down 100psi....

Chris

Yes. The re-drill did come to mind as soon as I read your last post. I'm on track with ya. ;)

So apparently ups delivered a starter spacer from Chris last Tuesday. I found the box.

5bb74750f1bcf169ccf1d3b047f3b2e7.jpg

Apparently this little schidt head ate the box and buried the spacer who knows where. I guess I'll have to burn the pasture to find it. Lol
M
8581607ec27522084ee29f7e3f8a0124.jpg

From dumb phone.

So apparently ups delivered a starter spacer from Chris last Tuesday. I found the box.

5bb74750f1bcf169ccf1d3b047f3b2e7.jpg

Apparently this little schidt head ate the box and buried the spacer who knows where. I guess I'll have to burn the pasture to find it. Lol
M
8581607ec27522084ee29f7e3f8a0124.jpg

From dumb phone.

You have way more patience than I do... If have brutally murdered that dog by now.

Want me to beat that dog with a rubber hose? Because I will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk