833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

You obviously haven't seen my truck either. This is an actual 2003 F-250 full size 2-wheel drive, long bed with a hitch - work truck. That's why it has roll down windows - how much more real do you want it? What's an SB?

DJ :evil

joefarmer said:
DJ- You forgot to tell him about the time you towed the backhoe with the 'race truck'... :evil:

brnaond.

People get a kick out of it. They point and wave when we go by.

Dockboy said:
:hehe:

Wade....are you and W1ked related? LOL

At least he attempted to post a dyno sheet!! LOL

Both of you have yet to prove this much bragged about 800 hp:blahblah1:

we shall see soon enough. i will be at the fall brawl, the TS diesel shootout, maybe IRP, and your own diesel thing. among many others.:evil

djdieseltech said:
Sorry to break the bad news to you but Mini Me is a full-size truck, 6360 lbs., a/c, power steering, 2 wheel drive (sorry, no electric windows) and 400 additional lbs. of elevator weights.

Have we met? Have you ever seen my truck?

nope don't think we've met; i imagine if i buy some tunes for my 6.0 from you we might though.

on your website it says
Mini Me is now at Suncoast Race Cars, Homossasa, Florida losing weight.
just making some observations about this and they aren't all directed at you DJ. on a different note its pretty funny how he gets made fun of for how he talks LOL
dodge's website lists base curb weight of a 3500 mega cab 4x4 w/ auto at 7733lbs. so figure he's probably closer to 7900-8k lbs. sorry, but against 6300lbs that's not particularly well matched. why not build an 800hp 6.0 and then put it in a CC SWB 4x4 truck and whoop him on fuel?

Last edited:
Both guys agreed to this race...why pick apart thier trucks?
Is it fair when I race a Corvette and whoop his ass ? I mean, after all, it does weigh less than 1/2 what my truck does.

you have a good point and it's awesome when you whoop a vette. fair was the wrong word (why i edited it). i'm just saying i think it'd be cooler to see a 6.0 lay down 800hp on fuel and then race in a truck similar to yours but 4x4.
either way i'm looking forward to seeing the times from w1cked and the race w/ DJ.

Hell...all us 6.0 guys would love to see someone lay down 800 on #2. LOL

UNBROKEN said:
Both guys agreed to this race...why pick apart thier trucks?
Is it fair when I race a Corvette and whoop his ass ? I mean, after all, it does weigh less than 1/2 what my truck does.

IWS.gif

Last edited:
If you bought a tune from me and acted childish, I would still refer you to the nearest exit.

We haven't updated the site. Mini Me sat there for several months taking measurements. We're building a very light truck now. Mini Me was not changed at all.

I've spent about $8000 on her total. She is a 4x2, longbed with ARP headstuds, Casserly injectors, a Suncoast tranny, my fuel system, Xcal2 with the looniest of looneys and nitrous.

W1cked is 4x4 and 800hp. He should be able to beat me and he has the option to use nitrous. We're still a couple of months away.

BTW, I did not question the man - I questioned the dyno. I lived in Miami for a long time and I know alot more about what goes on than you do.

Don M said:
I was convinced when W1cked stepped up and made the 800 plus.

This was the exact moment that the arguement ended for me.

Carry on. :pop: :pop: :pop:

Sence were on calculations heres another ,, K31 flows .58 kg/s from the B/W specs , so lets calculate that
give or take a few HP

Attachments

• turbomap.JPG
    turbomap.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 38
Dockboy said:
Come on Don:hehe:

Even with perfect conditions, the altitude alone would cause the weather station to produce at least 15%:doh:

I called and found out a bit more. It was a single dyno. Not both kinds.

The shop has the Superflow dyno, but had a DynoJet simulation software along with the Superflow software. He made runs with both software types.

The CF was 5.5%. Runs were made with load and the SF software and some were made inertia only with the DJ software clone.

He plans on a sea level dyno run when he returns to LA.

Dont be hatin' Greg:Cheer:

Dockboy/Don....... if it's possible, try to get the trucks to meet 1/2 way at somebody's dyno, that should end it.

Problem with racing dyno's is R/T.

Most dyno's are equipped with very primitive software that doesn't even have pre-stage lights. :(

And very, very few have side-by-side rollers so you can race heads-up.

Hopefully technology will catch up some day...

He lives in LA, but was working in CO. He plans on attending Indy and getting on Davids DJ. A few other trucks are making that journey as well.

He was just excited to get all the stuff bolted on and dyno the thing. The turbo is the A5K ,but it was used in a twin system and had the huge exhaust housing on it. Im certain the DJ numbers would have been better if the smaller housing had been on it. Spool up was tough in inertia mode. 43 PSI.

UNBROKEN said:
Hell...all us 6.0 guys would love to see someone lay down 800 on #2. LOL
that's all i'm saying (enter alldiesels) :hehe:
i prefer to see similar trucks but that is not relevant, just an opinion...
DJ, never attacked you, or questioned your knowledge of florida, you do live there :what:

DarkShadowDiesel said:
that's all i'm saying (enter alldiesels) :hehe:
i prefer to see similar trucks but that is not relevant, just an opinion...
DJ, never attacked you, or questioned your knowledge of florida, you do live there :what:
Yes, enter Roberta. Ms 800hp 6.0. Funny thing is 5.5% CF in Jan/Feb on the same Supeflow I run on that was 11% or so on a 70f degree day last Spring. Sumpin don't add up?

Don M said:
I called and found out a bit more. It was a single dyno. Not both kinds.

The shop has the Superflow dyno, but had a DynoJet simulation software along with the Superflow software. He made runs with both software types.

The CF was 5.5%. Runs were made with load and the SF software and some were made inertia only with the DJ software clone.

He plans on a sea level dyno run when he returns to LA.

Dont be hatin' Greg:Cheer:

LOL I'm not Don!!

But I think you are mistaken about the "different runs" with both software types ;)

The superflow software produces a spread sheet with several tabs. One of the tabs is a Dyno Comparison. It gives data for the run and then "simulates" or "calculates" a comparison of what it thinks it should be on a Dynojet. Not very accurate if you ask me!:poke:

:pop:

Are you saying a SuperFlow isn't any good or just the comparison it provides isn't any good?

McRat said:
Problem with racing dyno's is R/T.

Most dyno's are equipped with very primitive software that doesn't even have pre-stage lights. :(

And very, very few have side-by-side rollers so you can race heads-up.

Hopefully technology will catch up some day...

Ok,ok...... I know a RACE will settle all bets. However, the Dyno #'s were in question and I thought it an easy way to settle it. Doc knows whats what.