833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

Burner said:
Are you saying a SuperFlow isn't any good or just the comparison it provides isn't any good?

I'm saying that the comparison isn't any good.

Dyno numbers are just that......numbers. Comparing dyno numbers from different type dynos is pointless:bang

People can claim all the hp they want.........absolutly pointless to have a 800+ hp dyno truck that runs 12's:hehe:

Gregory is saying he thinks he can make the same HP a mile high which is complete HS lol. All the flat landers hate on high altutude CFs. Bring it on up boys and see what happens. Wait... why does my spool up suck and I only make 80% of the boost I see at sea level. Ah yes but a 10% CF is astronomical... LMAO

But you are saying that SuperFlow dynos are pretty dang close to 'actual' numbers or are they BS as well?

I'm saying dynos are good for tuning. I think "actual" is a relative term ;)

What is better? 800 hp for 100 rpm or 700 hp for 1000 rpm?

:pop:

Burner said:
But you are saying that SuperFlow dynos are pretty dang close to 'actual' numbers or are they BS as well?
the superflow is the best in my book a far as software and all goes it's just more accurate. the eddy current and all deliver real world results.

DIESEL POWER said:
the superflow is the best in my book a far as software and all goes it's just more accurate. the eddy current and all deliver real world results.

When are YOU going to deliver "real worl results"? :hehe: LOL :eek:wned:

Indy will be interesting. Greg will be buying the beer that weekend.:hehe:

You're coming to Indy Gregory??? And here you told me you couldn't make it. Sounds like the swerve to me buddy J/K lol

RacinDuallie said:
Hey

Rods, VERY Good post against another typical full:blahblah1: winded sales pitch...

You don't need these special cut off plenums to make power. :rules: :thankyou2: :eek:wned:

Want more proof-Heck looky in the latest issue of Diesel Power-on page 78- Matt Adams daily driven 1998 2500 Dodge Ram for a published example-810 hp, low 11's, 121mph in the quarter, and 12 Valves- not 24. Bolt on parts, still retains stock plenum.....:kick:

Then there's Mike Drever's 2004 2500 Dodge Ram same deal bolt ons, stock plenum net 11.50's......:kick: Right there on page 138....

Fletcher went 9.92 on fuel and 12valves and a weight of around 5300lbs- guess what- stock plenum.......

Then there are the many experienced diesel mechanics and diesel engineers, and diesel drag racers out there who are planting down qwicker times, with careful selection of parts, many hours testing, developing, and thinking of new tricks to get the numbers on the scoreboards to drop. The Garmons, The Perrys, The Fletchers, The Hoveys, ect ect ect. none of these folks use these custom sales pitch- trick of the week- internet sales pitch manifolds.

Yes -this IS an easier way to get at the inlet ports of the cylinder head. But with many hours of testing, flowing and even more testing, equal numbers- and better can be had by looking deeper into the cylinder head..... How do I know this? I have spent many hours behind a die grinder and have plenty of cylinder head cores sitting in the shop, that have many hours of me sitting behind the die grinder searching for improved numbers....... Some of these ports are very good for a street war horse, I was searching for race only hi-flow numbers.....I don't need to post flow sheets as there is plenty of PROOF on the track, proof coming from these diesel guru's everyday. And also on the street war horses....

Fact is cutting off the plenum may have a purpose in a 'race only' engine- a maximum effort type deal. But some very dang fine numbers can be had without going this route. And that money is better spent elsewhere....

We see this every day, from the Garmons, The Perrys, The Fletchers ect ect ect. :bow:

My racer has the plenum cut off. My street duallie does not. Both have very repectable flow numbers in the cylinder heads, yet both are developed with the intentions these rigs will serve. One is a street vehicle and the other is a maximum effort racer......:what:

so you port cylinder heads?

Don, you gonna be signing autographs in Indy or going incognito?

i hear we have to wait til him and DJ race.... i wish icould go to FL and watch... seems like if it does live up to the dyno sheet it will be a sweet race

Now I know why a good friends wife calls this... "man gossip."

I much prefer making up stuff to banter about. LOL:hehe:

Spanky, Compzilla, dont make Tim get the hose.

Last edited:
I read the threads on that other forum. I wanted to jump through my computer and strangle those Ford guys.... That was the most rude forum I ever visited and won't go there again...

What forum was it?

I believe it was called competitiondiesel... or something close to that. If you want to get aggrevated, go there...

Well dang cant do nothing wright :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who posted that and where ?
If he read the thread...he's a member here.
If he doesn't want to be...I can take care of that for him. LOL
I'm just here to help. LOL

Last edited:
If you are a new member, and you have made it this far in the discussion/debate/hatefest/love triangle that is this thread, please understand that some of these fella's don't particularly care for one another LOL LOL

I wanna give a shout to the guys on that "other" forum...aparently we're a bunch of 6.0 driving haters.
Well...I am...but not everyone here is. LOL