84 Chevy Crew Cab 12v Conversion

Today I decided to put the bed on to get the height of my home built gooseneck hitch. Well my uncle took the tractor to a field to grab some hay and I needed it so I drove my fourwheeler with a trailer over to the field so I could get the tractor. Being the only one around sucks at times so this is what I had to do to bring the tractor to the shop.

6296686A-BDD8-4576-A019-9320DCE101C5-7853-000005A6410368B5_zps6bc74b44.jpg

Needed a way to get back to the truck so I pulled the fourwheeler behind it LOL

After that I went ahead and put the bed on.

C357D1E0-F4EF-4797-B3C9-44FDB49A4676-7853-000005A651ABF6F2_zps0bd0cebd.jpg

Right now the bedside is 5 foot tall. I hope that the front will be able to fit a 37" tire so that I wont have to lift it anymore.

Then I cut a hole in the floor and stuck my 2.5" receiver into the hole and clamped it to the front cross member of my gooseneck hitch.

C5F2A3F9-E140-4150-A034-9C556D91DEB6-7853-000005A66595BCD1_zps0ca2105b.jpg

and here it is with the B&W ball installed.

F9B52A9B-4DD2-4BD9-83D9-4970F9CF2C69-7853-000005A670D79B99_zpseb2fb00f.jpg

Once I get the receiver welded to the front cross member I will install the rear cross member and weld it all up and then figure out a release mech for the ball so I can pull it out when I dont need it.

Yeah I live south of Pitt but I go there all the time and people tend to know where it is at.

Nice mounting job there bro, glad to see other people have pride in the little things too :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ?

Yea, 19 1/2" from floor to top of bed, and 62" from the ground to top of bed. :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ?

That's weird. My truck is setting on worn out 33 inch tires and what seems like
If anything 4" to 6" of lift in the rear and my bed rail is right at 60". The more I look at this front lift springs the more I think it is 6" lift springs instead of 4". I wish I had a 37 inch tall tire to see if it would clear in the front.

These prodjects get to be alot of work.but it is worth it when it all done

Dale

Well today I went and picked up a 40 gallon fuel tank from a buddy with the stock cross members. It originally had the fill tube on the passenger side but I hate having to walk around the truck just to fill it up so I turned the tank around so that it would be on the driver side. I wanted to test fit it to get an idea of what I would have to do.

3F1E5A69-297E-4404-AA9A-F6FFD3F9FF86-16463-00000A8F585F9CF6_zps50bace7f.jpg

Right now I am not going to mount the tank just yet. I need to finish up welding my gooseneck hitch in and then figure out a release mech for it. I plan on doing it like the B&W hitch setup. Once I get the hitch done I will weld all the nuts to the frame that hold all of my rear brackets to the frame, and then hopefully I can get my steel to finish boxing the rear of the frame. Once I have the frame boxed I am going to cut the fuel tank cross members and weld them to the boxed plate. This will allow for me to be able to not have to cut weird shapes into my box plates and it will look better when done. Still unsure how I am going to do a receiver hitch on the truck as of right now. I have one that works with this truck but eventually I am going to build bumpers for the truck and plan on building a receiver hitch into the bumper. So I dont want to weld this receiver to the frame. Might just have to weld some nuts in the frame to temp mount the receiver hitch I have and remove it once I build my bumpers (Want to get the truck running before I build the custom bumpers, but want to be able to pull a trailer if I have to)

Looks pretty good man! Makes me wanna get started on my crew! Makin me a little jelous here.. and helpin me remember i gotta get other projects outta the way! Keep it up!

Looks pretty good man! Makes me wanna get started on my crew! Makin me a little jelous here.. and helpin me remember i gotta get other projects outta the way! Keep it up!

My Dually said it wants to look like yours when it's owner gets some money

Thanks man. This is really my first vehicle to do any of this stuff to. I have a k10 that I started with and pulled it down to the frame cause I was going to do a restore on it but just put it back together because I fell in love with these crew cabs, doing the frame off and also doing my first engine conversion can be very overwhelming at times, but I enjoy it and it will be worth it. And i know what you mean by getting other projects out of the way haha, I have another crew cab that is all rusted out that I want to build into a toy, but i gotta finish this one first. I dont have much fabrication left, but money always is a issue so it probably wont be back together till the middle of summer or more likely the end. :doh: