902hp Common Rail Dodge Single turbo FUEL ONLY!!

I would like to give a big thank you to Les. His ability to tune and the not good enough mentality has made tuning this truck exciting and fun. We came in to this round of upgrades with an idea. i gave him the challange and he meet the challange head on. Thanks Again, Les.

EfiLive is something of a revolution in the diesel community that needs nop more explaining. i do feel bad for those not using or unable to use it. they are BEING left behind.

Jason
SBT/LCD

congrats les and jason.. thats some pretty good numbers.. looking forward to next weekend..
and fyi i havent been able to get any info on start and scale times..

Congrats on the numbers must be nice to be in control.

I feel left out for sure, but hopeful.

SCI tuning can't come soon enough.

Pave the way CAN bus!

timing

Gee Les
would 27 * timing be equivalent to HLT 27 Or someware between HLT 1 & HLT 50.
You would think that would be useful information for use SCI guys on the outside looking in.
Unbelievable !

Problem is...nobody knows the calculation for max timing allowed for non-re-entrant bowls and 124* spray angles yet. So until I know this value, the timing stays at 27*.

Plus we went from 27-28* and picked up 3hp...not enough to chance it.

I'm sure we could run low 30's but it's not for me to guess at...

Smart move, Les. I like that. No need to get greedy for a few HP and melt the engine. VERY SMART and impressive self control guys!

nice work les

looking forward to making it up north to your shop one of these days soon
for some tuning - dyno sessions with my truck

congrats les keep up all the good work with EFI = the sky is the limit

nice work les

looking forward to making it up north to your shop one of these days soon
for some tuning - dyno sessions with my truck

congrats les keep up all the good work with EFI = the sky is the limit

Thank you!!

And I welcome your truck and business!!

~Les

I would like to give a big thank you to Les. His ability to tune and the not good enough mentality has made tuning this truck exciting and fun. We came in to this round of upgrades with an idea. i gave him the challange and he meet the challange head on. Thanks Again, Les.

EfiLive is something of a revolution in the diesel community that needs nop more explaining. i do feel bad for those not using or unable to use it. they are BEING left behind.

Jason
SBT/LCD

Jason, i couldn't agree more...

les has never met me before, never seen or touched my truck, BUT my truck is constantly evolving like the hand of god is under my hood.

from the late night phone calls and emails to countless data logging and texting the man is a tuning machine! we have learned so much and also seen some SUPER strange things along the way:bang

i think my setup is a little different from some of the trucks he has over there and it shows in the tuning. my RP has never been so healthy, more power with less smoke and my compounds spool like a single.

Sometimes i will get an email at midnight that reads, "hey i think this will help your setup and spool faster. let me know how the smoke looks around town"

Another thing we learned is how 2 trucks with similar mods can act soooo different. all i have to say is i wish i new what was going on in that head of his!:charger:

with EFI = the sky is the limit

i couldn't agree more. one thing i push to people over in my neck of the woods is when coming from a box tuner to EFI, almost any setup can become streetable!
got a pulling trucks with heavy sticks?
did you build an amateur setup with unfriendly parts?
rail pressure too low to keep up with big sticks?

IT DOESN'T matter! EFI live with a knowledgeable tuner (human) behind it can fix all of the above:rockwoot:

Problem is...nobody knows the calculation for max timing allowed for non-re-entrant bowls and 124* spray angles yet. So until I know this value, the timing stays at 27*.

Plus we went from 27-28* and picked up 3hp...not enough to chance it.

I'm sure we could run low 30's but it's not for me to guess at...

Is this something that will come from math, or from a few people buying some pistons?

Boroscope after some miles, or put 143 degree nozzles in.

I am not one to experiment on someones truck...that I wont do on mine. I need to do the math, then I'll feel better about it.

Shane, doesnt putting a wider spray pattern make you more vulnerable to crown heat with increased timing?? Kinda like spraying out of the bowl but on a larger scale...or am I missing something?

Great to hear and awesome work Les! Just makes me want a CR more and more!

EFI is working out pretty good for you guys. Can't wait to see how much it can do for the 6.7 guys

i am curious to know about the truth here as well, considering i just dumped a boat load of money in new exergy sticks with 143 nozzles

After this past weekend I've gotta do something. Having a tune that's dialed in and one I can log will make all the difference in the world to me. I wish I woulda done it two months ago