95 fummins

Hows the ride in the mid-90's fords versus the superduty? I drove a buddy's superduty around while mine was in the shop and damn that thing was like a cadillac compared to my crappy dodge.

Hows the ride in the mid-90's fords versus the superduty? I drove a buddy's superduty around while mine was in the shop and damn that thing was like a cadillac compared to my crappy dodge.
Mine is still has the standard front suspension with rough country lift so it rides like a ton truck should (log wagon)
I have been told if i do a reverse shackle setup like the superduties have the ride will be a lot better.However when it comes to sled pulling the reverse shackles set is terrible (it will bounce alot)
My 03 dodge rides the best compared to my 96 dodge and my 95 ford

Mine is still has the standard front suspension with rough country lift so it rides like a ton truck should (log wagon)
I have been told if i do a reverse shackle setup like the superduties have the ride will be a lot better.However when it comes to sled pulling the reverse shackles set is terrible (it will bounce alot)
My 03 dodge rides the best compared to my 96 dodge and my 95 ford

Yes they bounce like a mad jack rabbit but that is cured with front traction bars for sled pulling. Honestly, the shackle reversal is one of my favorite mods to the OBS fords. My brother's F-350 dually with 315's rides like a Cadillac. My SRW 95 F-350 rides like a half ton. Other than the hopping while pulling, we've had no issues at all.

On your mileage, do you think the big tires, auto trans, and the lift hurt you?

Big tires and auto dont help mileage. 4wd too. If youre racing the truck you probably dont want a low-stall converter, but it does help economy.
could also make sure the lockup is working. highway driving in lockup is where you should see the best mileage.
you can lose a tiny bit of drag with manual hubs in the front. Probably doesnt make much difference.

Yes they bounce like a mad jack rabbit but that is cured with front traction bars for sled pulling. Honestly, the shackle reversal is one of my favorite mods to the OBS fords. My brother's F-350 dually with 315's rides like a Cadillac. My SRW 95 F-350 rides like a half ton. Other than the hopping while pulling, we've had no issues at all.

On your mileage, do you think the big tires, auto trans, and the lift hurt you?
yea i imagine the big tire have something to do with it but since i swapped to 4.10 it runs 10times better

Big tires and auto dont help mileage. 4wd too. If youre racing the truck you probably dont want a low-stall converter, but it does help economy.
could also make sure the lockup is working. highway driving in lockup is where you should see the best mileage.
you can lose a tiny bit of drag with manual hubs in the front. Probably doesnt make much difference.

yea but even with 3.55 gear to 4.10 the milage didnt change

got a p-pump motor swapped in
IMAG0790_zps4ee9e4ab.jpg

IMAG0789_zps220bc72c.jpg

IMAG0788_zpse681a61a.jpg

Last edited:
47rh

where did you get your pressure switch that you used on the trans or i think that is what you was using them for and if you have a part number it would be great

Massey Ferguson dealership its a adjustable oil pressure switch for a 135 massy(aka as a hobbs switch)

what pressure are you locking up and shifting to OD and a pic of your wiring for the switchs would be great

what pressure are you locking up and shifting to OD and a pic of your wiring for the switchs would be great

I had them set at OD @ 40psi and T/C @ 50psi however like i stated i still have trans problems OD cutch pack is shot.Since then i had problems i ran 2 switches to trouble shoot problems. As for wiring the switches all you need is to connect the wires for O/D and T/C plug on the trans to the pressure switches and ground the other side completing the ground circut when the pressure reaches the set point.

love this build got ideas for mine from yours, got anything else planned for it or are you satisfied... for now haha

yea projects are never done, my trucks been done soo many times i just wanna enjoy it now, you have plans for a manual or are you kinda stuck on the auto?

yea projects are never done, my trucks been done soo many times i just wanna enjoy it now, you have plans for a manual or are you kinda stuck on the auto?

I hear ya. I have 2 more conversion to work on when I get home so my ride get put on the back burnner like always. I have 2 other trucks that are manuals this was my first Auto I have no plans to change the 95 back to manual. I really enjoy the auto it tows good and rides good just need to have it built (No O/D right now) clutch pack is gone. Really dont feel like tearing it apart right now, But when I do It will have all Billet Shafts