95 fummins

You did a great job on the swap.Looks very clean.What gears are you running.That you or doing 70mph at 1500rpm.I have 3.54 with the allison dbl Od 0.62 it come out at 1728 at 70.I see you some tall tires I know that makes a difference.

Dale

Last edited:
Looks good! I love that body style truck.
thanks
Correct me if im wrong here but i believe the OBS superduty trucks have the 1410 u joint yoke on the rearend.
not sure but the u-joints in this one are 1350s
You did a great job on the swap.Looks very clean.What gears are you running.That you or doing 70mph at 1500rpm.I have 3.54 with the allison dbl Od 0.62 it come out at 1728 at 70.I see you some tall tires I know that makes a difference.

Dale

It has 3.54 in it i am going to the Farm Show in it with my dad and it the current 11mpg does not change its getting 4.10s my tires are 36x15.50on 20x12s

Dale you need to quit holding out on us and make a thread on that 79 ford :Cheer:

You should be getting better than 11mpg something isn't rite.My 72chevy c10 2wd is getting 30.1 5sp 3.08 gears and 29" tall tires with pump turned up.What have you done to the pump.I have a thread going on about my 75
Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap
Dale

You should be getting better than 11mpg something isn't rite.My 72chevy c10 2wd is getting 30.1 5sp 3.08 gears and 29" tall tires with pump turned up.What have you done to the pump.I have a thread going on about my 75
Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap
Dale

mods
pump has 3800rpm spring and fuel screw turned a lil ,fuel pin rotated (still stock)
turbo stock with 12cm ex housing gate welded shut
trans
triple disc conveter and valvebody

11mpg was the best i could get on 2 road trips with screwed up slipping conveter
since then i have not done another road trip just around town running

not sure but the u-joints in this one are 1350s

It has 3.54 in it i am going to the Farm Show in it with my dad and it the current 11mpg does not change its getting 4.10s my tires are 36x15.50on 20x12s

The only time I get 11 is when I have 25k behind me. Normally I get 16-17 empty with 3:55's and 33's.

My 350 had 1350's from the factory.

Not sure if I'm gonna make it to the show or not. If so I'll have to look you up and buy you a beer.

My truck is a f350 it had 1350s from the factory also. The trucks im talking about are the work trucks alot of them have service bodies on them. The emblem on the side just says superduty. I bought a yoke off a guy he said it came out of one of those trucks. Now my rear drive shaft has 1410 ujoints.

I suppose it would be a f450

Last edited:
So long as you don't run the full rear out of one you're good I recon. Some comp rules are "one ton" and below. So the OBS SuperDuty rears would be illegal.

It's an issue in some area's, because guys want an OBS dually for pulling, but ferd didn't make a one ton 4WD dually in those years. So guys try to start the truck with an OBS superduty, and disqualify themselves.

The only time I get 11 is when I have 25k behind me. Normally I get 16-17 empty with 3:55's and 33's.

My 350 had 1350's from the factory.

Not sure if I'm gonna make it to the show or not. If so I'll have to look you up and buy you a beer.
sounds good like i said time for another road trip and let me know i dont drink but the truck does :lolly:

So long as you don't run the full rear out of one you're good I recon. Some comp rules are "one ton" and below. So the OBS SuperDuty rears would be illegal.

It's an issue in some area's, because guys want an OBS dually for pulling, but ferd didn't make a one ton 4WD dually in those years. So guys try to start the truck with an OBS superduty, and disqualify themselves.
Tom i dont believe anyone would disqualify you for a OBS super duty rear axle if i am not mistaking i believe they are no bigger than a dana 80. Some i have seen are 10 1/4 with 10 lugs however someone on powerstoke nation had a 4wd one that had a dana 70 up front and 80 in the rear it looked like a 11.75AAM in the front

sounds good like i said time for another road trip and let me know i dont drink but the truck does :lolly:

Tom i dont believe anyone would disqualify you for a OBS super duty rear axle if i am not mistaking i believe they are no bigger than a dana 80. Some i have seen are 10 1/4 with 10 lugs however someone on powerstoke nation had a 4wd one that had a dana 70 up front and 80 in the rear it looked like a 11.75AAM in the front

The big issue in our area is the axles must have 8 lugs no matter what so the 10 lug axles would be the issue. Any OBS 4wd superduty I've seen was done at some sort of conversion out fit. So that may be why it had a D70 in the front and a D80 in the rear. Also, any OBS F-250 and 350 I've ever had or worked on had the dinky ass 1350's in it. It sure would have been nice to have 1410's and a D80 from the get go. LOL

got some update pics i also reinstalled the traction bars but i forgot to take pics and i have been getting 350-380 miles to 30gallon but my speedometer is still off so milage is better than 12mpg

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

Boy that gooseneck is almost kissin the bedsides ain't it Chase?

That's why I'm afraid to lift mine too much. the truck and trailer go in and down too many field entrances and I can see the bed being removed by the trailer. LOL Chase, it's looking good! That tractor looks like it got a little "toasty". LOL

Boy that gooseneck is almost kissin the bedsides ain't it Chase?
yea it was about a 1/2 when i noticed it about to touch not my trailer though

Deffently have to watch how you drive being that close.

Dale
yea i droped the trailer after i took that pic
That's why I'm afraid to lift mine too much. the truck and trailer go in and down too many field entrances and I can see the bed being removed by the trailer. LOL Chase, it's looking good! That tractor looks like it got a little "toasty". LOL

my trailer has no clearance problems this one was mot mine though
the tractor was never a fire damage just been sitting in a field for a couple of years
here is my trailer and the scuff plates behind the door i just ordered for it too
IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

thats one cool truck. Im not a ford guy but would love to build something like that