Adrenaline's new 4000RPM box!

I did one O/D locked out pull and seen 3700 RPM before letting out. Power didn't show any sign of tapering off either. I really don't need that RPM, so I let out. As long as power doesn't start to taper off before or right at my shift points, I'm a happy camper. It did exactly that so I'll use it at TS this weekend. :rockwoot:

I can assure you that your buddy does not have one of the 4K boxes.

Ialso have not had a box overheat in months. That has been fixed since last fall. If you are having problems you are either hooking it up wrong or running an old tune which is a NO-NO.

For all you guys that love to hate, show up at TS. There will be several of these crappy, no rpm turning boxes there.

Teach them a lesson. That'll show us.

Oh and don't forget to bring the kleenex. Might be a long ride home without some soft tissue.

With the limited experience I've had with your VP products, I'm not going to bash your stuff nor will I parade it. I will pass along what I've heard/experienced myself which have been mixed emotions as found on any site that talks about it. Some love it, some hate it. When I get a chance to try it on mine, then I feel I'll have the right to bash or applaud it. I appreciate that you are still working on a VP product, but personally I'd prefer the testimonials come from the end user, not the manufacturer. It's always easy to hype your own stuff.

Right now, I'm pretty well stuck running my somewhat proven Redline with satisfactory results. I would like to at least say I've had an ADR on my truck to compare it to other boxes, as this is the only box on the market that I can think of that I haven't tried. Smoothness is nice but considering I own $3600 worth of boxes including a redline that only gets used for about an hour per weekend during the summer months and switch back when I need to drive on the road goes to show that I'm only looking for fuel and RPM. All the other features would do me no good otherwise I would have probably already made the purchase. I'd rather have a chance to try one, but seems nobody has one for a '99 in my area that I'm aware of. Everything is for a 2001-2002 model. Not sure what good it would do me without some type of 4K tune anyway. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try one and make it another or possibly the only box in my arsenal of electronics, but until then I guess I'll just sit back and listen to the hype.

dyno is still rule of thumb. if it makes more power than a drag-redline stack i will be a believer till then, i am a skeptic

dyno is still rule of thumb. if it makes more power than a drag-redline stack i will be a believer till then, i am a skeptic

Why would you compare stacked boxes to a stand alone unit...and a $1700 stack at that? :confused: I'd still be curious to see a back to back dyno between the two though. I think there would be a lot of this going on. :doh:

I still prefer the smoothness of a Drag Comp for street duty, but this new box may be hands down the one for all out Competition use. Time will tell I guess. All I can say is it did well for me today. And that's all I got to say about that (in my best Forrest Gump voice).

So is this something that will work if a guy doesn't have the Pulse? I am getting sick of the 3200 rpm already. Just as the truck starts to pull hard it bounces off the limiter, was really starting to like the 4k tunes until they started killing the truck. Someone let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

So is this something that will work if a guy doesn't have the Pulse? I am getting sick of the 3200 rpm already. Just as the truck starts to pull hard it bounces off the limiter, was really starting to like the 4k tunes until they started killing the truck. Someone let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

I liked one of my old boxes and one of the old 4k tunes for strip use also, but this is a completely new unit. I'm under the impression it's not a file you'll be able to download---hence the price tag on a possible exchange for your current ADR.

FWIW, this unit felt better on top at WOT than any other tune I've ran in the past---including my old box and my favorite 4k tune. Streetability on higher levels still appear to be a concern though.

I feel good about it for the first time since running the ADR back in Oct 07. So much so that I'm thinking about finally parting ways with my Drag Comp. We'll see how TS pans out.

I liked one of my old boxes and one of the old 4k tunes for strip use also, but this is a completely new unit. I'm under the impression it's not a file you'll be able to download---hence the price tag on a possible exchange for your current ADR.

FWIW, this unit felt better on top at WOT than any other tune I've ran in the past---including my old box and my favorite 4k tune. Streetability on higher levels still appear to be a concern though.

I feel good about it for the first time since running the ADR back in Oct 07. So much so that I'm thinking about finally parting ways with my Drag Comp. We'll see how TS pans out.

Thanks for the info Joel, I wasn't sure it was just a different updatable box that they were going to be changing since he mentioned something about a possible upgrade in the future. So you got sent an entire new system? Box, Pulse, all wireing? Are any of you guys running this with just the standard HRVP, or you all have just SO pumps?

Thanks,
Rick

So you got sent an entire new system? Box, Pulse, all wireing? Are any of you guys running this with just the standard HRVP, or you all have just SO pumps?

Thanks,
Rick

Just a box swap and I'm still running my original SOVP with 130K miles on it. :bow:

Just a box swap and I'm still running my original SOVP with 130K miles on it. :bow:

Glad your having such good luck. Are you having surging issues with DDing on higher levels? Mine seems to be very smooth for the most part.

Glad your having such good luck. Are you having surging issues with DDing on higher levels? Mine seems to be very smooth for the most part.

It appears so, but if I drop the pump stretch down to around 1600, it's manageable.

...drop the pump stretch down...

I think I know what you're saying here but never heard it termed that way. Could you elaborate in case I'm not thinking in the right direction here. Thanks.

That is what I thought, that is why I was wondering if you had to have the pulse for it to work. I haven't managed to get one yet, too lazy :bang

Thanks for the info, could only hope to have a chance to try one out.

Rick

Got my box today. I have a appointment at 12:45 tomorrow to get my rear shackles changed, then I'm gonna give it hell.

Back