Ahale's 94 Build thread

I am running the same charger. When I can catch a break i'm thinking the 10-blade hpx 76 or 80 from CRT with an 87mm or 92mm turbine in a 1.1 t6 housing would work nicely with a little give or take depending on which I choose. You still planning on compounding?

A little further down the road yes, judging by how clean the truck runs, i think the charger can support 550 easy, so im shooting for that right now, compounds for later, still thinking triples

Relly nice, the 482 I made was complety clean, not a bit of smoke and no haze at idle. I am happy with them, besides the fact that they took 5 months...

Seems like the 6 clicks I'm at for my 4k's is a bit tight on these injectors. Maybe setting them tight was acounting for the tired stock 160 sticks, need to take a few clicks out to kill the low rpm hunting that its still doing.

looks like I'm going to pick up a 5 speed parts truck tonight!

all the auto stuff is up for sale if anyone is interested

myself and a buddy went in half's on this gem....cough.... cracked frame rotted to hell, but a tight drivetrain. 5speed 4x4 12v 1995

07DAADFB-A555-44D2-8601-CB8F29E86F1A-1458-0000010071969FB5-1.jpg

anyways, the 5speed it going in my truck tomorrow, it leaks a bit, but shifts well, and seems quite tight. need to find some GL-4 for it. I'm guessing its had the 5thgear nut fixed somehow, seeing that its got over 200K on it and has clearly been opened up before.

4DCFCB7F-4EFA-4791-B066-F8887948B746-1249-00000137F6FAFABB.jpg

after some pressure washing.
0436DE13-D5BA-4526-B663-02B617BBE14A-1249-00000137DD4D16EF.jpg

for now, i'm going to throw it in the truck with the stock clutch, and save up some money for a clutch, input and i'll throw a full rebuild at it while I'm there.

rebuilt the rear driveshaft today and took both rubber isolators out of the shifter (what a difference that made in shift feel)

more updates tomorrow... hoping to just hammer on it tomorrow afternoon and have a 5 speed truck by early morning

Last edited:
5 speed it in, not a huge fan just yet.

looking for opinions on a clutch, double disk, with a big input, who makes a reliable drivable clutch for the 700hp range? My last southbend blew the pilot bearing, and thus took out the clutch, was told to pound sand when I called them up asking for some help, so I'm not thrilled with their customer service.

also, what is the best 5thgear fix?

5 speed it in, not a huge fan just yet.

looking for opinions on a clutch, double disk, with a big input, who makes a reliable drivable clutch for the 700hp range? My last southbend blew the pilot bearing, and thus took out the clutch, was told to pound sand when I called them up asking for some help, so I'm not thrilled with their customer service.

also, what is the best 5thgear fix?

Dont feel back about the clutch. I posted a thread on here about how mine failed and they pretty much black mailed me to get rid of the post or they wont replace it... Valiar Would be the best bet.

Dont feel back about the clutch. I posted a thread on here about how mine failed and they pretty much black mailed me to get rid of the post or they wont replace it... Valiar Would be the best bet.

i've never heard much talk of the quality of valair stuff, I need to ask around.

Pulled this gem out of the 47rh today, Will, you were right. bent strut. still dosnt explain where my metal shavings were coming from, drum is mint, band is ok as well.

C3EA412E-3FEB-42A1-80C2-C114A7BEFE00-1265-000000CD160D369F.jpg

probably going to end up keeping the RH and building it with pocket change, for a 1stgen project in the future.

Garrett, are many people running Kenny's stuff on the street? I'll give him a call tomorrow and ask what he would suggest

In all honesty I need to call up SBC, Valair and kenny's to ask, the budget is as close as I can get to 1500$ for a clutch and input for something that will hold 700

If you decide to go with the built auto, what would you take for all the 5-speed equipment?

no amount would make me want to ship it to OR, sorry

the 5 speed is staying for a while, excited to do decent at the pulls in my local workstock class

You wont find a clutch for that price, I looked all over for dual disks this summer. I have a Kennys dual disk, rated for 650 I believe. Cost me 1700 with the input shipped.

Well thats why i said closest to 1500 lol, not going to cheep out, need something that will last for a few years and hold some power, i'm pretty easy on parts so as long as the product itself dosnt fail I should be ok

Garrett, are many people running Kenny's stuff on the street? I'll give him a call tomorrow and ask what he would suggest

In all honesty I need to call up SBC, Valair and kenny's to ask, the budget is as close as I can get to 1500$ for a clutch and input for something that will hold 700

I don't have any personal experience with Kenny's stuff but I have read lots of good stuff about them and when I called them up about getting a clutch they were very nice to deal with.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

You wont find a clutch for that price, I looked all over for dual disks this summer. I have a Kennys dual disk, rated for 650 I believe. Cost me 1700 with the input shipped.

Wrong. My Ceramic/Ceramic Valair was under 1500 shipped with input.

OP, Kenny's stuff is great for pullers. I'd go Valair for a street truck, though. That's where their primary focus is, and their clutches have better manners than any others I've tried.