Announcing Our New Twin Turbo Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and there seems to be an awful lot of people who throw roses at MPI's feet. Which is fine, but letting your preferences get in the way of understanding that more products/choices is better for the consumer. It's basically just turned into a good ol' fashioned pissing match.

Well it is a sport and with that you will have pissing matches.

But yeah competition just makes it better for the whole community.

Well it is a sport and with that you will have pissing matches.

But yeah competition just makes it better for the whole community.

Hey, the kit looks pretty good. Really would like to see one in action either on the dyno, track or sled pull. Maybe there will be a couple at the Diesel Power Challenge.

Nathan is not the only guy in the North America that can make TWIN KITS. Nathan attacked us and has tried to defame us by saying a bunch of untrue BS. We use only genuine Borg Warner turbos and parts. Made in the USA. You may have bad information again!!!
We would be glad to go head to head at the track. Any Day!
We have tested the back pressure and the numbers are very good. That is why we decided on the larger big turbo. It helps with turbo drive pressure.

I am not in any way shape or form getting into this pissing match as i do not care who's who in the zoo!

But going on 4 years ago I heard of Nathan and spent many many many hours talking to him and absorbing his knowledge. Back then he was building twins for Cummins for quite some time and was just getting into the Dmax market. His knowledge of Turbo's and Diesels in General was astounding to say the least back then and the work he did and does is truely second too none! And IMO should be respected. He built the original set of Twins for Nasty that made over 1000 RWHP fuel only. I think back then there were 2 people who thought and believed that could be achieved and we made it happen! :D

Everyone wants a piece of the perverbial pie and thats understandable but be carefull Nathan is on top of his game! ;)

Good luck Nathan and your team this year, I know there will be many more that will respect you after this season! ;)

Keith

Nasty Girl, I know what Nathan is capable of and yes your right. He is a knowledgable guy. If you read this thread, he attacked us. I hold no animosity toward him even though he has tried to make some untrue claims. We have tried to be friendly toward him. The return response has been negative. Thanks

My son's Cody and Brett had a race today. Cody has the LMM that we did the first set of twins on. Brett has a 6.7L Dodge that we just finished putting the Twin Turbos on. Both run VGT turbos and S400 turbos. Wow very impressive. They were pretty close but Cody's front end broke. I'm sure they will try again when his truck gets fixed. I hope they don't think I'm buying them transmissions next. Thanks, Brady

Got any pics of the 6.7 twins? Yall gonna be selling kits for them? Should be a good setup. I know of one guy that built his own VGT/S400 twins for his 6.7.

EDIT: Sorry just saw your thread three threads below this one :bang

Yes we have pictures on our web site. Cody is now upgrading his front end. I think a rerace will be comming up. Brett will have his tunning done by then I am sure. It should be an interesting race. Cody was telling me that when he went to the Sand Dunes the weekend before this one, he pulled his trailer over mountains going out there at 75mph and only saw 1100deg. exhaust temp. I am now thinking about a new truck. I don't want to sell the old one though. It will be a hard decision. Thanks, Brady

New and stronger front end is now in place. Thanks goes to Buck at Edge products for the parts. I think that a real race between Brett in his Dodge 6.7L which has our new twin turbo kit and Cody will happen soon. Brett has his programing now. It will be interesting. Thanks, Brady

We had our new twin turbo kit on display at the TS Outlaw Diesel Event this last weekend. L & L Diesel installed a set of them and brought the truck to the event. The owner of the truck loves them and they did show very well.

Thanks to Luke Hundley at L & L Diesel for getting the truck there.

We will be at IRP in June and L & L Diesel will be bringing the truck to show there as well. See you there.

Thanks, Brady

Any time Brady! It's been a pleasure working with you guys on our projects.

Now an unbiased opinion,
These twins installed with ease, the quality of work is excellent and the kit performs... It spools excellent, drives excellent and looks excellent. Don't know what more a person could ask for. Come check us out at Indy, we will gladly answer any questions.

Will you guys make a kit for upgraded vvts?Like a 68mm with a gt4508 or a gt4718.Or possibly just the piping for the setup.

I'll be glad to add .02 and say how good the MPI kit is and if somebody wants to call it throwing roses, go ahead. The MPI is just real damn good. Not because there's one on my engine but the other way around......my engine has one because they're so good. For many years I worked as a fabricator and know when something's done well. Before ordering I looked at one of these kits installed and the workmanship was just beautiful. After riding in that truck I was sold. My own with it's Edge didn't seem very fast anymore. There's nobody better with twin turbo setups than Nathan. A lot of development went into each kit and each is specific to it own engine model. The LLY kit was worked out for that engine and won't fit an LBZ or any other. Then an awful lot goes into making the components. Pipes are fabricated from bends and tubing and each pipe has its specific set of jigs. For instance the LLY hotpipe..... attaches in 3 places and has to fit exactly. It uses 6 or 7 pieces of tubing and bends plus 3 flanges all cut and fitted perfectly into the jig, then welded in a careful sequence so there's no warpage or shrinkage and everything stays exactly where it's supposed to be......it takes 5hrs just to make that one pipe. In addition to pipes and bends there's a whole bunch of fabricated/machined pieces that attach to them. He has those made. There's also a wastegate. Then there's coatings. The end result is a real work of art. Nathan's time has value and there's also employee salary and shop overhead. These kits are worth what they cost. Anyone who says they can just make one easy and cheap and have it work right is a fool. And putting together a trial and error one-off isn't the same as developing a really sanitary production kit.

I haven't seen the II setup, only heard what people have told me. People who install them and are familiar with both have told me the II looks cheap compared to the MPI.

god my eyes hurt, just read this top to bottom...... sheesh, with such tight quarters there are only so many options. think of it as a dinky set of condo's that just went up next to the only dink ass furniture shop in town... how many of those condo's are going to end up looking the same inside? quite a few, only so much room, so many pieces of furniture. Under the hood we all think the same way, gotta move this to fit that...... Now if someone copies your setup, you should take it as a compliment, but if you think the copy should demand compensation, or strongly enough that it is origianal enough to get $, then in this day and age, keep that hood closed, and ignore the "this thread is useless without pics" taunt until you have a solid patent...... hindsight now, but looking ahead to protect the next guy. god I feel like I am stating the obvious, but sheesh, 9 pages of back and forth, one thing in a lot of these threads tho is the constant stories of folks waiting for ever for kits, parts, pieces....... seems to me if your kit is only a little better, or dam close to the next guy, the guy that is going to make it is the guy that gets his product to the customer. If there is trouble doing that, somebody needs to hire in help, tons of highly trained people in the field that would gladly take a job these days.

god my eyes hurt, just read this top to bottom...... sheesh, with such tight quarters there are only so many options. think of it as a dinky set of condo's that just went up next to the only dink ass furniture shop in town... how many of those condo's are going to end up looking the same inside? quite a few, only so much room, so many pieces of furniture. Under the hood we all think the same way, gotta move this to fit that...... Now if someone copies your setup, you should take it as a compliment, but if you think the copy should demand compensation, or strongly enough that it is origianal enough to get $, then in this day and age, keep that hood closed, and ignore the "this thread is useless without pics" taunt until you have a solid patent...... hindsight now, but looking ahead to protect the next guy. god I feel like I am stating the obvious, but sheesh, 9 pages of back and forth, one thing in a lot of these threads tho is the constant stories of folks waiting for ever for kits, parts, pieces....... seems to me if your kit is only a little better, or dam close to the next guy, the guy that is going to make it is the guy that gets his product to the customer. If there is trouble doing that, somebody needs to hire in help, tons of highly trained people in the field that would gladly take a job these days.

Sure there is tons of highly trained people that can copy exsisting things... Especially after the kits have already been made and perfected. And it is all about the money who cares if it isn't as good performance or quality wise? The next step you take is to patronize the guys who send off someone elses kit to India or China to be copied. That has been the American way for a while now and look how much good it has done the economy.

Sure there is tons of highly trained people that can copy exsisting things... Especially after the kits have already been made and perfected. And it is all about the money who cares if it isn't as good performance or quality wise? The next step you take is to patronize the guys who send off someone elses kit to India or China to be copied. That has been the American way for a while now and look how much good it has done the economy.

Can we just stop all of this non-sense? This thread was not started about MPI twins, it is about Industrials setup, so if you don't want to find out info about this setup then just don't post.... Pretty simple.

Look at it this way, when Nathan comes out with a set of 6.7L Twins does that give all the Industrial followers the right to come on here and BASH Nathan cause he is copying Industrial?? They came out with them before he has so that is no different than you guys coming on here and claiming that Industrial copied him on the Duramax twin setup.

i still think there is a easy way of seeing how good there kit performs , i race @ RMR every other friday and would be glad to run up against there kit in a truck similar to mine ( single CP3 ) to see how it performs ! i might even be willing to make a 100.00 wager i can always use some more $$ for mods :hehe:

Just ship me a kit,I have a built motor and twin cp3's.I'm sure one of the tuners around here would make a tune for my truck with this setup and I will take the Gt4202R off and put a stock VVT back to test how this kit would do with a built motor and a trans that can hold the power.That or do you have a kit that will work with the gt4202R. I'm sure we can havea fun few days at the track.

Can we just stop all of this non-sense? This thread was not started about MPI twins, it is about Industrials setup, so if you don't want to find out info about this setup then just don't post.... Pretty simple.

Look at it this way, when Nathan comes out with a set of 6.7L Twins does that give all the Industrial followers the right to come on here and BASH Nathan cause he is copying Industrial?? They came out with them before he has so that is no different than you guys coming on here and claiming that Industrial copied him on the Duramax twin setup.

This thread is not about 6.7 twins it is about a copied set of Dmax twins that keep getting cheaper every couple weeks.:hehe: FWIW There are other shops already in the process of getting stocked up with 6.7 twin kits, outside of the exhaust flange there really isn't much diff between the 5.9's. Which by the way where copied from another company as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.