any info on the s500-80 or s500-86

the exhuast side is to small for that size motor running those rpm.. the compressure side is ok but will benifiet from be larger also for the power/rpm you are running.
what power do you think it will make?

it makes 750hp at 52psi boost but the dyno cant load it down past that on a single roll the dynos are set up for twin screw trucks! as far as what it will make not sure i can ad alot more fuel i have just tuning to what i thought the turbos could handle. the most i could fuel it to is 80psi and it chokes up. if some one could read the maps on the turbos i'm running maybey they could give some insight on there potental

i would definetly step up to that 500 class turbo for your high pressure but what size is that wheel? and even then i dont think you should downsize your housing. start there.. if you can send or even tell me the lbs of air each move i could guess at potential power and that hx 82 should be well north of 1000 easy.. i think your biggest problem is what you already realized back pressure from your high pressure turbo being to small of an exhaust side..

180 lbs is good for 1200+ easy.. and that 475 should be around 109lbs.. and i think the 580 flows around 120 and the 586 would be around 145 if my memory serves me.. that stuff doesnt really matter because your low pressure is what moves the volume.. but if you cant get it out your shooting yourself in the foot..

I'll have to do some more checking but at your displacement and rpm and assuming a VE of only 75% and some mediocre intercooling, you could be looking at a HP charger of more like 130 lb/min...very rough calcs.

So the S475 is likely too small on both ends.

i have been told that the my hx82 makes 2400cfm does that compute to reality. Not sure but if i have a 80mm on s500 it doesnt spin as fast will it still make 120lbs the s400 maps show it spinning faster. and if i go to big on the hp compwheel ive been told i will create more heat. im no expert so lookink for some advise 86 or 80 on the s500

Crap....ran it again, maybe the 475 will work.

Are you getting the 82 completely lit? What boost is it making?

the map i had for my 480 said 123lbs i thought? but i may be remembering wrong #'s

I'll have to do some more checking but at your displacement and rpm and assuming a VE of only 75% and some mediocre intercooling, you could be looking at a HP charger of more like 130 lb/min...very rough calcs.

So the S475 is likely too small on both ends.

i have a duralite intercooler which is about the best without going to a custom ic. detroit and others familiar with dd tell the ve is 88 one of the best big diesels for ve take it for what its worth.

your question about 580 or 586 should be more about the exhaust side, are they the same, your missing 1000rpm's with the 475/96/1.32 based on back pressure in all our opinions.. so if the exhaust is the same for both 500's the smaller compressure will spool faster from less rotating mass..

OK, wow, 88% VE and a good intercooler? That puts you at 126 lb/min mass air flow if the pressure ratio is 3.0.

Also, just saying, 100 psi drive on 80 psi boost is not stellar, but it is far from a train wreck!

What boost is the LP charger making? We know your overall pressure ratio, still need to know what the LP side is doing.

Crap....ran it again, maybe the 475 will work.

Are you getting the 82 completely lit? What boost is it making?

honistlyi havent checked it with the hx 82 because it acts the same as it did with the t18a . the t18 was a 3.6 wheel it made 30psi in the hot pipe. 33psi boost.

Well, you need to check it, to be sure.

Sometimes with twins, people get the HP charger doing too much work and the LP not enough. Sounds like you're not too far off.

One thing you could do is check the drive pressure to the LP charger. If you've got 100 psi drive in the exhaust manifold (HP charger) and it's quite a bit lower in the LP hot side, then you need to gate around the HP turbine. And you may need a big gate.

there is a gated s400 housing waiting for more info but it is 1.36-or-1.40 ar i thought of trying that. would you go bigger on the hp comp i always wonderd ef the 75mm was a restriction to the lp feed?

thats a cheap try and could make a big difference.. i would

Gated housings almost never work as good, as a good external gate....they don't flow near enough, generally speaking. An external gate can be had at 60mm or more and will flow a boat load.

If you have 80 psi boost, pressure ratio = 6.4

If the LP charger is making 33 psi, PR = 3.3.

If you divide those, the HP charger is making PR = 1.9.

I think that suggests that the HP charger might not be doing enough on the compressor. From what I have seen, you want to be more balanced...a tick more output on the compressor, coupled with some relief on the turbine side, may be the ticket for you.

Before I get you too far off track, on another computer I have a better spreadsheet that does compounds and should help more. Let me see if I can get ahold of that and give you better help.

Back