Any more news of Super Revo?

Well, I'm using Innovative Diesels Dynojet 224xLC (Thanks Eric!!!:D). I use the preset "light diesel" load file but will read up on different ways to load it.

That is the exact dyno we use..DJ 224x with a single eddy current load cell.

Our runs we run in manual load mode. We typically run the truck up to 70, then step load it until the charger/s are well lit then begin sampling...and we leave the load on the entire run.

When we do comparison runs we keep the load % exactly the same for all runs...

That is the exact dyno we use..DJ 224x with a single eddy current load cell.

Our runs we run in manual load mode. We typically run the truck up to 70, then step load it until the charger/s are well lit then begin sampling...and we leave the load on the entire run.

When we do comparison runs we keep the load % exactly the same for all runs...

Thanks! I will play with it some the next time.

Guys,
not much to add here right now other than THANKS for the great job you're doing!

On Edit.

OPS, I forgot AGAIN to compare the TNTR / SSR timing levels.
I need to start with saying that the curves are VERY different. That makes a comparision difficult.

The highest timing reached, at WOT highest RPM. OK?

The SSR HL timing # 37 is real close to the timing in TNTR # 7.

BUT the timing for the lower RPM's is on average a couple degrees lower than in the TNTR.

Yeah I know that's not helping much but it's the best I can do.:redx:

Marco

Last edited:
Good info Marco! Thanks!

Looks like my HLT 24 & 25 was fairly conservative....

Good stuff guys keep it coming, i know you 5.9 guys are first... but I'm waiting for it for the 6.7 :)

marco i feel with ssr i have more mid range power but the tnt/r pulled harder on the top end, i even added more fuel

right now my high settings are all at 30, with this the top seems better but still not as good as before

marco i feel with ssr i have more mid range power but the tnt/r pulled harder on the top end, i even added more fuel

right now my high settings are all at 30, with this the top seems better but still not as good as before

Could be the timing thing that Marco posted earlier...Being that HLT 37 is about where SW7 was, Looks like you could stand some more HLT....

That would certainly help you top end charge.....

BUT, a dyno while moving it up slowly would be the safest way to do it...Of course you know that im sure..Just thinking out loud...sorry

Marco...

I did not understand your last comment...I am ready to turn up the timing a bit...and would also like a comparison on the LL. Thanks!

Darn 105 weather...

Could be the timing thing that Marco posted earlier...Being that HLT 37 is about where SW7 was, Looks like you could stand some more HLT....

That would certainly help you top end charge.....

BUT, a dyno while moving it up slowly would be the safest way to do it...Of course you know that im sure..Just thinking out loud...sorry

yeah i added a little more timing top end still seems weak, i think i just need some time to go on a dyno and figure out things that way

c06a4836.jpg

e116aa25.jpg

These some runs from a few weeks ago.

Red = SSR
blue = TNTR

after hld25 no hp was gained or lost. Rail pressure stayed at 26k even at HLD50. Without knowing how much timing we were actually adding, we stopped when we mirrored TNTR's curve.

Is a certain level of timing needed to allow the higher levels of duration?

c06a4836.jpg

e116aa25.jpg

Red = SSR
blue = TNTR

after hld25 no hp was gained or lost. Rail pressure stayed at 26k even at HLD50. Without knowing how much timing we were actually adding, we stopped when we mirrored TNTR's curve.

what settings did you use?

c06a4836.jpg

e116aa25.jpg

Red = SSR
blue = TNTR

I don't think so JP...we ran jasons truck again last night and made 20 runs between HLT 25-45 and HLD 30-50....nothing gained or lost!!!

wierd. like it just stops at a certain point.

I found out what it is...

All the "inflated" numbers we here on the west coast have had within the last 2 years...KARMA finally catching up and putting us back where we belong!!!:doh:

Now I know how the East Coast guys feel when they don't make enough power!!!
:hehe::hehe:

I'm thinking the ecu could be capping the duration against crank angle. If that tag wasn't modified, that would always be the limit.

I'm thinking the ecu could be capping the duration against crank angle. If that tag wasn't modified, that would always be the limit.

Very valid point...wonder if this point might have been overlooked by Marco...

Others need to do just a HLD 30-50 comparison and see if their findings are similar...

if you watch timing with witech and graph it it always peaks at 25degree, i think i can watch injection volume but havent tried yet...

last night on the dyno was a major jab to the spine on the progress of my truck... sometimes i hate being on the ground floor of things.

my truck shall overcome! as all ways.

last night on the dyno was a major jab to the spine on the progress of my truck... sometimes i hate being on the ground floor of things.

my truck shall overcome! as all ways.

Don't worry Jason...we will find it!!!

You and I both know that your setup will make the correct number...we just need to find the right tuning!!!