ARP Installation

It looks like a regular tap so no. you need to go till it bottoms out. You may have to tap, clean, tap, clean to get there, but it beats leaking oil because the valve covers don't seal.

Gere is the Description on it

Manufacturer : Balkamp, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number : 55443
Material : High Carbon Steel
Product Application : Used For Cutting Internal Threads
Tap Size : 14 mm - 2 mm
Tap Type : Bottom / Metric
Contents : (1) Tap

Gere is the Description on it

Manufacturer : Balkamp, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number : 55443
Material : High Carbon Steel
Product Application : Used For Cutting Internal Threads
Tap Size : 14 mm - 2 mm
Tap Type : Bottom / Metric
Contents : (1) Tap

Look at the entire description...

Blacks Diesel will treat you fair if you aren't scared to make a drive. I bet they could schedule you to come in and drive home same day.

Ashley Black is a good guy and I would certainly trust any truck with him, but there has got to be someone closer to Miami than north GA...

Yeah I am not driving that far up to get studs done that is why if anything else I will have to do them myself or find someone in the area who I can at least talk to about it so I have a clue. The valve springs seem to be alot hartder than studs its just this bottom tapping and maching the pedestals has me at a lost

We ran an article on a stud install on a 12-valve a while back in Diesel World (I looked it up and it was the August 2013 issue) so that might help you a little with the install. But it is not inclusive of the entire process...

Maybe you can also remove and send your pedestals up to a machine shop that knows what they are doing then reinstall them. But that will mean more downtime.

Yeah I am not driving that far up to get studs done that is why if anything else I will have to do them myself or find someone in the area who I can at least talk to about it so I have a clue. The valve springs seem to be alot hartder than studs its just this bottom tapping and maching the pedestals has me at a lost

If having the rockers milled and bottom tapping the block gets you lost, I would just pay someone then. You may end up doing the work twice or causing more damage then its worth. It's really not difficult, neither is doing valve springs.

Well I went to a machine shop to ask them to if they would be able to mill the rockers I showed them the diagram and they looked at me funny like if they didnt know what I was talking about so I left. Tapping something doesnt seem difficult just get a drill place the tap at the end and drill down the block just would like a visual so I can be sure.

Seriously man, taps are run by hand. Sounds like you need someone to do it for you. If money is the issue sounds like you should be finding another hobby as the diesel one is expensive, especially if you are stupid.

See there you go lol that what I need just more specifics I just need to figure out the milling of the pedestals of who can do it and knows what to do

Snedge Wachuala a little out there hahahah I need something closer. I understand how you folks feel about it but I was also told the same thing about the hamilton valve springs they said it was going to be difficult and it would be better for someone to do it for you. In reality what ended up happening was one of the guys at cummins forum walked me through it all. All I needed was assistance on how to do Cylinder 1 and 6 and how to get to them he was patient and explained it once I got the jist of it I did all of them. I didnt even know how to get TDC so it was a learning experience but he helped through it all as stupid as it sounds

If you are complaining about a 800 stud install you better work your mechanical skills. It is not hard to do but by what you have said thus far in this post you might save yourself a lot of money in the long run by paying to have it done. Not trying to be a jerk just my suggestion.

Taps are typically run by hand not on a drill...

His post made me laugh out loud at work. :lolly:

I would either start learning and trying things, or start saving for expensive diesel bills because people like to charge a lot more than a car to do the same job on a diesel truck.

Runninlean Not to be a dick either but 800 bucks is alot of money for anybody that works 9-5 if someone guides me I can give it a shot. I dont have a sponsor or do I make a loads of cash an hour. I am trying to learn truly I am that why I asked for a shop in the first place but 800 is a bit step thats double than the studs are worth

Back