ARP Installation

Unfortunately no i wouldnt be able to that is why i was just wondering once he finishes i put the stockers back on then do it in front of my house with the arp

Will he Let you do the job right at his Shop? Shouldn't take all but 2 hours tops

Two hours if there are no issues, you've done head studs a million times, and know what tools you need specifically.

Just go buy some washers to use as spacers, then do it right when you get home. I bet by the time you get your tools out to work at someone else's shop parking lot, feed the bolts in, torque everything, check your valve gaps, and toss the covers back on, you'll be past two hours.
Things take longer when you're not working in a familiar workspace for sure.

I will attempt to do it tommorow i will give him the pedestals today and start the process tommorow i do have a question if i take the center bolts out all 6. How do i start the work from there meaning do i just want till hes done to put them back on or can i start removing the others and doing one at a time to 100 pds till he brings back the center ones

I'd install the new ones in the holes first, and then start doing it one by one. Really, you may have shifted the gasket just by taking those out, but you're probably fine. Just make sure you don't take any more out before replacing those.

I havent removed them yet I was just asking would it be safe. I can do two at a time of thats the case but I would like to get them all done so I can replace the rest.

I think most people that mill them, take all of them off. Obviously to do it the right way, you'd have to remove the head and replace the gasket though, so at this point, anything is a slight risk.

Well gonna have them do it at full throttle performance here in high point nc since no conclusive answer and they had it ready

Just got them done bur what im l just notice is there is oil leakibg from cylinder 1 valve cover coming out the top and the sides ill take a pic when i get a chance

Replace the valve cover gasket and make sure the o-ring for the valve cover bolt is there and not chewed up.

It is leaking real bad im making a 800 mile trip at the moment i hope it will hold till then. I notice now a thumping noise coming from the bottom. Been driven 600 miles so far truck running fine besides that leak its just so weird it would starr leaking after the install

Last edited:
Make sure the surface of the head is real clean, pull the gasket off of the valve cover and make sure there is no dirt inside. They don't seal well with dirt in them.

Well the thumping is still there its comibg off thr turbo i will do the valve lash tommorow once i retorque the bolts to 125pds hopefully there is no damage. Truck made it 800 miles with no problems but vqlve cover is still leaking so i will replace it tommorow

Take the worst valve cover off and look at the ribs/webbing on the top inside of it. Does it look like it's been rubbing? If not, then you should just swap the seals. The blue one's (FelPro) work well, but you almost have to stretch them on.

The Valve cover gasket looks great it feels soft not tight like I thought it would be feels flimsy and the o rings on the bolts are chewed up. I heard the Felpro ones arent worth a **** though I ?have them at my job. Felpro part# VS 50396R

Well I bought the Felpro valve covers from NAPA I will try them on ill see if any leaks on them and they bring the valve cover o rings for the bolts. I called the shop as far as the thumping coming from the intake and they informed me to set the valve lash.

Well I bought the Felpro valve covers from NAPA I will try them on ill see if any leaks on them and they bring the valve cover o rings for the bolts. I called the shop as far as the thumping coming from the intake and they informed me to set the valve lash.

They are the best one's I've found and all auto parts stores usually only carry them.

As for the thumping, definitely do valve lash (not sure why you didn't while the covers were off). If you still keep hearing it, then that's really not a good thing!

What can it be if its still thumping its an odd sound I never noticed before but I will definetely do it. I have put 1000 miles on it so I will do the retorque when I get home just letting the engine cool after that long ride I dont know why valve lash would change when replacing the studs I hope there is no damage done drove slowly and just gave it a few hits

Back