Assembling Project X “the Beetle “ engine

That truck wasnt doing that when Chad Riley had it. LOLLOLLOL

Lets see Joe......Now where did that truck go after that? LOLLOLLOL

I was there at the track that nite. Saw this episode of "American Idol" live.
You have never seen such a botch job of building a diesel race vehicle in your life.

I have never drank the Kool Aid !

????????

It amazes me when i read some of the bashing that goes on in these post by the same people over and over again. It seems so childish and some of you don't even have a intrest in this area of diesels but because greg posted something you have to run and look to see what has been said so you can bash him to get your keyboard toughguy rocks off.

That must really get you feeling good to acomplish this important task of the day to hate on someone. I have had more adult comversations and reactions out of my kids to use common sense and ignore a situation that you dont like or don't want to deal with that you don't have to be involved in. But because you involved yourself and make it a point to involve yourself how much of a fool do you think you look like?

If you think greg is this or that ignore him, go on with your life. Isn't there something else better than folowing his post to lower yourself to childish name calling like children? If he is such a fool and idiot he will go away he will loose intrest the companys he pars with will stop their business with him. Forum members will stop buying from him.

BUT i don't see it happening like that. you'll still continue to act like children and the companys/shops that comp works with for different items will not part ways with him. They would be crazy for all the promoting and advertising that he does and quality parts. The anology of him being a door to door salesman is right he deffinetly beats the bushes and grabs the attention wherever and whenever he can and to whoever that will listen and will not let anyone slow him down.

LIKE MY $.02 OR NOT it wont hurt me or my day to day life. but some need to really look at yourselves and your actions and reflect on them. I try to do that daily in my life because i have children and want them seeing a positive rolemodel that acting like some of you guys will get me/them nowhere in life.

Give it a rest your not changing anything and your not going to change him either your just making yourself look like a bully that has to have someone to pick on to feel good.

It amazes me when i read some of the bashing that goes on in these post by the same people over and over again. It seems so childish and some of you don't even have a intrest in this area of diesels but because greg posted something you have to run and look to see what has been said so you can bash him to get your keyboard toughguy rocks off.

That must really get you feeling good to acomplish this important task of the day to hate on someone. I have had more adult comversations and reactions out of my kids to use common sense and ignore a situation that you dont like or don't want to deal with that you don't have to be involved in. But because you involved yourself and make it a point to involve yourself how much of a fool do you think you look like?

If you think greg is this or that ignore him, go on with your life. Isn't there something else better than folowing his post to lower yourself to childish name calling like children? If he is such a fool and idiot he will go away he will loose intrest the companys he pars with will stop their business with him. Forum members will stop buying from him.

BUT i don't see it happening like that. you'll still continue to act like children and the companys/shops that comp works with for different items will not part ways with him. They would be crazy for all the promoting and advertising that he does and quality parts. The anology of him being a door to door salesman is right he deffinetly beats the bushes and grabs the attention wherever and whenever he can and to whoever that will listen and will not let anyone slow him down.

LIKE MY $.02 OR NOT it wont hurt me or my day to day life. but some need to really look at yourselves and your actions and reflect on them. I try to do that daily in my life because i have children and want them seeing a positive rolemodel that acting like some of you guys will get me/them nowhere in life.

Give it a rest your not changing anything and your not going to change him either your just making yourself look like a bully that has to have someone to pick on to feel good.

Well said.

I think everyone just wants the bragging and " I did this" and" I did that crap to stop.. I normally just read the posts it's amazing one can brag that much and still sleep at night.. I do think he is helping diesel motorsports but maybe just needs to be found instead of advertised.. There are a lot of ppl in this world that have done it before and don't advertise it.. Maybe it was how Greg was raised maybe he does think he's doing more good than bad but let me find the parts if I wanna build my tdi don't post and brag them up.. Greg if you wanna help me out make my dsg bulletproof.. Then I'll be impressed.. Until then I'll just keep reading for entertainment..

I think everyone just wants the bragging and " I did this" and" I did that crap to stop.. I normally just read the posts it's amazing one can brag that much and still sleep at night.. I do think he is helping diesel motorsports but maybe just needs to be found instead of advertised.. There are a lot of ppl in this world that have done it before and don't advertise it.. Maybe it was how Greg was raised maybe he does think he's doing more good than bad but let me find the parts if I wanna build my tdi don't post and brag them up.. Greg if you wanna help me out make my dsg bulletproof.. Then I'll be impressed.. Until then I'll just keep reading for entertainment..

Exactly!

So much for using this thread for info. Have a friend that bought a beetle and wants to play around with it. Just knew where to find so info. Found the thread and its filled with crap. Should have known if Greg starts a thread people will trash it. Guess Ill just have to give a call instead.

The engine is going together just fine. With the short block together, and the new turbo here, and it's huge.

This new KERMA turbo is 46mm, and is Bigger than anyone has ever done on a stock VW TDI frame.
The problem is that with these variable turbo’s, even with the vanes wide open to reduce turbine speed the exhaust drive pressure is still a huge problem.

This is mostly unknown to people running VW’s for the same reason that people in the truck world, lack of data. The most important tool in my toolbox is a data logger. I use the RPM performance Data logger RPM Performance Racing Electronics, Data Loggers Systems, Sensors, Nitrous system 405 495 0454 Randy .

I noticed these problems, and addressed this on the new engine. Big turbo’s can become more manageable when you adjust the passive displacement of the engine How do you do this? First, you in increase the airflow, with improved ports, and cam design. Geoff at Colt Cams Colt Cams - custom camshaft grinding has made huge gains in the TDI cam design, even fixing the problem with the PD cams that seem to self destruct at about 100,000 miles. These cams are available exclusively at KERMA TDI My title 877 537 6283. The air flow improvement make the turbo see a bigger engine.

Next I addressed the excessive drive pressure , and this is available with this new turbo , the cooler EGTS reduced back pressure, and retained heat in the engine will allow the TDI to make inexcess of 200 hp per liter .

The tuning is essential as well, and Kerma has this down pat, Charlie at KERMA is one of the best tuners in the world on TDI. And I recommend his if your wanting to have true custom tunes.

We are getting ready for Hot Rod’s Drag week, and once again being the fastest true street driven TDI in the world. As in every other claimed street machine, this event puts the rubber to the road. No trailer queens, this is 5 days 5 tracks and 1500 miles. Over half of the entry’s do not finish the event.

We are getting ready for Hot Rod’s Drag week, and once again being the fastest true street driven TDI in the world. As in every other claimed street machine, this event puts the rubber to the road. No trailer queens, this is 5 days 5 tracks and 1500 miles. Over half of the entry’s do not finish the event.

Greg Hogue, party of one..... Greg Hogue, party of one..... Your table is ready....

Stop playing TDI Solitaire, come to TDIFest and sit at the banquet table.
Win there, then claim fastest true street driven TDI in the world. :)

Othewise you are literally just blowing smoke!

Most go with a larger frame turbo when going that big...drive pressure problem solved.

So you think 46mm inducer compressor is largest anyone has ran with TDI? Or was that turbine exducer? Fail on both claims. You can do a search on hy35 or gt3267 at tdiclub. And then there is the rest of the world ;)

So you think 46mm inducer compressor is largest anyone has ran with TDI? Or was that turbine exducer? Fail on both claims. You can do a search on hy35 or gt3267 at tdiclub. And then there is the rest of the world ;)

true story:Cheer:

Take it easy on gregy...he's only now coming out of the basement..turbos that big ruin his comb over...LOL

Greg Hogue, party of one..... Greg Hogue, party of one..... Your table is ready....

Stop playing TDI Solitaire, come to TDIFest and sit at the banquet table.
Win there, then claim fastest true street driven TDI in the world. :)

Othewise you are literally just blowing smoke!

I don't think showing up at one race track, and making one killer pass, one time proves anything. Becoming the fastest true street TDI will require true proof that it’s a street machine. Now if you are willing to show up at Hot Rod Magazines Drag Week, make a pass at the first track , and then drive 250 to 300 miles to the next track, and make another pass the next day , and continue doing this for a week , , this is the real proof. Come on old poopie , put the word out , I challenge anyone in the world to show up and turn in a faster average in a TDI at drag week. I didn’t think so. and to drive 2400 miles to run one day at a track full of people that don’t have to race Drag Week the next weekend 2000 mile away, that’s crazy , I plan on averaging faster than any of your buddy’s have ever run. Heck Old poopie , if you’ll show up in indy , you can even ride with me , you might have fun
We are looking in to the logistics to get the car up to , but I will not push it a week before a big event

And this is a stock frame turbo , it has to run on the street remember , but the inducer is 46 mm ,

Greg, ALL of the cars that will be at TDIFest are daily drivers. Every one will be driven all the way to Portland and home again, some coast to coast.
Whats wrong with a larger frame turbo being a daily driver? Mine has been for 3+ years.

I dont have time to do Drag Week, or the funding..... LOL.

Greg, ALL of the cars that will be at TDIFest are daily drivers. Every one will be driven all the way to Portland and home again, some coast to coast.
Whats wrong with a larger frame turbo being a daily driver? Mine has been for 3+ years.

I dont have time to do Drag Week, or the funding..... LOL.

people can claim its a daily driver , Drag week is the only proof

Who decided that attending drag week is the only way to prove it's a fast daily driver? That's pissing on a lot of people with fast daily driven cars/trucks in my opinion.

My truck has over 180,000 miles on it...it's a fukking daily driver AND faster than anything you have running at the moment.