August 9th Gainesville Raceway

Hi Pete,

We're about 35 minutes from the track.

Thanks,
Vivian

Hi,

We'd like to get an idea of how many people to expect on Friday night so we can make plans for food and accommodations. I don't know what's the best way to keep a running total so I'm open for suggestions.

Everyone is welcome and we hope everyone can make it :snoop: I love parties.

If any vendors want to attend, please feel free to bring whatever you like. We have a little bit of area and you can set up. It'll be our pleasure to have you.

Thanks,
Vivian

Anyone know what the rules are for lifted trucks to run some there? Is there a height limit for a truck running a certain speed? What about stacks? They required?

Hey Viv, pm your adress so I can mapquest it. I know you're not that far.

Hi,

We'd like to get an idea of how many people to expect on Friday night so we can make plans for food and accommodations. I don't know what's the best way to keep a running total so I'm open for suggestions.

Everyone is welcome and we hope everyone can make it :snoop: I love parties.

If any vendors want to attend, please feel free to bring whatever you like. We have a little bit of area and you can set up. It'll be our pleasure to have you.

Thanks,
Vivian
Im Game!!! simple directions or an address and im there! im only 5 minutes from exit 368 on i75.

I would barely call that an exit Jesse...lol...I rolled through there this morning though...right by your office :poke:

shrtbed just reminded me..... I know some good places to eat that are real close to my house, and right off of exit 374 :D

Anyone know what the rules are for lifted trucks to run some there? Is there a height limit for a truck running a certain speed? What about stacks? They required?

We follow NHRA rules, I will look up the exact rules for crank height. The big thing will be tires, most tracks will not allow you to have aggressive lug pattern. It's very hard on the rubber launch pad......

I think we are doing the meet and greet Friday Evening ...... That way the adult beverages do not interfere with the racing.

I would like to thank Diesel Site for stepping up in a big way as Title Sponsor for this event. Diesel Site

Without sponsors we would not be able to have the great events that we do! Please thank and support the sponsors that support us!

We follow NHRA rules, I will look up the exact rules for crank height. The big thing will be tires, most tracks will not allow you to have aggressive lug pattern. It's very hard on the rubber launch pad......

Cool. I would like to run. But not sure they will allow it. Bradenton let me run twice, but were complaining about the smoke blowing straight on the track and crank height vs. weight.

Cool. I would like to run. But not sure they will allow it. Bradenton let me run twice, but were complaining about the smoke blowing straight on the track and crank height vs. weight.

This is scanned and cut from PAGE 61 of the 2008 NHRA Rulebook

1:2 ENGINE
Classes limited to automotive engines only unless otherwise stated under Class Requirements. Contestants in weight-to-cubic-inch classes must claim cubic-inch displacement of engine used; under no circumstances may claimed displacement exceed actual displacement by more than 5 cubic inches. No allowance for overbore; any part of a cubic inch is rounded off to the next highest inch (i.e., 301.2 = 302). If engine size is changed during a race, competitor must report to Technical Department supervisor before a run is attempted. Crankshaft centerline must not exceed 24 inches from ground in any class, except trucks. Maximum height 36 inches for trucks running 12.00 and slower; 31 inches for trucks running 11.99 to 10.00; and 24 Inches for trucks running 9.99 seconds and quicker. Engine must be mounted to frame by a minimum of two 3/8-inch-diameter Grade 5 bolts. Valvetrain must incorporate conventional automotive coil spring design; pneumatic-type valvetrains are prohibited in all classes. All classes, with the exception of Stock and E.T. cars slower than 10.99 seconds, harmonic balancer meeting SFI Spec 18.1 or solid metallic hub mandatory. All cars with pressed-on front harmonic balancers must have such installed to protect accidental loss (i.e., drilled and bolted). Ceramic bearings prohibited in all NHRA categories.

Maximum height 36 inches for trucks running 12.00 and slower; 31 inches for trucks running 11.99 to 10.00; and 24 Inches for trucks running 9.99 seconds and quicker. [/QUOTE]

Well dang it!!! Guess that counts me out. I might try and mount some "little" 36" tires on the truck and see what height I am at.

Maximum height 36 inches for trucks running 12.00 and slower; 31 inches for trucks running 11.99 to 10.00; and 24 Inches for trucks running 9.99 seconds and quicker.

QUOTE]if thats your truck in your avatar you'll need 4 lug 13in to get in!!!!!!!

Back