August 9th Gainesville Raceway

Good Morning,

We are also getting together at our house on Friday, August 8th.

If anyone would like to join us, please PM, email or call for the address. Being that it is our home, we don't feel confident about posting the address on the net but everyone is welcome!

Thanks,
Vivian

I'm coming to the pre party!! Not sure about what time yet. Will need to map quest and see how long of a drive it is to Looney house party.:Cheer: Also bring a buddy with us.

Last edited:
This is scanned and cut from PAGE 61 of the 2008 NHRA Rulebook

1:2 ENGINE
Maximum height 36 inches for trucks running 12.00 and slower; 31 inches for trucks running 11.99 to 10.00; and 24 Inches for trucks running 9.99 seconds and quicker.

I just measured a 2003 Dodge 2500 with a leveling kit on the front and 35" tires. The crank measured 36" from the ground. Seems like any lifted trucks that have done some engine mods and want to race will be breaking the rules.

Most trucks lifted will be in the 12.5 -13 range at best. Understand I said MOST. These rules are set by the NHRA for the safety of the spectator and competitor alike, and for that we should all be thankful.

So I got a room with two beds @ the Clarion Inn and Conference in Gainesville. Two beds for around $70 a night with a AAA rate. So im sure Twisted Shifter should be able to get a group rate there if you guys are interested. Their website is http://www.gainesvillehotelconferencecenter.com/. Let me know if ya'll have any questions.

So it sounds like everyone is meeting somewhere Friday night. Whats the plan?

I also got a room here for Friday and Saturday.

Anybody coming with a travel trailer, I have an extra full RV hook up 30amp service at my house.

$70.00 a night...

Is DJ and Vivian still having a party? I wanna make sure, if not I won't need a hotel room or babysitter for Friday night.

They are on vacation right now. Yes we are still having a meet and greet Friday night at DJ and Vivian's.

Anybody know what time it starts? Vivian gave me directions... but i guess forgot a time.....

...... i need to know a time so I know when to ice down the kegs ;D :Cheer:

I just wonder if maybe we could lure the Banks truck to the famed Gainesville Raceway to race Darren's little S-10?? That would be a great matchup, and who could think of a better place to do it?? Inquiring mind's want to know.