Bad DTT tranny problems...HELP

DOUBLE NICKEL

I have a full billet DTT tranny and just today started shifting bad and making noises and is locked in drive. When in neutral it is still in drive and when in reverse it acts like it is in neutral but there is a load on the engine...also when it is in park there is a load. The only thing that keeps it from moving in park is the park lock. Any suggestions to what might be wrong? Anything will help?

valvebody, clutch packs not set correctly,shift linkage not set right,ETC......

trailer it to Chris and hope DTT takes care of it :poke:

or take it back to the guy who originally built it and hope you aren't charged out the azz. :badidea:

973604x4 said:
trailer it to Chris and hope DTT takes care of it :poke:

or take it back to the guy who originally built it and hope you aren't charged out the azz. :badidea:
The tranny was built by James Northam, but it has been in the truck for more than two years. Is there anyway it might still be covered under warranty?

Well, that sucks. I guess we'll just have to see what he says. Do you have his cell number? If so, can you PM it to me? Thanks

3rd gear clutch pack is stuck in gear, towed a pick up to canada for the same thing last year.

Welded the clutches is my guess. I am thinking the rear clutch pack is welded.

The rear clutch is engaged for all forward gears. So basically in neutral the rear clutch is still applied, and the overunning clutch for low is stuck. When in Park your in gear trying to move against the park sprag, and when you go to reverse your applying the front clutch, rear clutch and the low band. All are pretty much bind up conditions. Were you pulling a load or getting on it when it happened?

Something tells me that tug of war at heatwave this year probably didn't help. LOL Good luck on getting it fixed.

I was doing nothing but normal driving. I noticed today at lunch that it was shifting wierd and making noise going into 2nd. Okay so we got under the truck and moved the linkage and now park, reverse, and nuetral are fine but there is no drive until about 10 sec...then it will move if you give it a little throttle...but will not shift from 2nd to 3rd and it is slipping.

What is the fluid level? I remember it smelled burnt. What kind of converter is in that truck?

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
I was doing nothing but normal driving. I noticed today at lunch that it was shifting wierd and making noise going into 2nd. Okay so we got under the truck and moved the linkage and now park, reverse, and nuetral are fine but there is no drive until about 10 sec...then it will move if you give it a little throttle...but will not shift from 2nd to 3rd and it is slipping.

Well, it's not totally toast.....YET!:doh:

I have no idea what converter is in it. I am hoping that it is just the linkage but being the way the tranny sounds and the noises it makes I don't really think that it is.

Fluid level is a little bellow normal and there is tranny fluid on the pan...but not enough to drip. It's just wet if you run your finger across it.

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
Fluid level is a little bellow normal and there is tranny fluid on the pan...but not enough to drip. It's just wet if you run your finger across it.

Leaking out the front pump seal for sure. If it takes awhile to move, then the converter is draining back at a rapid pace or the pump and/or bushings are going out.

So I guess it's just best to take it in and have it checked out or should I see about replacing the linkage first and see what that does?

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
So I guess it's just best to take it in and have it checked out or should I see about replacing the linkage first and see what that does?

Sorry buddy.....My expert opinion:)hehe: ) says it's not the linkage.

GUNNAR said:
Sorry buddy.....My expert opinion:)hehe: ) says it's not the linkage.

Yeah pretty sure your right...:doh: This is probrably going to drain the pocket book... ya think?