Bad DTT tranny problems...HELP

LAmiller said:
Tim Barber has told me that as long as no hard parts are damaged he would pull my transmission COMPLETELY refresh it and the most it would cost is $1600.

Lavon

Im not doubting you, but im a former James Trans Tech customer, who is the original DTT builder.....infact i even used to sell parts for the guy.

Well the tranny has been in the truck for more than 2 years I believe so I don't know if warranty is there for me. So will Chris not work on it?

James is the only one left......hmmm wonder if there is a reason for that.....

Chris would work on it...so would Bobby at DarkSide....and I guarantee both of those are cheaper than the "other guy" IF theres no warranty work....which im almost sure of.

Good luck buddy

Something happened and Chris isn't a dealer anymore.....I'm just saying there could be a reason theres only 1 guy left....company hard to work with, who knows....im just assuming.

I have my own opinions of them, seems many of the people I have talked to have similar opinions also.

The first tranny I smoked I orded a rebuild kit off the internet for like $150 and borrowed the manual from the dealer ship and put in a used torque converter that was still good. It wasnt built strong but It got me from point a to point b cheap. I did all the work myself so I didnt have to pay labor. If you are mechanics expereince that is what I would do but if not buy a buddy a 24 pack to help.

I wouldn't let ryan change my oil much less work on a tranny. LOL

Chris will work on your tranny but you won't have a chance to get it under warranty if in fact it is a warrantiable part.

Well if it is not under warranty which im sure it is not then I will most likely take it to Chris...he is alot closer. Who knows might even have him do a little more stuff to it...:rockwoot:

By the way Tyler I am very capable of working on my truck and I do change my own oil...but I will admit I know nothing about auto tranny's...:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I did talk to James this morning and he said to check the cable first by having someone get in the truck and put it in neutral and hold the brake and have someone get under and go from reverse to drive and see if it engages. We kinda tried that lastnight and it did nothing so im sure that is not the problem. I will probrably take it to Chris if it is not warrantied since it is quite a bit closer.

973604x4 said:
naaaahh....tranny is an easy fix. its called HTS. You know where my old HTS is right now....powering a school bus all over the state. LOL LOL
Technically central united states, ive been workin in kansas oklahoma and texas with that trans

SCHOOL BUS said:
Technically central united states, ive been workin in kansas oklahoma and texas with that trans

I was going to say the whole country but i figured you were smart enough not to venture into Yankee territory! :hehe:

Well I will be taking the truck to James on sunday. I will let ya'll know when I find out what is going on with it...

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have over 100K on James's tranny's.....yes two, I sheared the teeth off the stock hub of the original build in the fall of 03' right before I drove to Canada, that is the last time it was freshened.

Jim

Mine is still holding up 20k+ later. Rj's is still holding up as well and he's got over 100k on his I believe and I know he beats the hell out of his. I've ridden with him. LOL