Bad DTT tranny problems...HELP

Well this is the first problem with this tranny. Not sure how many miles were on the truck when it was put in but I know it had very few and it now sits at 92K and some change.I just hope it's not something expensive and that he will help me out everyway he can...I mean this truck has a $11,000 dollar tranny and should not be breaking but parts do wear out over time so that's to be expected and lord knows I don't have thousands to fix it!

Double J said:
You're on the same clutch packs from 03? :aiwebs_016:

Yep, heavy 5 3/.084's and 2/.093 for the direct and 6 clutch O/D......the truck was at 670 hp then and has done nothing but go up in HP!

The only other thing I have done is change the fluid(ford type) and filter once a year and run the bands.

When I pulled the tranny last summer to fix the blown rear freeze plug, Bill K. wanted the converter to look at, I said it was fine and put it back in.

Jim

DOUBLE NICKEL said:
Well this is the first problem with this tranny. Not sure how many miles were on the truck when it was put in but I know it had very few and it now sits at 92K and some change.I just hope it's not something expensive and that he will help me out everyway he can...I mean this truck has a $11,000 dollar tranny and should not be breaking but parts do wear out over time so that's to be expected and lord knows I don't have thousands to fix it!

You wrote your truck has an $11k transmission, must have some high tech stuff in it. Sure hope your problem has good ending.

Jim Fulmer said:
Yep, heavy 5 3/.084's and 2/.093 for the direct and 6 clutch O/D......the truck was at 670 hp then and has done nothing but go up in HP!

The only other thing I have done is change the fluid(ford type) and filter once a year and run the bands.

When I pulled the tranny last summer to fix the blown rear freeze plug, Bill K. wanted the converter to look at, I said it was fine and put it back in.

Jim

How many miles have you put on it at those power levels.

Opie said:
You wrote your truck has an $11k transmission, must have some high tech stuff in it. Sure hope your problem has good ending.

Yeah it is full billet...the only thing not billet is the housing...which you don't need. It also has the in cab trans cammander with 2nd and 3rd gear lockup...

yea James charges out the ass on the trans. i got screwed too. does anybody think its fishy that 2 big name, long time DTT supporters have had good luck with a James trans? converter and crank bolts have backed out of 2 trucks out of James' shop. James charged the other guy 2k to put it back together claiming faulty lock tight...and yall can read the thread about what happened in my situation. good luck Double Nickel...your gonna need it.

For 11K I'd throw a Bruno/Lenco in it or something....or buy that same trans for 1/2 that from someone else and have a ton of cash for other stuff left over. LOL

was 11k the original build or was it the original bill plus the expense of the blown stock flexplate that equals 11k?

now yall don't tear Ryan a new one... He is just going off of what the guy who sold him the truck said

973604x4 said:
was 11k the original build or was it the original bill plus the expense of the blown stock flexplate that equals 11k?

That includes all the work ever done to the tranny...tranny itself was around 8K I believe...it really doesent matter, I just want my truck fixed for a reasonable price and for it to last. I had good luck with it up until now. Who know's it might just be something minor...atleast I hope that is what it is.

zstroken said:
How many miles have you put on it at those power levels.

Dang I'm going to have to think here: First built at 77K, put 40K on it....I think...might be 45K. Rebuilt in Aug of 03' with Billet input, then Canada and back, new short block Feb 05' at 138K and 180K is on the clock right now.......call that a thinking play by play!

Jim

Alright well the truck was supposed to be hauled to James sunday, but I couldn't get ahold of the guy who was suppose to haul it for me. If I would have known that James said he would have been at my house at 7:00 sunday morning. Well I now am without a truck for another week but found a trailer so I will be hauling it up there this weekend finally.

We passed you going up there sunday. We were going into waco and Casey said, "Look at that, that sucks!" LOL

Did you really? I was going to give you a call when we got near West in case you wanted to laugh at Ryan's truck and see mine actually pulling another truck on a trailer and not be the one getting towed! LOL

I didn't realize eric knew how to pull a trailer. LOL Let us know what you find out.

Ok guy's I will keep ya'll posted. Should hear from him by tomorrow. I will post pics later on of my truck on the trailer so that big smoky will be happy.

Back