banks at sema (look out BO)

Or it's for "marketing" which, if false (meaning not actually intstalled) would be quite unethical.

Hey Big Thumper- what turbos are those? If you are allowed to tell.

Believe they are 32's with a magnesium housing. Its by Garret, but Garret doesnt offer it. They released them at the 2007 SEMA show, but still havent put them on the shelf... Talk about quick to spool! Each turbo works off 4 cylinders... obviously... and thats only 64mm of turbo total! 32 plus 32.... 64, right?

That's like saying 2 .050 nitrous jets equals a single .100 jet.
Ummmm....no.

Ok, let's see if my memory is working today. Two Coffee Monsters was a bad idea for typing, so excuse any typos.

There haven't been any real problems with the Bruno/Liberty setup in the S-10, it's just that the clutch setup is going to give us more power delivered to the rear end, and we can get the engine RPM up much faster with it unloaded rather than loading a torque converter. I probably can't tell you exactly how fast, but the Duramax in the S-10, and what will go in the rail, gains revs like there's no tomorrow.

The 6-Gun knob on the dash isn't actually for a Six-Gun tuner. We've got far more advanced stuff for tuning these race engines. The knob actually controls the brightness on the EFI Dash, so it is a working knob, not just thrown in there; but it's a clever little addition to the dash that works both for marketing and gives people a chuckle. When we thought about it we all laughed, so we hoped it would go over well.

Chuck, the EFI dash was the man's call. The carbon gauges do look real good, but it just wasn't mean to be. They're sitting on my desk right now making it look raced out. Hopefully the EFI dash looks good, I'm hoping so. Matt and I wanted to program it so that where the RPM bar fills in, it would read "Wes Anderson" so Wes could shift when he sees his name...but that's just a goof.

And CC12V, there's no CNG on this thing. The closest this rail or the S-10 ever gets to CNG is when the forklifts running propane drive by them. And in all likelihood, the turbos will be the same ones used on the S-10; the engine, for the most part, is going to be exactly what's used in the S-10, so it wouldn't make sense to use different turbos.

Ok, I think that's everyone covered...

That's like saying 2 .050 nitrous jets equals a single .100 jet.
Ummmm....no.

Correct, the area/volume of a single 64mm inlet is much greater than that of two 32mm inlets.

Area of a 32mm inlet, A=pi x r x r
So, A = 3.14 x 32/2 x 32/2
A= 3.14 x 256
A= +/- 804.25 mm2
If you've got two, 1608.5 mm2

For a 64mm inlet, A = +/- 3217 mm2

Not exactly the same. You'd need four 32mm inlets to equal one 64mm inlet for area; so assuming it's just a hole, your 64mm is going to allow much more air flow. But then again, I'm not an engineer or anything, I just know a little math stuff.

Same thing that's on the truck - overgrown version of the TR30R Garrett.

No magnesium housing or any other strange things you might've heard.

Someone needs to study up on Euclid.

Someone needs to study up on Euclid.

F*cking there you go again with your engineering B$...why don't you just go around calling people a tool when they deserve it? Oh wait, unprofessional, I remember now.

But serious, isn't this like high school geometry stuffs?

:badidea::badidea:Bo is one hell of a race car driver. Just look at what the car did before he arrived and after. Those guys dont need nitrus to beat anybody. they have got their stuff figured out up there at Scheid. Go Bo:nos::badidea:

:badidea::badidea:Bo is one hell of a race car driver. Just look at what the car did before he arrived and after. Those guys dont need nitrus to beat anybody. they have got their stuff figured out up there at Scheid. Go Bo:nos::badidea:

wat

Do us a favor, and run into a brick wall please.

I have a question for all you Nitrous is bad folks......

Please explain to me how you guys consider Nitrous to be such a crutch yet think water is not. just wondering

Water is used to maintain optimal temp in the cylinder. NOS is used for power that you cant make.:badidea::nos:

And CC12V, there's no CNG on this thing. The closest this rail or the S-10 ever gets to CNG is when the forklifts running propane drive by them. And in all likelihood, the turbos will be the same ones used on the S-10; the engine, for the most part, is going to be exactly what's used in the S-10, so it wouldn't make sense to use different turbos.

Ok, I think that's everyone covered...

So what Im gathering in this all is that, there is no cng of any type on the s-10????? I have herd that 1 of those bottles are CNG and the other 2 are nitrous???? if so 90lbs of nitrous is nuts. (gotta cover up that smoke some how) cause did gale say " we are going through pistons like its a good thing.We`re not changing them every run like I did with my nitro-burning rails and drag boats, but we`re changing them too damn often for a diesel"...that came strait from Mr.Banks in the Dec. issue of diesel power mag....pg# 56 that is......LOL

So what Im gathering in this all is that, there is no cng of any type on the s-10????? I have herd that 1 of those bottles are CNG and the other 2 are nitrous???? if so 90lbs of nitrous is nuts. (gotta cover up that smoke some how) cause did gale say " we are going through pistons like its a good thing.We`re not changing them every run like I did with my nitro-burning rails and drag boats, but we`re changing them too damn often for a diesel"...that came strait from Mr.Banks in the Dec. issue of diesel power mag....pg# 56 that is......LOL

That's right, no CNG, propane, LNG on the S-10. All 3 bottles are nitrous.

90 lbs? They are each 12 lb bottles. 36 lbs total capacity -- doesn't mean that all 36 lbs is used in a single run though.

Piston issue has nothing to do with the nitrous.

Water is used to maintain optimal temp in the cylinder. NOS is used for power that you cant make.:badidea::nos:

My good man, how is life in the land of denile :D .... is not water used to allow the engine to make MORE POWER than without use of water.

"NOS is used for power that you cant make"...... replace NOS with the word water and the sentence still works.

Water is used for power levels that can't be made without it

Last edited:
Isn't denile a river? :D

In the case of Keatings truck, the water was used to cool the air since no intercooler was present. Cool the air, more power, right?

How many gassers are using water?