Banks Technicooler & High Ram

OT-OF-Here

Owner of the Black Beach
Who has this setup with the 3 1/2" High Ram and how happy are you with it? Did you notice a bit lower EGTs? Is power under boost improved? Finally, is it worth the $$$ & did you get the whole kit as described on their web site or did they screw up your delivery?

Hmmm!

I had no idea this would be such a popular product to ask questions about. Maybe Banks will see this and offer us a group buy deal with all this interest. Ya think!!??

I have the intercooler, i got a good deal on it used. It kept my egts from rising as fast. Since i put the twins on i do not have egt prob

happy with mine- fit good
$1100 for 3.5 inlet and outlet intercooler pipes + intake horn (smoking deal imho)

$ 1100 for entire intake kit for 3rd gen, $700 for a twinram intake horn for a 12v.... F^ck you gale

Banks pricing

A few years ago I believe they were selling for $875 for both! The economy goes south and the price goes up. Nice strategy. I keep calling back every six months to see if they have been watching Wallstreet Today. I never heard of anyone making money with inventory sitting on the shelf.

$ 1100 for entire intake kit for 3rd gen, $700 for a twinram intake horn for a 12v.... F^ck you gale

I can only assume from the above post you have no clue what you're talking about. $1100 includes the 3.5 inch high ram manifold, 3.5 inch boost tubes AND the intercooler. None of it fits on the 12V.

A few years ago I believe they were selling for $875 for both! The economy goes south and the price goes up. Nice strategy. I keep calling back every six months to see if they have been watching Wallstreet Today. I never heard of anyone making money with inventory sitting on the shelf.

UMMMM.....no. The intercoolers were never that cheap. Here's the pricing from XDP:
Xtreme Diesel Performance - XDP Diesel Power Performance Parts - Turbo Upgrades

Banks: $1229 (includes core, boost tubes, boots, and manifold)

AFE: $1149 (intercooler core and boots only)

BD: $1443 (includes core and boots only)

ATS: $1325 (includes core and boots only)

Spearco: $1450 (includes core and boots only)

Last edited:
I run the kit on my truck seems to work GREAT anyone want to line up lol.....

I'll run you just got to come to Albuquerque or meet in Arizona lol u will but I'll line up with you. I'm not tryin to start or say anything bad about banks but my friends got the banks kit on his truck and was working good we were board one day put my home made intake horn and htt intercooler and it made the same power with 6 less psi and 150 degress cooler then what his banks did.

I got my kit for I think 1100 back in 05 I think. I've been very happy with it except one of the top mounting brackets was broke off and missing (or we could've welded it on). I called banks and they said is was the shippers problem. We have a local store so I took the box in and they said they wouldn't do anything because the broken piece was missing. Luckily the other tab keeps it mounted good. Other than that it's worked great. Keeps the temps cool...

I can only assume from the above post you have no clue what you're talking about. $1100 includes the 3.5 inch high ram manifold, 3.5 inch boost tubes AND the intercooler. None of it fits on the 12V.

I think what he is trying to say is $700 buys an intake horn for a 12 valve and for $400-500 more you get an entire intercooler, pipes, boots and intake horn for a commonrail. :bang

hey banks boy, read it again.... INTAKE KIT

KIT KIT KIT

u see that ^ KIT

tubes inter cooler and horn $1100 bucks

$750 for twin ram.....

stuff it sides again GALE

whats that useless banks power pack worth these days too by the way ?

"look, banks has a 6 page add as soon as you open up an issue of diesel power.... they GOTTA be the best.... just look at all these test results....."

too bad half the competition is omitted....

Air horn/intercooler kit

whats that useless banks power pack worth these days too by the way ?

"look, banks has a 6 page add as soon as you open up an issue of diesel power.... they GOTTA be the best.... just look at all these test results....."

too bad half the competition is omitted....

And who would the other half be that was omitted from the Banks ad in Diesel Power?

hey banks boy, read it again.... INTAKE KIT

KIT KIT KIT

u see that ^ KIT

tubes inter cooler and horn $1100 bucks

$750 for twin ram.....

stuff it sides again GALE

Oh well looky here...another internet tough guy. It seems you're more than a little confused here Mr. Wizard. Allow me to illustrate.

This is an intake kit:
ram-Air-sScoop.jpg

And this is an INTERCOOLER kit:
banksic.jpg

is this clear enough for you or would you prefer a drawing in crayon?

Banks stuff just makes me giggle!!

I read the other day that their rated pressure drop of the High Ram intake was at a flow rate of something like 800 or 850 CFM to make comparisons to the stocker and competitors pieces.

The funny thing...there is NEVER 800 CFM going through that piece...shoot, on my truck with twins and 60 psi of boost @ 3200 RPM, the engine can only consume 331 CFM....hmmm don't you just love marketing!!!

The funny thing...there is NEVER 800 CFM going through that piece...shoot, on my truck with twins and 60 psi of boost @ 3200 RPM, the engine can only consume 331 CFM....hmmm don't you just love marketing!!!

with that being said is there any need at all for any type of intake air horn?
And would doing a twin horn actually hurt performance as it decreases velocity by doubling the volume of the horn, or are they still less volume then the up pipe?

Anybody have any idea when the stock air horns start to limit flow? even at 100% volumetiric efficiency the 5.9 can only consume like 520 cfm @ 5000 rpm.