Banks Technicooler & High Ram

If you're going to continue to pimp your products on here why don't you send tim and phil some money for a sponsorship instead of trying to take away business from those who do pay.

If you're going to continue to pimp your products on here why don't you send tim and phil some money for a sponsorship instead of trying to take away business from those who do pay.

I am allowed to answer questions about our products which is what this thread is about.

i would accept it, and yeah i said Gale knows what he is doing on HIS OWN vehicles, and also i said that the BIG HOSS intake manifolds work, but to say your intake horn is the highest flowing on the market, and all the testing was done by Banks leads everyone to believe that it is marketing and advertisement ploys to push the consumer towards Banks.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Answering questions is one thing, and whoring out products for the company that you work for is another.

You are wasting your time trying to convice this crowd, cowboy.

and the rest of the forum will agree that guys like Joe Hellman dont come on here and spout off about having the highest flowing anything. most guys who know there stuff rocks are some of the most humble people in the world. you dont see Chip Foose saying he is the best, he will tell you his father is.it is people like that that deserve the consumers money, not a company that make allegations that they have the best and cant back it up. just because Gale has a fast truck that is his own toy does not mean he is making the best products.

Ok , I’m the last one that most would think would have to agree with Barke,
but the people that want to follow a urban myth that Banks products is not well engineered , your going off of the herd mentality .

I just have to put my 2 cents worth in for the guys I know out there, the ones that do the work. GBE shipped more products each day then most of the rest of the diesel manufactures combined. The demographic of the customers is not one wanting big hp, but responsible power, for pulling travel trailers, and horse trailers. These people don’t want smoke, and don’t want to break parts . They buy because of good marketing . If you beleive that people shoudn't market , then why doe every diesel event have a sponsor.

I’ve seen the airflow engineers at GBE beat on the flow bench, and then print , and I said print on a 3D printer a new intake part to find a few CFM. These guys are for the most part the best engineers in their field, and they get paid like it as well.

I’ve seen them beat on a engine on the engine dyno for days, 8 to 10 hours a day .

I have used the TechnoCooler system on project X and the results on the data logger were significant.

Remember “It’s not bragging if you can do it” , and no one got to being at the top of their game by being meek .

If you’re in business, your there to make money, and marketing departments are there for a reason. all of the big diesel company’s on here, have marketing departments . The people that don’t do this in business are called only one thing, out of business.

Flame all you want, I am so sick of ignorant people who know very little , but repeat the gossip.

GBE shipped more products each day then most of the rest of the diesel manufactures combined.

Because of:

They buy because of good marketing .

Not necesarily a better, more engineered product.

I have used the TechnoCooler system on project X and the results on the data logger were significant.

But did you datalog or even try anything besides stock?

I don't think anyone doubts that a better intercooler won't help.

I didn’t test anyone else’s intercooler; I wasn’t out to prove anything, but I did see the results off the flow bench for the others , and you can claim they doctored it , but I don’t see them doing that. Thank about this if they did make false graphs, then anyone else could do the same test , and prove them to be liars , and guilty of false advertising.

People don’t buy $20,000 flow benches to make up results; they use the flow benches to make gains in flow. Who else that builds intercoolers even has a big flow bench. If someone else did, they would be on her showing the results, but that hasn’t happened in all the years of this urban myth.

Here is a picture of GBE’s dyno facility, I’ve been around engine development and engine dyno’s for 20 years , and there is not one dyno facility in the country to match theirs ,

Again I not doing this to take up their cause, I’m just tired of people who can’t help but show their ignorance. And the fact that GBE is fielding two race cars , and sponsoring races in the diesel world

02_Engine_dyno_jpg-1.jpg

how about this, Wilsons Manifolds has been doing manifolds for over 30 years, more winning race teams, engine builders and sanctioned race bodies run there manifolds, those guys are craftsmen who build some of the best intake manifolds on the planet. so when GBE claims that there intake horn flows alot more cfm than a intake horn and intake plate built by the best in the buisness, then people will step up and want to see unbias proof. remember this there is always someone swinging a bigger d1ck or a faster car.

Last edited:
how about this, Wilsons Manifolds has been doing manifolds for over 30 years, more winning race teams, engine builders and sanctioned race bodies run there manifolds, those guys are craftsmen who build some of the best intake manifolds on the planet. so when GBE claims that there intake horn flows alot more cfm than a intake horn and intake plate built by the best in the buisness, then people will step up and want to see unbias proof. remember this there is always someone swinging a bigger d1ck or a faster car.

I’ve use Wilson manifolds, here is one from a project I helped with, and its a $5000 work of art ,but it was 5 hp back of the Hogan manifold , but manifolds made almost 800 hp from a single carbed 292 inch small block on gasoline .

DSCN1504.jpg

Wilson has some big flow benches. I would bet that if they weren’t too busy doing $150,000 heads for Pro Stock engines, they would concentrate of diesel, but I'm sure that they aren’t losing sleep over it.

You all begin this argument by stipulating that GBE must be lying, and that GBE is not capable of doing the work. If you knew the facts, and had ever been to Gale’s campus in Azusa, you would understand that most , of the urban myth is just that myth perpetrated by people that want to run with the herd .

I am going to have to go back to Kool-Aid rehab now , are you happy

Here is a picture of GBE’s dyno facility, I’ve been around engine development and engine dyno’s for 20 years , and there is not one dyno facility in the country to match theirs

02_Engine_dyno_jpg-1.jpg

Well, that settles it Gentlemen and ladies. There you have it. CumminG's, Detroit, Volvo/Mack,Cat,EMD,GE and numerous others dyno facilities are "Chit" compared to banks.LOL:chug:

they have 4 of them, and GM , CARB, and a few diesel manufactures , not to be named , use their dyno. Have you ever their facility, for that matter have you seen any of the ones you mentioned.

Have you ever used a GBE product, and if so for what it was intended.
Do you have first hand knowledge of one of their products, or are you just carrying on the myth.

Again, I’m not defending them, I’m just tird of the assumptions, by people that have zero firsthand knowledge , GBE has some really great people , some I don’t see I to eye with , But they are the real deal , highly educated engineers with years of experience in other engine programs from INDYCAR to NASCAR . Gale hires some good people. And they don’t just make a product to be what people on here describe

Oh no , I’m really off the wagon now

they have 4 of them, and GM , CARB, and a few diesel manufactures , not to be named , use their dyno. Have you ever their facility, for that matter have you seen any of the ones you mentioned.

Have you ever used a GBE product, and if so for what it was intended.
Do you have first hand knowledge of one of their products, or are you just carrying on the myth.

Again, I’m not defending them, I’m just tird of the assumptions, by people that have zero firsthand knowledge , GBE has some really great people , some I don’t see I to eye with , But they are the real deal , highly educated engineers with years of experience in other engine programs from INDYCAR to NASCAR . Gale hires some good people. And they don’t just make a product to be what people on here describe

Oh no , I’m really off the wagon now

Yes Greg, I have seen G E's Dyno Facility to name one. The other's are very "ultra high double secret probation type's". I can't mention the other Skunk works projects. Greg, is it a secret that Penske and Gale are pals. That Syn-diesel will make you fall off the wagon.

look at the numbers they use in the adds on the diesel power pages...... strange how there products are designed to reduce restrictions... BUT magiclly of course... the boost psi goes up..... HMMMMMMMMMM

jbarker,

I'm just curious if the problem with the manifolds breaking when torquing down the nuts on the studs has been fixed. I have one that broke one of the mounting tabs in the fat part of the intake. It got welded back in place and then sure enough, within a year, the other one broke through with no way of getting it welded back right and not looking like ass. I did like running it but there's no way I'm paying for another one with what looks like the same mounting thats already broke on me twice. Maybe I got a bad casting on the manifold but I'm not taking a chance on that happening again.

In your graph with no grid heater, what are you using as a spacer for the one line of results?