Big Sky Truck Fest - August 25th Billings Montana

bif i'm just giving you crap, doesnt look any of our trucks will be ready after this last weekend so i will be having a drink in hand all weekend

i will be there Friday-Sunday if anyone needs anything

i might have to build my truck for the super diesel class just to mix it up a little, best thing is i can keep my hood stack LOL

WTH Lance, what happened to the trucks last weekend?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Looking forward to catching up with old freinds and meeting new ones. See you guys in a few days

Really looking forward to this, really hope there are more than 16 trucks in Super Diesel so I can go up against Verlon in the first round in the random pairing. That's the only chance I have to catch him in the points race. Get him out early and hope I can go on and win the event. Tall order but the only chance I have. There will be some other good trucks there as well, young guns with quick reflexes. :eek:

Wade Moody was in SLC this weekend at the Rocky Mtn event. Would be great if he could come to Billings and get qualified for the World Finals in Ennis. Doubt his, "handler" will allow it however.:(

You know you really should keep your comments to yourself.

BTW looks like your "handler" kept YOU from SLC....:kick:

Well Rob, I am beginning to understand how you feel when you go and race. It seems everyone wants a piece of me, or to help someone who does.

Bring it on Boys, that's what racing is all about. Best bring your AAA+ game cause I fully intend to win the rest of my races amd repeat as world champ.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Remember that when Ennis comes back around, there will be some serious contenders

Ken, converter was too tight and couldnt spool on the line. then and injector nozzle worked its self loose and was fix'd in the pits before eliminations started

Should be at the track this weekend in Spokane doing some test~n~tune in the crew cab though

Last edited:
You know you really should keep your comments to yourself.

BTW looks like your "handler" kept YOU from SLC....:kick:

No one is my handler Wade. You are just afraid to come to any event where you might have to actually race someone. You might have a 7 sec truck, but that 3 seconds it takes you to launch might not work too well in a real race.

We realized that we had wrong gate times on the advance ticket sales

Gates open at Noon and competition at 1pm

After we are done with event the live music and barbeque will start around 7pm

complete info http://www.nhrda.com/Flrz-2012/0825-Info.pdf

0825-XL.gif

Reminder that the Dragstrip has track rule all competitors must have helmet

Looks like we arent going to make this event.. Still waiting on UPS to deliver my clutch that was supposed to be here yesterday

We arrived at about 6pm today, hopefully no one makes fun of our trailer LMAO!

Reminder that the Dragstrip has track rule all competitors must have helmet
Ugh, as much as I like to be safety-minded, it is uncomfortable as heck with factory high-back seats, and probably MUCH more likely to cause a neck injury with factory seats. But I'm sure it makes some insurance adjuster feel better.

Looks like we arent going to make this event.. Still waiting on UPS to deliver my clutch that was supposed to be here yesterday
Bummer! UPS always seems to be late when you REALLY need it on time!

We arrived at about 6pm today, hopefully no one makes fun of our trailer LMAO!
LOL, I've seen some pretty cheesy trailers over the years so I really doubt it!

After going with 1 hour of sleep since 4:00 Thurs morning, we stopped at a rest area about 1 hr from the track and got a great night's sleep last night. About to run through the shower and head to the track!

No updates???

I don`t know the final results because I was too busy working on Kevin`s DPS Pro Stock truck, Rob was tripple classing in super street, pro street and pro stock lol, that truck is bullet proof lately, Bully Dog double classed in pro street and pro stock and also worked well all day, it was a great event, No oil downs at all from anyone, I think one broken tie rod and a track clean because of dirt coming off a few trucks. Huge thanks to Brad and everyone at G&J diesel for hosting a great event!

We also hit a new best MPH mark for Kevin and DPS, 143mph.... just need to get the first half of the run sorted out since it was only a 10.93ET on that pass. We tossed a CP3 belt when the truck shifted on that pass, went from 4700rpm to zero at a 1000ft

Last edited:
Cool, I don't see many other trucks running lifts on the track. Is he on here?

Who owns truck is that in the top right corner? The lifted one?

That belongs to Mark Ventling. I think he ran in both Super Diesel and Super-Street this weekend.

I ran my truck in Sportsman ET, ended up red-lighting to Dustin Gullett in the semis, then he redlit to Steve Price in the finals. I think Rob C won pretty much everything else! I drove DirtyMax and we qualified #1 with a CP3 belt-throwing 8.75 @ only 138 mph, but the electrical gremlins returned and we could not get it started for our semifinal match against Rob C.

Had a great time with another delicious barbecue courtesy of G&J Diesel, and hung out until the wee hours of the morning, and enjoyed the 3:00 am Adrenaline Truck Performance BBQ! Now the fun of the 1000+ mile trip home, with a few detours to visit customers on the way...

No he has a hard time with using google :hehe:
The truck has been on Tv and in Diesel Power and Diesel World.

Back