Big Twins (71/106) questions....

A 64/superdave will do 1k. It's a hot smokey mess but that's besides the point. LOL

I would have rather of seen the 115mm procharger setup. No matter if you could fuel it or not.....BALLIN!

Just used 3/4" hose and pipe, nothing fancy. Figured get the Y as close as possible to the block.
Hmmm...that's how mine is right now...it would be cool not to have to change it....

A 64/superdave will do 1k. It's a hot smokey mess but that's besides the point. LOL

I would have rather of seen the 115mm procharger setup. No matter if you could fuel it or not.....BALLIN!

Oh, I could fuel it....800cc Scheid 13mm pump is in the works :rockwoot:

What was your reason for selecting the 106 as your primary? Just have it laying around? I was thinking of a 96 or a 104 possibly. Curious as to how you decided to go with the 106 with the AK5.

Way, way different application, but I've always been a fan of this type of brace, since it supports the weight of the turbo, but allows some movement when things expand/contract with heat.

185923686_0d5c8d9d3a.jpg

What was your reason for selecting the 106 as your primary? Just have it laying around? I was thinking of a 96 or a 104 possibly. Curious as to how you decided to go with the 106 with the AK5.

Got a deal on it....it's a super old Garrett journal bearing, but I think it'll do the job.

My 106 cleans up my maxed out 965cc 13mm pump. Now the pump may not flow that much on other calibration stands, but wanted to point that out.

I am running 5x.020" International injectors with pretty good internal mods. I don't want to go much bigger then that, maybe 5x.022". So now I will be looking into some 14mm pumps.

My cam is only a 181/208 also. I could only go that big with the clearances in my motor. Next motor will get some healthy fly cuts to go much bigger.

I wanted to get to the point that I could spray a decent amount (around 300-400 extra). The thing is every time I throw more fuel at it, it asks for more.

My 106 cleans up my maxed out 965cc 13mm pump. Now the pump may not flow that much on other calibration stands, but wanted to point that out.

I am running 5x.020" International injectors with pretty good internal mods. I don't want to go much bigger then that, maybe 5x.022". So now I will be looking into some 14mm pumps.

My cam is only a 181/208 also. I could only go that big with the clearances in my motor. Next motor will get some healthy fly cuts to go much bigger.

I wanted to get to the point that I could spray a decent amount (around 300-400 extra). The thing is every time I throw more fuel at it, it asks for more.

Do you know what engine speed that 965cc was at? A lot of builders cite max flow, but if it's at 1800rpm, it doesn't do any good. A 1000cc pump at 1800rpm may be a 600cc pump at 4,000rpm.

Anyways, damn....ever got that thing dynoed?

I know how calibration stands work. That's why I stated it like I did. I just have a local place calibrate my pumps since its faster then sending them to DPE. I don't pay much attention to their cc ratings. Its a 13mm pump with a Hamilton pump cam/springs, scheid 5k, comp cuts, and .093 holders with gutted afc. So 600cc would be on the very low side.

I just got the injectors in today and have been doing some testing. Planned on going to the track tomorrow but its all over the road in 4x4 so I may just run 2wd with slicks. I dout I will get a good time however. Ill have to play around with the 4x4 to get it to go straight. I dout anyone has ever done a setup similar to my chassis setup so its going to take some time to get it all worked out.

I have my brace built into the hot pipe. And still have a/c heat and the stock heat exchanger. Granted my secondary is a 63mm s300 but with a different manifold there would easily be enough room for a larger charger. My primary is a gt55 which goes up to 106mm, however your thumper is a much larger frame than it. (ive had one they are HUGE)
20130213_175152_zps84bebc7f.jpg

I know how calibration stands work. That's why I stated it like I did. I just have a local place calibrate my pumps since its faster then sending them to DPE. I don't pay much attention to their cc ratings. Its a 13mm pump with a Hamilton pump cam/springs, scheid 5k, comp cuts, and .093 holders with gutted afc. So 600cc would be on the very low side.

I just got the injectors in today and have been doing some testing. Planned on going to the track tomorrow but its all over the road in 4x4 so I may just run 2wd with slicks. I dout I will get a good time however. Ill have to play around with the 4x4 to get it to go straight. I dout anyone has ever done a setup similar to my chassis setup so its going to take some time to get it all worked out.

I'll be interested to see what it traps....got a build thread anywhere?

My pump is very similar except my dvs are 181's and stock holders and a priority on fast injection rate, it maxed out with seth at 770cc's.

Last edited:

That'd be nice. Whats your elevation? Comparing to my buddies truck out here, 75 and a 100, they don't get to run the pumps that high without over fueling them.

I see the "i made 1k on a 64/480" guys commenting very soon.

I am in for some pics/ideas as well.

I know of a few that make over 1100 on the 63/64 over 480. Once I get the balls to try to not-bend rods I'll in that range too. BUT, this is a CR, not a dinosaur

I know of a few that make over 1100 on the 63/64 over 480. Once I get the balls to try to not-bend rods I'll in that range too. BUT, this is a CR, not a dinosaur

Who hasnt right...
I think the idea of big twins is an easy/cool 1k+, not 1001hp at 2500 degrees with dp's getting out of hand as well.

Im just assuming this will be a drag, puller, or dyno truck the reason for big twins.

Who hasnt right...
I think the idea of big twins is an easy/cool 1k+, not 1001hp at 2500 degrees with dp's getting out of hand as well.

Im just assuming this will be a drag, puller, or dyno truck the reason for big twins.

I can only imagine how many people have bruises on their forhead from reading half the crap you post on here... :doh:

Who hasnt right...

On a non-CR, with out direct experience but just internet chatter. How's a Pee-Pump going to run "big twins" in a cool fashion? We talking a setup where timing and injectors at changed out at a stop light before going fast?

On a note about CR's. Where my UDC tune is at. The butt dyno suggests close to that 900whp number from past june. Max EGT that i've seen is 1100 @ 70psi... in other words much cooler then I've ever seen it run.

Last edited: