Big Twins (71/106) questions....

Was hoping to see this one come to life. I have my external gate now and a 88mm primary so at some point this winter it's going in with my 468.

^that's going to be fun

I hope so!

I have ran a bunch of bigger singles(71/83/.9, 75/83/.9, 75/87/1.0) this summer trying to pick up power and keep it somewhat street friendly but i keep coming back to the 68. With the extra air from the 88 i think im gonna need more fuel now though:bang More $$$:badidea:

I hope so!

I have ran a bunch of bigger singles(71/83/.9, 75/83/.9, 75/87/1.0) this summer trying to pick up power and keep it somewhat street friendly but i keep coming back to the 68. With the extra air from the 88 i think im gonna need more fuel now though:bang More $$$:badidea:

what 88? i just sold the one i had.

has anyone done a big twin setup with an hx82 and still driven it on the street?

Last edited:
mine is close to an 82, i drive it everyday when its nice out. its a blast to drive but i feel like its a lot of wear and tare using it as a commuter.

That's cool, 1000hp is a lot of wear and tear LOL

anybody else? How about guys in the 100mm range with the big holsets?

I know Keating ran a pretty big set back in the day, I think the HX82's start out at "only" 91mm.....

I know Keating ran a pretty big set back in the day, I think the HX82's start out at "only" 91mm.....

Haha only 91!!

Olddodgetruck: what size is the turbine housing on your 80? Have you ever had issues driving it too hard?

its an e trim with a 32 housing and a 91mm compressor. i haven't checked what kind of drive pressure it makes but it starts building boost when the 471 is making about 20, the gate opens around 40, then i try to keep the truck on the road haha

I was brain storming what kind of monster would be good over my 80 with the spool flange.

right now it builds boost a tad under 1900rpm. its exactly like my 67.7 was with this hammy head.

two cheep 75/83's over this would be mental.

then again I don't think I've maxed this 80 yet.

We are finishing up a s467/tv88 setup on a customers 2007.5 6.7 that we also did 48re swap on. Used a stainless diesel t4 manifold, gate plate and bullseye external gate. Will post pics when the cold piping is finished.

We are finishing up a s467/tv88 setup on a customers 2007.5 6.7 that we also did 48re swap on. Used a stainless diesel t4 manifold, gate plate and bullseye external gate. Will post pics when the cold piping is finished.

That's almost identical to the setup I will have, please let me know how it goes. That 6.7 is gonna out spool mine but that's understandable

my fingers are crossed the rods stay in the block.

Yeah we are gonna load a baby tune on it and hold onto the customers autocal until he is ready for a engine build haha

Still considering doing twins on my built "6.7" for the drag truck. I have a billet 80/87/1.1 t6 I was going to try as a single but I really think as a single I need the 96 turbine.

However... Maybe use this 80/87/1.1 with a s510 or big Garrett? I should have the fuel... 200% over Exergy sticks, dual pumps (still gotta choose what pumps) ported head with side draft, colt stage 4 cam, etc