Big Twins (71/106) questions....

Says the guy that claims 900+ off a VE pump.....

Yup...nitrous is a wonderful thing....don't forget STOMP dyno'd at 899rwhp at the same event, so it wasn't just me at 900....if I wanted to lie, I'd just go by the Dynojet correction number which was 1,026rwhp.

Anyways, no *nx* on this build.

Would there be such a thing as to big of a manifold charger to go with along with a LP turbo of this size.

Jason your right.. I forgot were talking mechanical. But dont you think once on top of the chargers compared to a 64/480 there is more options for fuel to produce bigger numbers? Thats what i meant.

Scat, i'm sorry you feel that way.

Yeah, I know those guys....put em on a less friendly dyno and I'm thinking about 800....

I think you may be calling out the wrong dyno with this. I don't know a lot of other dyno's that have split two blocks at 1000hp, as well as have eaten 3 built transmissions. Nor do I know any other dyno operators that run a full 8 second loaded pull.

One of the guys we pull and race with has made numerous 1200 and 1300hp pulls, on dynojets and other inertia dynos, and he wouldn't dare strap to that superflow, with fears of a rod out the side of the block. Hell we wouldn't even spray it on that dyno, we felt the block would stand a better chance of longer life of doing that at the track then on that dyno.

Last edited:
Also the procharger is a way better idea than a played out set of twins.

Yup...nitrous is a wonderful thing....don't forget STOMP dyno'd at 899rwhp at the same event, so it wasn't just me at 900....if I wanted to lie, I'd just go by the Dynojet correction number which was 1,026rwhp.

Maybe you two should try a less friendly dyno?:blahblah1:

And yet run's 13's

Ok guys, I started this thread to seek advice and get help from people who had tried, done, or thought along the same lines I did. There's absolutely no reason to try and disprove or berate someone who comes in the spirit of seeking knowledge.

Hold the phone, no kidding....must be pile drive Friday. I don't have much to add with that combo but we gave a f-trim thumper a go as a single for ****s....think about a 104-106mm and at the end of testing was set on it being an outstanding charger as a primary.

As for configuration I'd pick short hotside every time if possible. Just don't look at my triples.

I think you may be calling out the wrong dyno with this. I don't know a lot of other dyno's that have split two blocks at 1000hp, as well as have eaten 3 built transmissions. Nor do I know any other dyno operators that run a full 8 second loaded pull.

One of the guys we pull and race with has made numerous 1200 and 1300hp pulls, on dynojets and other inertia dynos, and he wouldn't dare strap to that superflow, with fears of a rod out the side of the block. Hell we wouldn't even spray it on that dyno, we felt the block would stand a better chance of longer life of doing that at the track then on that dyno.

That's a long 8 seconds isn't it. Going to have to start a thread when I get a little more time and share some of that data set you guys deem shareable.

Last edited:
With the truck your working with I'd bet it would go much quicker with more responsive sizes.

Ok guys, I started this thread to seek advice and get help from people who had tried, done, or thought along the same lines I did. There's absolutely no reason to try and disprove or berate someone who comes in the spirit of seeking knowledge.

While I agree with your thoughts and have also become annoyed at the level of hostility here, you did kind of start the whole thing by implying that guys with a 64/480 couldn't make their stated power on a real dyno.

Also I have no idea about the turbine side of your big turbo but I can't see it having a hard time hitting 1000. I did 870 uncorrected with a little gt35 gt55 combo. with the a5k I can't see how your power number wouldn't be much higher given the much higher turbine flow.

Heres a set I just did. Not as big as you are talking about but the support will have no problem with the extra weight. I "Y"ed the drain lines together and ran a -4 to each turbo.

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man :rockwoot:

edit: That is one clean install....

Last edited:
Also the Procharger is a way better idea than a played out set of twins.

This thread is funny. I really didn't think about a blower, but I have gotten a lot of people who have sent me this EXACT message. I ran a 57/71mm combo and made 150 lb-ft less (low end) than I did with the 57mm as a single. I am hoping the blower will make some boost at low rpm, and therefore make horsepower. Which, will make enough drive pressure to spool the manifold charger sooner, and kick the overall horsepower race up into overdrive.

There will be no lack of spooling, overspeeding, or surging of having a 115mm big charger as it will be crank driven, with wastegates on both sides.

I've been rambling back and forth about selling my turbo's laying around and trying to build the exact setup you have been discussing. 71/gt55.

I thought I would bring this back up to the surface and see if you have made any decisions on where your going to go?

This thread is funny. I really didn't think about a blower, but I have gotten a lot of people who have sent me this EXACT message. I ran a 57/71mm combo and made 150 lb-ft less (low end) than I did with the 57mm as a single. I am hoping the blower will make some boost at low rpm, and therefore make horsepower. Which, will make enough drive pressure to spool the manifold charger sooner, and kick the overall horsepower race up into overdrive.

There will be no lack of spooling, overspeeding, or surging of having a 115mm big charger as it will be crank driven, with wastegates on both sides.

Anything? Bump ttt.

Still going the Procharger route for now, waiting on an external gate manifold from Steed Speed.

Ya i saw that thread, and would do just about everything except ***** myself out to have a truck that runs as clean and well as his. :hehe: