Billet Rods

The sleds we use in Missouri that I know personally are
MeanGreane tow weight is 32.000lb don't have a cab
Xfactor Red sled tow Wt. 35.000lb
Xfactor Blue sled tow wt. 35.000lb
The old Bush sled is about 30.000lb
when thes sled are pulling the SS diesel they will put 8.000lb in the box and for the mods like Haisley and Schied they will put a 2.000lb on top of the 8.000lb for grand total of
43.000 to 45.000lb I called and talked to all of these sled owner this mornning.
So I have come to think that MR.Diesel Tec don't know a Da-- thing about pulling sleds and pulling in general.
My brother and I use to own one and know that these sleds also have other gadgets to help stop these truck besides weight.

Hey Sleddy, on Attitude Adjuster, do the back wheels ever come off the ground? I have videos but the almost everyone focuses on the truck and hardly ever on the whole enchilada.

If it doesn't, that's why that sled feels like a slow grind to me, rather than a lighter sled that has to smack the pan harder (a la current Decision Makers) to stop us.

Dale are you referring to grousers? I haven't seen them used much since they tear the hell out of the track. I personally have only seen them used on hot semi trucks. I'm not even sure if the Smoker tractors require them...I guess it would depend on the weight available to them to be put in the box.

I did some test hooks once on a sled where they tried the grousers on me and it was kinda nasty.

Did you read Diesel Monsters reply?

----You may not know what Scott did to his block,but myself and the rest of the pulling world know----he over stress the f-in thing with way too much cylinder pressure. -Something that is almost un-heard of drag racing.---

Drag racing gives shock loads,from launching and shifting. Pulling is steady stress-your block is going to get ripped in half- pressure.

We have proof of this.

Racers with Cummins, that have ripped their non 53 blocks in half, sign in please.

Pullers with the same? Just about the entire Mod class, more than once.
If that wasn't a problem, they would not have been filling them or going to billet blocks.

Slam dunk, swish~~~~~:kick::rockwoot::hehe:

Sleddy

That message last night when i was done typing it said sled pulling. Someone change my oriangal message

Yes the NSAO require grouses.On all the sleds they are put towards the rear of the pan on each side. The sleds I mentioned have them.And all but the Bush sled the back wheels come off the ground when the pan gets the Hydrolics slamed Put preusser from the frame to the back of the pan on at the end of the track that realy puts the hurts on every body.

Dale

Steve the point everyone is trying to make is Torque is what gets you down a pulling track. We have alot more pulling against are truck witch is makeing are trucks work harder to get that sled where it needs to be. Im a Fan of both drag racing and pulling and i have to be honest and say ive broke everything Sled Pulling 1 tranny 3 flex plates 1 rear end and other stupit ****.

I myself think that Sled Pulling is more stress ful on a truck and its pretty easy to see why it is. :poke:

This was my original message last night.

I have made a trip somewhat similar to that with dave. Needless to say I was really glad to get to our destination. The man is crazy I tell you.

Did you read Diesel Monsters reply?

----You may not know what Scott did to his block,but myself and the rest of the pulling world know----he over stress the f-in thing with way too much cylinder pressure. -Something that is almost un-heard of drag racing.---

Drag racing gives shock loads,from launching and shifting. Pulling is steady stress-your block is going to get ripped in half- pressure.

We have proof of this.

Racers with Cummins, that have ripped their non 53 blocks in half, sign in please.

Pullers with the same? Just about the entire Mod class, more than once.
If that wasn't a problem, they would not have been filling them or going to billet blocks.

Slam dunk, swish~~~~~:kick::rockwoot::hehe:
Problems I see with this statement.

1- There is probably 100x more pullers than guys who drag there Cummins.

2- I dont know of anybody with a Cummins Truck that drag races that makes 1500hp+, except the maybe a rail car or two.

3- How many drag guys you see on these forums? Maybe 4-5 big racers. The thing with sled pulling theres always a huge crowd theres not like a test and tune night at the pulling track, unlike drag racing. What Im getting at if a sled puller breaks something, more often then not someone from on here will talk about. If a drag racer breaks a block unless its at a big diesel event, more than likely nobody will know about.

1- There is probably 100x more pullers than guys who drag there Cummins.

2- I dont know of anybody with a Cummins Truck that drag races that makes 1500hp+, except the maybe a rail car or two.

3- How many drag guys you see on these forums? Maybe 4-5 big racers. The thing with sled pulling theres always a huge crowd theres not like a test and tune night at the pulling track, unlike drag racing. What Im getting at if a sled puller breaks something, more often then not someone from on here will talk about. If a drag racer breaks a block unless its at a big diesel event, more than likely nobody will know about.

Drag racers talk about it also. Because they want to inform people the weak points of the truck. Just my .02

*TRUE (thats the point)*1- There is probably 100x more pullers than guys who drag there Cummins.

*TRUE *2- I dont know of anybody with a Cummins Truck that drag races that makes 1500hp+, except the maybe a rail car or two.

SEE BELOW 3- How many drag guys you see on these forums? Maybe 4-5 big racers. The thing with sled pulling theres always a huge crowd theres not like a test and tune night at the pulling track, unlike drag racing. What Im getting at if a sled puller breaks something, more often then not someone from on here will talk about. If a drag racer breaks a block unless its at a big diesel event, more than likely nobody will know about.

I think almost all the drag guys or their teams are on here. Except for Super Sonic, BBD, and Agtremely Hooked, the Mod guys in pulling aren't represented that well.

The entire point of the thread was-are Steve Coles rods tough enough to handle the stresses of a Mod-pulling motor, and the answer is, none of us know with the information that is available to us at this time.

For some reason, Steve hijacked the thread and wanted to insist sleds don't weigh anything,:what: and of course hes been proven wrong, so I expect he'll keep his mouth shut in the sled pulling area from now on, if hes smart.:eek:wned:

If he wants to see if is rods will hold. I know where there is a mod cummins being built and a mod dmax. Wanna see if they will hold steve

Hey Sleddy, on Attitude Adjuster, do the back wheels ever come off the ground? I have videos but the almost everyone focuses on the truck and hardly ever on the whole enchilada.

If it doesn't, that's why that sled feels like a slow grind to me, rather than a lighter sled that has to smack the pan harder (a la current Decision Makers) to stop us.

Dale are you referring to grousers? I haven't seen them used much since they tear the hell out of the track. I personally have only seen them used on hot semi trucks. I'm not even sure if the Smoker tractors require them...I guess it would depend on the weight available to them to be put in the box.

I did some test hooks once on a sled where they tried the grousers on me and it was kinda nasty.

It can, but it doesn't for pickups.
Spike grousers are brutal.(thank goodness we is on dirt and they is no strain on the trucks....) Most modern sleds have non adjustable v bars welded on the pans, that I am familiar with.

BTW the MACK tried to spike you at Stoneboro, but the track was so hard, they would not dig in, :doh:

I think almost all the drag guys or their teams are on here. Except for Super Sonic, BBD, and Agtremely Hooked, the Mod guys in pulling aren't represented that well.
The entire point of the thread was-are Steve Coles rods tough enough to handle the stresses of a Mod-pulling motor, and the answer is, none of us know with the information that is available to us at this time.

For some reason, Steve hijacked the thread and wanted to insist sleds don't weigh anything, and of course hes been proven wrong, so I expect he'll keep his mouth shut in the sled pulling area from now on, if hes smart

The thing with mod guys, I know that there very few on here, but there's always people watching them pull.

Where there is tons of backwoods guys that have a 12v turned to the sky that drag race it, that probably dont have a computer nor know WTF compdiesel is.

But I understand what else you were saying

Why can't the undereducated sled puller folk here understand that accleration is a force?

F=MA....

Drag race...smaller M...huge A
Sled pull...huge M...small A

F is the same...ie the max hp/tq at the crank

acceleration may not be as small as you think, ask some what their wheel speed is not how fast the actual truck is moving. but somethign else to factor in is the coefficient of friction or load applied.