Budget Beater!

Throttle response is much snappier and smoother. S480 spools quite a bit easier. Very noticeable gain just off the get go with it. waiting to strap it to the dyno to get some numbers.

Love the build.

but, I must....

...did Ray Charles weld that thing with a flux core????

Hahaha if I say yes will you believe me? I'm definitely not a fabricator but for a total cost of about $100 I'm okay with it. Had a lot of fun building it and it was a very noticeable difference. If you stand 10 feet away and squint your eyes it looks amazing!

Love the build.

but, I must....

...did Ray Charles weld that thing with a flux core????

After the gorgeous welds that were on your compound piping, these are disappointing, but I'm sure these were much cheaper too lol

I didnt do any of the welding on the twin piping. That was a buddy at Hollands Performance. He also built the twin gate adapter. I'm just a novice that pretends to know what he is doing.

After the gorgeous welds that were on your compound piping, these are disappointing, but I'm sure these were much cheaper too lol

What size tire and wheel are you running in the rear? What kind of backspacing ?I like how the tire sticks out just a little but not to much.

-24mm offset, 4.56" backspacing. Just your standard 16x10 Raceline 887 Rockcrusher

I haven't read your thread until yesterday. I have to say it gave me a fire under my butt again to get back into working on my truck. I've got a SCSB 94 12v that has been nothing but troubles so I parked it a year ago. Now today on a nice slow rainy day I finally started working on it again!

Hope to have similar ET's as your truck, AND still be able to street drive it.

Nice! Get on it buddy! They are extremely addicting and fun to play with.

Yes they are! My shorty is liking driving a sports car after crawling out of anything else truck wise.

I installed some 34x13.5x16 slicks and cut the fiber glass for clearance this weekend. Just waiting for the track to open now to get her dialed in!

13043375_1295942787090371_700010863897029871_n.jpg
1923774_1271872889497361_6942071216604045003_n.jpg

is that a camera phone from 2003?
click on the pictures to enlarge them. They just showed up small the way they were attached. Easier than adding them to photobucket then again on here. lol

Last edited:
click on the pictures to enlarge them. They just showed up small the way they were attached. Easier than adding them to photobucket then again on here. lol

made me laugh! first time they showed up huge but with pixels the size of pennies.

looking good!

Junker/Budget Beater drag strip death match..... we now live in the same state....

33x14.50 vs 34x13.50
12mm pump vs 13mm pump
Old Holset 82mm Compounds vs. new Borg 80mm Single

Could be interesting if both trucks get hooked up and cut a light. Maybe I can bring the Junker up to II's dyno day next weekend and we can see how we compare power-wise on the same dyno same day. Most would agree that a modern single S480 fueled with a 13mm would make more power than old school HT4B fueled with a 12mm pump. My curiosity is getting the best of me, if the Junker survives NHRDA race this weekend, I'll have to bring it up if your truck will be ready to run on the dyno.