Budget Beater!

Looks like that red billet Sonnax 2nd gear servo had a failure. Did Dave mention anything that looked like the culprit, perhaps 2nd gear band adjustement was needed as the band wore, or just a random failure?

Looks like that red billet Sonnax 2nd gear servo had a failure. Did Dave mention anything that looked like the culprit, perhaps 2nd gear band adjustement was needed as the band wore, or just a random failure?

He was thinking it was just too much abuse and power over the years above what it was rated for. He only built it for 700hp 5 years ago. Said everything else looked good except for the direct clutches. The pictures I posted are all from the new stuff he installed. I think the oil on the servo is making it look kinda goofy in the picture. Ill post the pics of the old parts here shortly.

He was thinking it was just too much abuse and power over the years above what it was rated for. He only built it for 700hp 5 years ago. Said everything else looked good except for the direct clutches. The pictures I posted are all from the new stuff he installed. I think the oil on the servo is making it look kinda goofy in the picture. Ill post the pics of the old parts here shortly.

That's what I get for falling victim to Comp D mobile browsing, on a computer screen that Sonnax servo looks normal. Can't wait to see the new time slips with the fresh tranny! Are you going to be ready for II's event in August? It would be fun to line up our trucks, but I know for sure I'm mid 10's at best if the stars align, I don't have enough power yet to run quicker than mid 10's.

That's what I get for falling victim to Comp D mobile browsing, on a computer screen that Sonnax servo looks normal. Can't wait to see the new time slips with the fresh tranny! Are you going to be ready for II's event in August? It would be fun to line up our trucks, but I know for sure I'm mid 10's at best if the stars align, I don't have enough power yet to run quicker than mid 10's.

Yep I'll be ready and ready with about 500hp worth of nitrous strapped to her as well. We will definitely have to line up and go head to head. Excited to see you there buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally decided it was time to get the gates to dump external of the engine bay haha. Built some piping then did the brakes on her with an upgraded GM brake cylinder and fixed a leaky wheel seal that was oil soaking the brake shoes. Fiberglass removeable bed sides makes brakes super easy.

13924952_1372119246139391_9076370646122096108_n.jpg

13686613_1372120526139263_8051243679178435874_n.jpg

13895230_1372887532729229_4278055489673734734_n.jpg

New personal record for the Beater. New trans from Dave at Ultimate Transmission is working flawless and holding all the power no problem. Gates were still opening under spring pressure only. Ran a .052 jet on a WOT switch and a .088 jet wired to the horn button which I hit in 2nd gear. Truck ran 100% clean down the track and ended up with a second place finish at our ii diesel showdown event. Couldn't be happier with how it performed. Going to dual feed my injectors and install my Hamilton V2 cam into the pump and shoot for those 9s.
f44213e18727ec67c817e6f39361bf3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12v can run clean lol what is your current fuel setup. What injectors. What pump ect

I'm running single feed 5x.024s, 180 pump with 13mm plungers, 191 dv, 0 plate, 26* timing.

Played around on the dyno much? Seems like it should run a little faster than that. Also kinda amazed you cleaned up the 13mm, where is the fuel set? I have a feeling fuel only that thing would love more timing. Like 32-35

Played around on the dyno much? Seems like it should run a little faster than that. Also kinda amazed you cleaned up the 13mm, where is the fuel set? I have a feeling fuel only that thing would love more timing. Like 32-35

DA was around 7400 feet so that's part of the issue as well. pump was at 850cc before i swapped plate, dvs and modded housing. I'm still just running a single 80 so if I want 9s im going to have to spray it so 26* I feel is a perfect spot for it. Im losing a little on the top end because of the stock cam in the pump still which will be fixed here shortly as well as the restricted single fed injectors. The truck makes like 560hp on fuel at 35psi on our dyno. An unloaded dyno is worthless in my mind for my truck so i just use the 1320 to dyno it.

DA was around 7400 feet so that's part of the issue as well. pump was at 850cc before i swapped plate, dvs and modded housing. I'm still just running a single 80 so if I want 9s im going to have to spray it so 26* I feel is a perfect spot for it. Im losing a little on the top end because of the stock cam in the pump still which will be fixed here shortly as well as the restricted single fed injectors. The truck makes like 560hp on fuel at 35psi on our dyno. An unloaded dyno is worthless in my mind for my truck so i just use the 1320 to dyno it.

Stupid question but did you guys do the pump originally? That sounds like a crazy amount of fuel to be cleaned up. That setup on spray should be like 1300 hp or something wouldn't you think?

Stupid question but did you guys do the pump originally? That sounds like a crazy amount of fuel to be cleaned up. That setup on spray should be like 1300 hp or something wouldn't you think?

The pump was built 3 years ago by Robin Hood at Idaho Diesel. I'm also pretty sure my truck still somehow weighs 5600-5800 lbs. I need to find another scale to get a second opinion. The gates were also wide open which is holding a lot back as well. I'm going to add more fuel and a little bigger jet on the bottom and see where it gets me.

Just pulled the pump on my lunch break and dropped it off at the fuel shop to have the Hamilton V-2 pump cam and springs installed. Also getting some dual fed 5x.024s built in preparation for Billings!

Went to Billings and had a rough day. Timing slipped first pass. 2nd pass i almost hit the wall then the center lane. Track was crazy slick. 3rd pass Rear view mirror fell off and hit me in the face 1/4 track got me all discombobulated and shifter from 2nd to 4th at 5k bouncing off the tack held it with out falling off charger but only went 10.4 spinning the whole way down. Didn't get those 9s but did manage to go 138mph so pretty stoked about that. Time to play with the rear suspension and get this old girl to hook and go down the track straight.