Building aluminum Cummins heads

Dave start with something for "the mass's" you can always build another head that is OHC. A bolt on head with some real flow, would be a great benefit to even a moderately tuned DD.

This is what I am thinking. I'd like to do something that a DD or weekend warrior can purchase and install, while still offering dedicated racers more than what they can get elsewhere.

This is what I am thinking. I'd like to do something that a DD or weekend warrior can purchase and install, while still offering dedicated racers more than what they can get elsewhere.

Once this takes off, then you can do the $10K OHC anything and everything head.

I know a little shop in close to me that might be working on a CR head design. Only time will tell for next year. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Nice! I need to find a 2010 cold side charge tube, I'm sure I'll be stuck going to the dealer for that.

You want the piece that goes from the (driver side) intercooler to the stock air horn? I think I might be able to help you out with that one as well.:Cheer:

You want the piece that goes from the (driver side) intercooler to the stock air horn? I think I might be able to help you out with that one as well.:Cheer:

Yes I do, its different from the early ones, I need one so I can make some 4" charge tubes. While your at it if you find the aftercooler I could use that as well:snoop:

ok maybe im wrong here jus thinkin outloud...... i understand pistons are still alum but im thinking along the lines about several 12v heads i seen crack inbetween the valves from wat i remember alum starts to melt at around
1200* hows this gonna work out cuz i knoe there aren't too many pullin trucks out there that run less than 1200* egts?? thats kinda how i dont understand how my truck has ran 1800-1900 befor and the pistons not layin in the oilpan?? sorry if i interrupt here jus like learnin new stuff ha

ok maybe im wrong here jus thinkin outloud...... i understand pistons are still alum but im thinking along the lines about several 12v heads i seen crack inbetween the valves from wat i remember alum starts to melt at around
1200* hows this gonna work out cuz i knoe there aren't too many pullin trucks out there that run less than 1200* egts?? thats kinda how i dont understand how my truck has ran 1800-1900 befor and the pistons not layin in the oilpan?? sorry if i interrupt here jus like learnin new stuff ha

That is the temperature of the exhaust gas, the aluminum doesn't reach that temperature because not only because it naturally dissipates heat very quickly but also because these engine parts are being cooled by coolant and oil. A thermal barrier can make a big difference as well.

I have an extra CR head I have bin waiting for a good idea to work on it.. send it off maybe I can help..

Any chance you wanna tackle some aftermarket Ford 6.0L heads? Same idea...use chevy valves, and roller rocker arms if possible.

The real selling point here is that EVERY set of 6.0L heads crack now or later, and if you can solve the restrictive flow problems, man, that would help out tons!!

Ten four to that!!!! you would be a rich man.

Any chance you wanna tackle some aftermarket Ford 6.0L heads? Same idea...use chevy valves, and roller rocker arms if possible.

The real selling point here is that EVERY set of 6.0L heads crack now or later, and if you can solve the restrictive flow problems, man, that would help out tons!!

Ten four to that!!!! you would be a rich man.

Ok so which one of you guys is gonna send me some cracked heads:ford:

I have an extra CR head I have bin waiting for a good idea to work on it.. send it off maybe I can help..

That would be much appreciated, lets wait and see if Mike finds something layin around in his stash O parts first. Although having duplicate heads would be good so I can use one of each style head to cut up.

Keep eyes open

Should be cnc billet head prototype at the terre haute event. Hopes of having it running on our pul truck yet this season, Based on a 12 valve design with intensions for DD applications but airflow for big performance applications. Should be interesting in next 30 days!!

As much as you already know this cost is paramount. The idea of bringing something to the market where normal people can afford it would likely move more units than a $7000+ dedicated max effort piece but I could be way off. Good luck hopefully this takes off into a workable product.

Its certainly possible, the more need the easier it is to get stuff done. I'd like to focus on a performance cummins application for now but I'm always open to new ideas/products.

:bang like the cummins guys don't already have enough parts available..sheesh.

Ok so which one of you guys is gonna send me some cracked heads:ford:

ive got a pair of cracked up 6.0 heads laying around i wouldnt mind getting out of my way! if you wouldnt mind helping with the shipping costs, ill let you have the dern things, LOL!

i might have some heads that i can pull off my 6.0 and send off. not sure if i can make my truck fully inoperable right now though.

Garrett

I appreciate the offer but I don't want to leave you stranded without a truck, I think I'll go with a set of cracked heads that are in someones way.

Should be cnc billet head prototype at the terre haute event. Hopes of having it running on our pul truck yet this season, Based on a 12 valve design with intensions for DD applications but airflow for big performance applications. Should be interesting in next 30 days!!

Sounds cool, is this the Indy Cylinder head one?

As much as you already know this cost is paramount. The idea of bringing something to the market where normal people can afford it would likely move more units than a $7000+ dedicated max effort piece but I could be way off. Good luck hopefully this takes off into a workable product.

Exactly, they won't be cheap, but not as expensive as some of the numbers being thrown out there.

:bang like the cummins guys don't already have enough parts available..sheesh.

If you think you can move them contact me, I'll make parts for anything.

ive got a pair of cracked up 6.0 heads laying around i wouldnt mind getting out of my way! if you wouldnt mind helping with the shipping costs, ill let you have the dern things, LOL!

I'll pay shipping! PM sent.

no, no! This is our own ideas which will be a bolt on affair offering lots of air flow and no more cracked heads.

If you put your hand in a 400 degree oven for a few seconds will you get burned if you put it in there for a long extended time at that temp and your going to get burned. Duramax guys have been running aluminum heads at egts just as hot as the cummins guys and don't melt the heads. So the simple answer is no it won't melt.